Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Can we create regional sub-forums?

ChitownM2

I was looking for a place to post a question about finding a local shop to bend some irons and realized that we don't have a good place for regional talk. The "introduce yourself" sub-forum is the only place I can find with regions and that isn't exactly the best place to be asking and also it isn't viewed nearly as often as I feel a lot of people aren't interested in saying hi to every person that joins the forum. 

I do think it would be useful to use those same regions though and create sub-forums for each to post new topics. This would be a good place to discuss local fitters, local retailers, etc. It could also incorporate the "arrange a game" sub-forum as it is much easier to coordinate real life meet ups with people who are local compared to one sub-forum for the entire world.

10 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I was looking for a place to post a question about finding a local shop to bend some irons and realized that we don't have a good place for regional talk. The "introduce yourself" sub-forum is the only place I can find with regions and that isn't exactly the best place to be asking and also it isn't viewed nearly as often as I feel a lot of people aren't interested in saying hi to every person that joins the forum. 

I do think it would be useful to use those same regions though and create sub-forums for each to post new topics. This would be a good place to discuss local fitters, local retailers, etc. It could also incorporate the "arrange a game" sub-forum as it is much easier to coordinate real life meet ups with people who are local compared to one sub-forum for the entire world.

Hi there - you can find the regional subforums here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/60-introduce-yourself/

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Hi there - you can find the regional subforums here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/60-introduce-yourself/

But that is just one giant thread of people introducing themself to the forum. 

I'm talking about a separate sub-heading where you can post your own topic and have a discussion about it without being intermixed with 10 people a day listing how long they have played golf and what they do for a living. 

If I want to post a thread to get recommendations for a club fitter in the Chicago area, that single post is going to get lost in that sea of introductions, not to mention that nobody will be looking there to answer that type of question. To be perfectly honest, I haven't gone in my regional thread since the first week I joined the forum because there really isn't a lot of discussion in there.

Likewise, if I post it in the clubfitting sub-heading, the majority of the people who see that post probably don't live by me and can't answer the question, but if I posted it in a "Midwest Section" then local people who might not be looking at the clubfitting section would see it and provide feedback on who they had used. 

Another great way of this is utilizing the map and narrowing into your area. Can send private messages to multiple people in the area as well and they will get direct notification instead of banking on them looking at a topic. Just food for thought.

image.png.f7690713de5b2ef68affbdcaa1483a1d.png

Do not know exactly where you are but @chisag might be a wealth of information on fitters.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

38 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Another great way of this is utilizing the map and narrowing into your area. Can send private messages to multiple people in the area as well and they will get direct notification instead of banking on them looking at a topic. Just food for thought.

Do not know exactly where you are but @chisag might be a wealth of information on fitters.

Thanks for the tip. How or where do I find that map of members? 

3 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Thanks for the tip. How or where do I find that map of members? 

If you are on the computer:

image.png.7227a50b087272bd5ccacca2822ac9a2.png

Select the members drop down and click "member/course map". You can then zoom in wherever you so choose and can click each member to see names in your area.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!