TESTERS WANTED! ×

Laser Rangefinder Question...

Guys I know your gonna tell me don’t be a cheap skate .... but I’ve been looking everywhere is there such thing as a quality laser rangefinder under $100.00 ??

i mean with today’s technology and various manufacturers I can’t believe these things aren’t a dime a dozen.

Thanks for any suggestions as always 

The Tectectec brand is $149.00 and it works as good as anything else. I have one. I believe it received good ratings by MGS a year or two ago. They also have good customer service. You can get it direct or through Amazon.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

The Tectectec brand is $149.00 and it works as good as anything else. I have one. I believe it received good ratings by MGS a year or two ago. They also have good customer service. You can get it direct or through Amazon.
The Tectectec was my first range finder bc of price. I had to replace it after a season and half of play as the display started to malfunction. Numbers wouldn't appear and sometimes the crosshair wouldn't be there.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

3 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

The Tectectec was my first range finder bc of price. I had to replace it after a season and half of play as the display started to malfunction. Numbers wouldn't appear and sometimes the crosshair wouldn't be there.

Take Dead Aim

I had the same issue. I called customer service and they said it was moisture / fog between the lenses. They asked me if I traveled with it on airplanes and I said yes. The cold temperatures can cause this. They said take the battery out, leave it on the dashboard of your car in the sun for a few hours. Then looking at the display it will be all black. Take it inside and within 10 minutes it will be back to normal.

I did andit worked perfectly. I forgot a second time when traveling by plane. I repeatedly procedure and it worked again.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I picked up my Bushnell off of eBay used for about half price.  Sooner or later, I'll need to buy my daughter her own laser, and I'll probably buy her the Precision Pro NX7

https://www.precisionprogolf.com/product/nx7-golf-rangefinder/

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I've been pretty happy with my Precision Pro rangefinder.  Had a Garmen Approach GPS for years that I liked but when it died I went the laser route.

Reviews say "it is not as fast" as Bushnell or Leupold but I really don't know what that is supposed to mean.  When I see the flag and press the button it vibrates and gives me the yardage (and slope if I have that turned on).  There is no delay or anything so I think that "fastest" is marketing hype that is not functional.  It doesn't have the range of some of the others - for example I can't scope a 500 yard shot with mine and Bushnell can and beyond.  I suppose that matters.  For me that might be better for rifle practice but not  so consequential for golf.  I think it shoots pretty well out into the 350+ plus range which is further than I can hit it.  I would say that it is sometimes hard to pick up the flags that don't have the little reflector things on them.  Mostly I see that at driving ranges.  If my club wouldn't put those on (and every local club that I have played has) I would just put a piece of reflector tape on the flag as I played that hole.  Again probably can't do that at the driving range but you are usually hitting bad balls so distance is not that reliable anyway.

One of my playing partners the other day had one of the hybrid ones that when you look through the viewer you see the normal range finder yardage but on the left was the GPS representation of the hole with distances.  It was kinda small but pretty cool - also that dramatically raises the price.  You might be able to do some of the things that I used the Garmen for - like yardages from tee/swing to your resulting ball position.  That might be nice again but I don't know if I would pay for it.

Customer Service for Precision Pro is great.  Batteries for life is a cool thing.  I have replaced mine and free is nice.

Highly recommend.

Jim

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

Thanks guys ... Tsmithjr9 did you end up replacing it with a different one ?
Yes, I got a Nikon CoolShot which I was very happy with. Until I left it on the course @ 4th of July this year. Now I have a Precision Pro NX7, which seems to work very well, but I've only used it 1 round.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star