Jump to content

Can we create regional sub-forums?


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I was looking for a place to post a question about finding a local shop to bend some irons and realized that we don't have a good place for regional talk. The "introduce yourself" sub-forum is the only place I can find with regions and that isn't exactly the best place to be asking and also it isn't viewed nearly as often as I feel a lot of people aren't interested in saying hi to every person that joins the forum. 

I do think it would be useful to use those same regions though and create sub-forums for each to post new topics. This would be a good place to discuss local fitters, local retailers, etc. It could also incorporate the "arrange a game" sub-forum as it is much easier to coordinate real life meet ups with people who are local compared to one sub-forum for the entire world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I was looking for a place to post a question about finding a local shop to bend some irons and realized that we don't have a good place for regional talk. The "introduce yourself" sub-forum is the only place I can find with regions and that isn't exactly the best place to be asking and also it isn't viewed nearly as often as I feel a lot of people aren't interested in saying hi to every person that joins the forum. 

I do think it would be useful to use those same regions though and create sub-forums for each to post new topics. This would be a good place to discuss local fitters, local retailers, etc. It could also incorporate the "arrange a game" sub-forum as it is much easier to coordinate real life meet ups with people who are local compared to one sub-forum for the entire world.

Hi there - you can find the regional subforums here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/60-introduce-yourself/

  • Like 2

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Hi there - you can find the regional subforums here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/60-introduce-yourself/

But that is just one giant thread of people introducing themself to the forum. 

I'm talking about a separate sub-heading where you can post your own topic and have a discussion about it without being intermixed with 10 people a day listing how long they have played golf and what they do for a living. 

If I want to post a thread to get recommendations for a club fitter in the Chicago area, that single post is going to get lost in that sea of introductions, not to mention that nobody will be looking there to answer that type of question. To be perfectly honest, I haven't gone in my regional thread since the first week I joined the forum because there really isn't a lot of discussion in there.

Likewise, if I post it in the clubfitting sub-heading, the majority of the people who see that post probably don't live by me and can't answer the question, but if I posted it in a "Midwest Section" then local people who might not be looking at the clubfitting section would see it and provide feedback on who they had used. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great way of this is utilizing the map and narrowing into your area. Can send private messages to multiple people in the area as well and they will get direct notification instead of banking on them looking at a topic. Just food for thought.

image.png.f7690713de5b2ef68affbdcaa1483a1d.png

Do not know exactly where you are but @chisag might be a wealth of information on fitters.

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that re-locating the regional sub-forums into the arrange a game area seems like a better idea.

  • Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
 
SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Another great way of this is utilizing the map and narrowing into your area. Can send private messages to multiple people in the area as well and they will get direct notification instead of banking on them looking at a topic. Just food for thought.

 

Do not know exactly where you are but @chisag might be a wealth of information on fitters.

Thanks for the tip. How or where do I find that map of members? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Thanks for the tip. How or where do I find that map of members? 

If you are on the computer:

image.png.7227a50b087272bd5ccacca2822ac9a2.png

Select the members drop down and click "member/course map". You can then zoom in wherever you so choose and can click each member to see names in your area.

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...