Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Arccos and Apple Watch

Been having issues recently, and wanted to see if anyone has seen this, or stumbled on a fix.  I'm using the watch just for distances, not shot tracking, and somewhere around midway through the round, the watch will just not update anymore.  Stays fixated on hole 11 from there on out, and I must resort to pulling my phone out all the time.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Mainly a Ping guy

Yes, stop using it. Mine hasn't worked through Apple watch in a year. ALWAYS issues. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

• 1 month later...

I believe the watch portion of Arccos is still in the beta version. 

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:28 AM, TexasFullSend said:

I believe the watch portion of Arccos is still in the beta version. 

Yes technically it is still in Beta and (i've tried) they aren't keen on providing an estimate when the apple watch might have similar reliability as the LINK or just the phone.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

So I am curious about the LINK. I do have an Apple Watch but the Link seems useful if you need to throw on rain gear and how you can mark the pin. Anyone seeing lots of benefits with the link?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 10/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, rbsiedsc said:

So I am curious about the LINK. I do have an Apple Watch but the Link seems useful if you need to throw on rain gear and how you can mark the pin. Anyone seeing lots of benefits with the link?

Are you asking about a comparison between link and the watch?  Link is better, period.  Even the Arccos tech team told me not to use the watch.  It’s still in beta.  I tried the watch and it would miss shots and scramble shots between holes.  If you have rain gear, just clip it to the rain jacket pocket.

I’ve used the link for two rounds and a few practice holes, much better than my phone or watch.  My only concern is loosing it.  I clip mine on a pocket.  Last round it hit the arm of the cart, just happened to notice it in the seat.  I see some are making clips with straps.  I may start clipping it to a belt.  I don’t always wear shorts or pants with belts.

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

1 hour ago, dbdors said:

Are you asking about a comparison between link and the watch?  Link is better, period.  Even the Arccos tech team told me not to use the watch.  It’s still in beta.  I tried the watch and it would miss shots and scramble shots between holes.  If you have rain gear, just clip it to the rain jacket pocket.

I’ve used the link for two rounds and a few practice holes, much better than my phone or watch.  My only concern is loosing it.  I clip mine on a pocket.  Last round it hit the arm of the cart, just happened to notice it in the seat.  I see some are making clips with straps.  I may start clipping it to a belt.  I don’t always wear shorts or pants with belts.

Ya I went ahead and got it knowing I’m gonna play some wet golf for wedge testing. Should be here sometime in November. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Been having issues recently, and wanted to see if anyone has seen this, or stumbled on a fix.  I'm using the watch just for distances, not shot tracking, and somewhere around midway through the round, the watch will just not update anymore.  Stays fixated on hole 11 from there on out, and I must resort to pulling my phone out all the time.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Same here, I bailed and went to Shot Scope. Not on Apple but I’m getting used to it.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t had it miss a shot with the phone in my pocket. Haven’t tried just the watch yet for shot tracking. I do notice the app closes out and I have to reopen it a million times on my watch. I did have the phone not progress to the right hole today which was odd, but was able to edit on the spot to fix it. 

Edited by rbsiedsc

My Reviews:

I'm super pumped for getting rid of my Garmin S60 to get an apple watch to tie in with my Arccos! And when I say super pumped, I'm anything but. This thread doesn't bode well for my hopes of listening to music while I play golf, no phone in the pocket, and have arccos on my apple watch. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 hour ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I'm super pumped for getting rid of my Garmin S60 to get an apple watch to tie in with my Arccos! And when I say super pumped, I'm anything but. This thread doesn't bode well for my hopes of listening to music while I play golf, no phone in the pocket, and have arccos on my apple watch. 

get a Link! I am waiting for mine to come in

My Reviews:

I just finished my first round with my Apple Watch SE and Arccos Caddie app. 

Overall...I'm impressed. I thought going into the round it would be a disaster but it captured every shot (with the caveat that it recorded two shots with the incorrect club) and I was able to stream Pandora over my bluetooth speaker. 

The round used up 51% of my battery. My Garmin S60 used 60% for a round of golf. Neither will get you 36 holes on a single charge. 

I still needed my phone at times to get yardages to hazards or bunkers but it was easy to flick the wrist to get front, middle and back exact and adjusted yardages, all while listening to Led Zeppelin.

I think the key is at the first of the round keeping both screens on while the app and watch sync. It kept giving me errors because my watch face would go dark. Once I got them synced and started the round on the app, I was good to go with shot tracking on the watch.

I have no reason to get a link right now but this is just one round in the books...another round coming Monday. So far, so good. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Played another round with the apple watch and Arccos Caddie app and didn't see any issues related to watch/app sync. There was some user error on one hole that I didn't record a hole out and Arccos thought I was still playing the previous hole. I did have two phone calls during the round and my watch alerted me to resume the round. 

My Apple Watch SE is just GPS, it doesn't have the cellular capability so sometimes it doesn't record the shot in the exact spot if I'm far away from my phone. I did notice a few shots (maybe 3 or 4 approach shots) where the GPS wasn't accurate. It's like once I lost connection with the phone, it didn't know where I was on the fairway. My watch read 155 to the center yet I was standing on a sprinkler head that said 133 and I lasered the pin (+8) to 141. That's probably on the apple watch more than anything else. 

Overall I'm content with the current setup and don't see a need for a Link just yet. 

• Lefty

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, Jenny l said:

Do you have to carry phone with you to get immediate reads on an Apple Watch with smart clubs? Thank you in advance. 

If your Apple Watch is GPS enabled (red button on side/you pay an extra fee with your cell carrier), then no. If your apple watch has a silver button, then it relies on your phone to determine yardage. I noticed when I get too far from my phone, the watch yardage and shot tracking is a little off simply because it can't connect with the phone. Once it gets in range, then it gets a more accurate yardage and syncs up the shots. 

• Lefty

I never could get the watch portion to work correctly

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft