Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Monte's New Video

As many of you may know, I am a big Monte Scheinblum fan. Unfortunately his Seattle summer clinic was canceled, so didn't get to go to that. However, he released a new video that is based on his famous No turn Cast drill. I just purchased it today. The backswing approach in this video simplifies things immensely in my mind. Usually if I can get into a good backswing position, i can make good things happen from there. Gotta give it a shot next time at the range.

https://video.rebelliongolf.com/programs/noturncast?cid=1178405

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

His Efficient Swing is probably my favorite of his videos because the concepts and drills are so easy and make so much sense. A lot of them were things I had worked on in lessons, just with a slightly different approach. The pro I worked with wanted to give me a few easy things to just try to ingrain so I could have some fun out on the course.

I had tried the No Turn Cast Drill when he first released it on YouTube and I could never get the hang of it. I'll have to check out this updated version, given how many people it's worked for. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

His Efficient Swing is probably my favorite of his videos because the concepts and drills are so easy and make so much sense. A lot of them were things I had worked on in lessons, just with a slightly different approach. The pro I worked with wanted to give me a few easy things to just try to ingrain so I could have some fun out on the course.

I had tried the No Turn Cast Drill when he first released it on YouTube and I could never get the hang of it. I'll have to check out this updated version, given how many people it's worked for. 

The new video is much more detailed that the old youtube video. I am focusing on the backswing part only for now. 

When I had an in-person lesson back in December with Monte, when I was able to get to a proper backswing position, my transition and downswing automatically became on plane. For me, its hard to consistently get to the right backswing position. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

I also just purchased this video.  It's on special until for $18.99 through 9/20.  I have all of Monte's videos, and the price is right.  Lots of great info in them, and I refresh on certain ones now and then.  

My wife and I were supposed to go to Monte's course in SoCal in early April, but that has been postposed until...  who knows when!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the No Turn Cast video last night and now I know why the original drill never worked for me. I had a major misunderstanding of how things worked. Seeing Monte make the moves in slow motion on the clockface really made things click. And it does work very well with The Efficient Swing video - there's a lot of things shared in regards to the backswing and the transition. 

So I watched the NTC video a few times, worked on the moves in front of a mirror and went to the range this morning. Working on Cast A to 8:00 resulted in lots of hooks. Clean contact, but WAY left. I tried a few different things out and when I felt like I was casting to 6:00 all of a sudden by ballflight changed to a much straighter shot. It may be that what I felt was 8:00 was really 9 or 10? Without video, who knows?

I went to a different range at lunch and kept that feel of throwing to 6:00 and had great contact again. I also worked on not feeling that right hand bending back as much in the backswing, which I started doing after the Efficient Swing video worked out for me. Just getting my thumbs up to the sky and then casting worked well. 

Honestly, one of my main feels/thoughts that's always worked for me is the feel of my right palm smacking the ball. Some instructors think that's a no-no so I stop doing it after a bit, and my shots suffer as a result. Combing the Efficient Swing plus the NTC feels very natural (to me) as well as having very simple thoughts, which I like.

We'll see what happens when I try to bring it to the course, LOL!

On 8/24/2020 at 7:29 PM, dlow206 said:

As many of you may know, I am a big Monte Scheinblum fan. Unfortunately his Seattle summer clinic was canceled, so didn't get to go to that. However, he released a new video that is based on his famous No turn Cast drill. I just purchased it today. The backswing approach in this video simplifies things immensely in my mind. Usually if I can get into a good backswing position, i can make good things happen from there. Gotta give it a shot next time at the range.

https://video.rebelliongolf.com/programs/noturncast?cid=1178405

On 8/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, russtopherb said:

On 8/25/2020 at 6:18 PM, Kenny B said:

I also just purchased this video.  It's on special until for $18.99 through 9/20.  I have all of Monte's videos, and the price is right.  Lots of great info in them, and I refresh on certain ones now and then.  

My wife and I were supposed to go to Monte's course in SoCal in early April, but that has been postposed until...  who knows when!!

I've known Monte for a few years, he contacted me a few years back when he began doing the clinics about hosting his Maryland/DC one at my course.   He loves it here with our big practice facility.   He has been each year in October until this year.  It fills up each time.  This year he didn't book as many and didn't make it out here.   Hopefully he'll be back in 2021.   We should get a MGS group clinic with him together here 🙂

Two years ago, he nicely offered t work with me at the end of one day, and I wasn't able to stick around for it.  I sure wish I had put off whatever it was.   I have peaked in a few times on his clinics when he's here, and he does some really great stuff. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've known Monte for a few years, he contacted me a few years back when he began doing the clinics about hosting his Maryland/DC one at my course.   He loves it here with our big practice facility.   He has been each year in October until this year.  It fills up each time.  This year he didn't book as many and didn't make it out here.   Hopefully he'll be back in 2021.   We should get a MGS group clinic with him together here 🙂

Two years ago, he nicely offered t work with me at the end of one day, and I wasn't able to stick around for it.  I sure wish I had put off whatever it was.   I have peaked in a few times on his clinics when he's here, and he does some really great stuff. 

@cksurfdude and I were supposed to go to his clinic in Irvine, CA in April, but that got put off.  He contacted us that he could now do it in October, but that doesn't work for Chuck and I, so we suggested that we try for Mar-Apr in 2021.  We are first on his list.  

Got a note from him this week.  He said that he has been try to get MyGolfSpy to review one of his videos for awhile.  Maybe we need to do a clinic review like we did with Martin Chuck and Tour Striker a couple of years ago.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

@cksurfdude and I were supposed to go to his clinic in Irvine, CA in April, but that got put off.  He contacted us that he could now do it in October, but that doesn't work for Chuck and I, so we suggested that we try for Mar-Apr in 2021.  We are first on his list.  

Got a note from him this week.  He said that he has been try to get MyGolfSpy to review one of his videos for awhile.  Maybe we need to do a clinic review like we did with Martin Chuck and Tour Striker a couple of years ago.

You should tell him to join the forum here. I know he is on WRX a lot.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

You should tell him to join the forum here. I know he is on WRX a lot.

Yes, he has a lot of followers there.  I don't think many people here know much about him; I didn't until a couple of years ago and went to his clinic in Seattle last summer.  I'll pass it along.