Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Srixon Introduces the new Soft Feel and Lady Soft Feel Golf Balls

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Aug. 26, 2020 — SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball performance, announces the launch of the next generation of SOFT FEEL and SOFT FEEL LADY golf balls. Building upon Srixon’s continued success in the golf ball market – with more than 30% growth in market share year-to-date versus last year* – the new SOFT FEEL and SOFT FEEL LADY golf balls are now available in North America. 

“This is our 12th generation SOFT FEEL golf ball, putting us at the forefront of the low-compression distance ball category,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Srixon. “With this new model, we’re excited to give golfers our longest SOFT FEEL to date, in a ball that maintains the signature feel golfers expect from a SOFT FEEL.” 

The all-new SOFT FEEL features Srixon’s softest FastLayer Core. Yet this softer core is more resilient, snapping back into shape more quickly after impact for added ball speed, while dramatically reducing long game sidespin for increased accuracy. 

SOFT FEEL’s low compression design and soft, thin cover provides all-around performance with distance off the tee, and increased greenside spin that all players crave. With the 338 Speed Dimple Pattern, the new SOFT FEEL cuts through the wind for longer, straighter shots from tee to green. 

For the player that values feel most of all, the all-new SOFT FEEL from Srixon delivers on its namesake.

Soft Feel_Soft Feel Lady.jpg

Key Technologies:

• FastLayer Core: With a soft center that gradually transitions to a firm outer edge, the FastLayer Core gives Soft Feel incredible feel and great distance off the tee.
  • 338 Speed Dimple Pattern: Speed Dimples reduce drag at launch and increase lift during descent to deliver better overall distance, especially in windy conditions.
  • Soft Thin Cover: Provides that pure, soft feel that defines SOFT FEEL, while adding enhanced greenside spin on those tough pitches and chips. 

The Srixon SOFT FEEL, offered in Soft White and Tour Yellow, and SOFT FEEL LADY, offered in Soft White and Passion Pink, are now available in North America at a MAP of $21.99.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Srixon consistently makes some of the best 2 & 3 piece balls on the market. I'll have to give these a look. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 8/26/2020 at 11:31 AM, russtopherb said:

Srixon consistently makes some of the best 2 & 3 piece balls on the market. I'll have to give these a look. 

Agree about Srixon's golf balls.  I play either the Q Star Tour of the Z Star.  When I hear Tony on No Putts Given talk about how you cannot get a quality ball for $20 a dozen, I think about the fact that this is what I paid for the Z Stars in June with their BOGO sale.   

Edited by HAC
  • :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

25 minutes ago, HAC said:

Agree about Srixon's golf balls.  I play either the Q Star Tour of the Z Star.  When I hear Tony on No Putts Given talk about how you cannot get a quality ball for $20 a dozen, I think about the fact that this is what I paid for the Z Stars in June with their BOGO sale.   

I believe he is referring to regular retail price which is $40 for the ZStar.

The ZStar is my favorite urethane ball regardless of price and the fact that you can find them for considerably less than the flagship urethane models from the other big OEMs is a bonus (I have paid as little as $7 per dozen for new prior gen ZStars).

IMHO, the Soft Feel is a typical low compression 2-piece ionomer covered ball which are mediocre by the nature of its construction and the QStar is overpriced for a it’s category (highest priced 2-piece ball on the market that doesn’t have a Titleist stamp). 

Edited by storm319

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

1 hour ago, storm319 said:

I believe he is referring to regular retail price which is $40 for the ZStar.

The ZStar is my favorite urethane ball regardless of price and the fact that you can find them for considerably less than the flagship urethane models from the other big OEMs is a bonus (I have paid as little as $7 per dozen for new prior gen ZStars).

IMHO, the Soft Feel is a typical low compression 2-piece ionomer covered ball which are mediocre by the nature of its construction and the QStar is overpriced for a it’s category (highest priced 2-piece ball on the market that doesn’t have a Titleist stamp). 

But, the retail price is not relevant.  What is relevant is what I have to pay for the ball.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

And that’s the great thing about opinions - you’re welcome to yours, and I’m welcome to mine. And mine is that in my experience, the Soft Feel is one of the better performing 2 piece balls out there along with the Duo. You may find them “mediocre” as someone who plays urethane and spins the ball. As a higher handicapper who’s not a fast swinger, I find 90+ compression balls “mediocre” because they simply don’t perform well for me and I loathe losing $4 balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played ZStar and ZStar sl a few years back. I have been playing Callaway Super Soft since then. But I think I would like to try this new ball and perhaps get a sleeve from me and a sleeve from my wife to see how they play. I really like the Srixon balls I used to play. It seems they are one of the players in the golf ball market now.

I find it interesting how they claim that a softer core gives you MORE distance.  It would seem that the MGS ball test proved that to be incorrect.  I love Srixon but I wish they would stop trying to make false claims just to sell us softer golf balls.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

20 hours ago, Letthebigdogshunt said:

I thought that MGS later indicated that slower swing speeds (80 mph of slower) can in fact get more distance out of lower compression/softer balls. 

Link? Their findings from last year’s study based on testing at 85 and 115 mph found that ball speed efficiency was fairly linear regardless of club head speed. 

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

Somewhere on this site, but not sure since it was some time ago. They test 85 and over not under. I guess they then tested or found that 80 and under does make a difference. I know I am in that group and firmer balls or higher compression balls do not go as far as low compression balls. My swing speed is somewhere around my age 78. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, NC Golfer said:

Any more feedback on these? I love version 11.

The feedback is that there are no version 12 balls in town... anywhere!!  I hate ordering just one dozen, but I want to give them a try before I buy a winter's supply.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, NC Golfer said:

I've seen them in Dicks this week. Waiting for Black Friday sales to pick them up.

Not available in our store.  Maybe they will be in stock for Black Friday.  Hope!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not available in our store.  Maybe they will be in stock for Black Friday.  Hope!

Saw a stack of them yesterday in Golf Central. Almost bought a box......
Will pick up a box this weekend. Need to see if the G710 irons like them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I was just gifted a dozen of these... it's supposed to be mid-60's this weekend so not exactly a true test of how they'll do in colder weather, but I plan on giving them a spin.