Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putter recommendation

Kanoito

Thinking about moving on to a blade putter (started loving them after I borrowed my dad's old Cobra)

Now trying to figure if I should game a putter without, half or full offset? Is there a general rule for it?

I read that when you are right eye is dominant, you are better off with full offset. How true is this?

Also wondering if the Odyssey White Ice Dart plays like a blade or more like a mallet?

http://www.odysseygolf.com/global/en-us/products/putters/white-ice/white-ice-dart-blade-putter.html

Any feedback will be appreciated.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I recommend a seemore putter. I got me one two weeks ago and its the best thing I ever did in my game.Its a blade ,center shaft with no offset which was what I needed apparently because Im sinking everything.They also have mallets. It has a red dot that you hide with the shaft(rifle scope technology)that ensures your putter is square to your target. I recommend at least trying one ,see what you think. I've tried every type of putter and just couldnt use one with the plumbers neck(pulled everything right).Even had a few rear shaft mallets with so so results. Now Im the most confident as I have ever been putting. Whatever you get ,try to get fitted thats probably another reason my putting has improved. :rolleyes: Anyway thats my two cents Dave Ps the company is outstanding to work with I emailed them and told them how much I liked the putter and Jim Grundberg (one of the owners)emailed me back .Wanted to use my email on his testimonial page on their website and he sent me a hat.Thats pretty cool when the head dude takes the time for a duffer like me. And they advertise on Mgs so how can you go wrong?

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

• SPY VIP

Thinking about moving on to a blade putter (started loving them after I borrowed my dad's old Cobra)

Now trying to figure if I should game a putter without, half or full offset? Is there a general rule for it?

I read that when you are right eye is dominant, you are better off with full offset. How true is this?

Also wondering if the Odyssey White Ice Dart plays like a blade or more like a mallet?

http://www.odysseygo...ade-putter.html

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Lots of different theories. I've also heard that if you tend to pull or miss left, go less offset. Miss right, go more. Based on everything I've heard...if you have an i-something (pod, phone,) the PING putter app is a killer, and will make a recommendation based on your actual putting stroke. Of course, it will recommend a PING putter, but the style/design will translate to any brand.

I believe I'm more of straight back, straight through guy, and I've had my best results with a center shafted belly mallet.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have a the Odyssey White Steel 2-ball center-shafted putter and it's been good to me. I've been eyeing the Ping Scottsdale Pickemup and Ping 1/2 Wack-E putters and they feel pretty nice. Check the Ping putters out if you have a chance.

Driver:  Titleist 915D2 9.5* (Set at 10.25*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Fairway:  TaylorMade Aeroburner Black 16.5* HL w/ Matrix Rul-Z 
Hybrids:  Titleist 915H 18*(Set at 19.5*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Irons:  Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi (4 Iron) w/ Graphite Design Aura Blue
            Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (5-9) w/ True Temper XP 105
Wedges:  Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (PW 45*) w/ True Temper XP 105
                 Mizuno MP-R12 (50*, 54*, 58*) w/ DG Spinner
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Balls:  Callaway Chrome Soft / TaylorMade Project (a)
Bag:  OGIO Chamber
Shoes:  Nike TW '15

Unfortunately, don't have an i-something for that app, but I'm going to a pro shop today and try them out.

Krismond, I've used mallet putters for the past 2 years and am now looking for a blade.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Unfortunately, don't have an i-something for that app, but I'm going to a pro shop today and try them out.

Krismond, I've used mallet putters for the past 2 years and am now looking for a blade.

Oops! Sorry, I totally went off the subject. :)

Good luck on the search. Finding the right putter is a lot more difficult than finding the right driver, for me anyway. Let us know what you find at your pro shop.

Driver:  Titleist 915D2 9.5* (Set at 10.25*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Fairway:  TaylorMade Aeroburner Black 16.5* HL w/ Matrix Rul-Z 
Hybrids:  Titleist 915H 18*(Set at 19.5*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Irons:  Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi (4 Iron) w/ Graphite Design Aura Blue
            Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (5-9) w/ True Temper XP 105
Wedges:  Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (PW 45*) w/ True Temper XP 105
                 Mizuno MP-R12 (50*, 54*, 58*) w/ DG Spinner
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Balls:  Callaway Chrome Soft / TaylorMade Project (a)
Bag:  OGIO Chamber
Shoes:  Nike TW '15

Tried like 10 putters today...

Nike OZ 1, Method 001 and Method Core 3i

TaylorMade Ghost Series TM-110 and some EST 79

Odyssey White Hot XG #1

and a few Ping blade putters that I really didn't like

Place was packed, so didn't have time to test them the way I wanted to... but I think I'll go with the Odyssey White... the insert has the "click" I like in a putter... the others without insert were just too bouncy... hard to gauge distance for me...

More detailed "reviews"

Nike OZ 1 has a green face, but apparently it's no insert... it's just paint... so the feel was very harsh on the ball, it's an older model anyways, so not that easy to find.

Nike Method 001 was better, but I just couldn't justify paying 3 times more than the OZ 1. Supposed to be tour model, but I ain't a tour player, so what would I know? :D

Nike Everclear is a beautiful putter, especially the transparent face with the Nike logo. Tried 5 putts and all the balls went flying over the hole. The sound was also very loud compared to the other putters. I didn't like the alignment either... all those crossed over lines were pretty disturbing.

Nike Method Core 3i was the one I was looking forward to testing... but they didn't have it :(

Odyssey White Ice #1 instead of the White Hot XG #1. Honestly speaking, I couldn't see any difference except for the finish (White Ice darker than the Hot XG). The insert was just about right, so I got a pretty good deal on a demo club for $45 (I'll just buy a new grip and cover and all set!)

TaylorMade Daytona was OK... kind of a mix between the White Ice and the Everclear... didn't feel anything special

So I'll go try the Method Core 3i and hopefully it's the putter I'm looking for!

I love my Yes Emma. It has the shape and weight of a mallet, but plays like a blade. You'd really have to see it and try it to understand what I'm talking about. Look at the pics in the link below, you can see that it's more like a blade with an extended flange. Plus it's on $39.99. I have the center shafted model.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/yes-golf-mens-emma-steel-mallet-putter.html#

More detailed "reviews"

Nike OZ 1 has a green face, but apparently it's no insert... it's just paint... so the feel was very harsh on the ball, it's an older model anyways, so not that easy to find.

Nike Method 001 was better, but I just couldn't justify paying 3 times more than the OZ 1. Supposed to be tour model, but I ain't a tour player, so what would I know? :D

Nike Everclear is a beautiful putter, especially the transparent face with the Nike logo. Tried 5 putts and all the balls went flying over the hole. The sound was also very loud compared to the other putters. I didn't like the alignment either... all those crossed over lines were pretty disturbing.

Nike Method Core 3i was the one I was looking forward to testing... but they didn't have it :(

Odyssey White Ice #1 instead of the White Hot XG #1. Honestly speaking, I couldn't see any difference except for the finish (White Ice darker than the Hot XG). The insert was just about right, so I got a pretty good deal on a demo club for $45 (I'll just buy a new grip and cover and all set!)

TaylorMade Daytona was OK... kind of a mix between the White Ice and the Everclear... didn't feel anything special

So I'll go try the Method Core 3i and hopefully it's the putter I'm looking for!

pings new line is out soon and they even have a face balanced anser, i dont use blades but it sure makes me wana try

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• SPY VIP

You should check out the Carnahan Golf putters as well.

Great putters at a low enough price that experimenting with one won't be fiscally fatal.

They also have a face balanced blade that is nice (I own this one):

http://www.mortongolfsales.com/Carnahan-Golf-St-John-Insignia-Flatstick-Putters-p/carna_stjohn_isignia_putter.htm

My Yes! Emma came from Rock Bottom yesterday. Will run it around next week.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Just played 36 holes with my new putter Nike Method Core 3i :D (got a very good deal!)

And this one is staying in my bag.

Similar feel compared to the White Ice, but with a better sound and not as harsh as the original Nike Method (which is also twice as expensive).

I guess it's really hard to explain how a putter feels... but after 2 rounds I'm sure this is the one I'll be using.

:D Happy golfer!

• 1 month later...

what would the anser 5 translate to for the scotty cameron line?

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• SPY VIP

what would the anser 5 translate to for the scotty cameron line?

Longneck newport or newport 2

Unfortunately he has not made one for a while so you are looking at ebay

I have a Tel3 Newport longneck that I enjoy breaking out here and there.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Longneck newport or newport 2

Unfortunately he has not made one for a while so you are looking at ebay

I have a Tel3 Newport longneck that I enjoy breaking out here and there.

thanks Dave, ill go try them out thanks:)

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Got myself a Newport 2 Studio Select, and an extra weight kit jst to muck about

Adams Dhy 18*