Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

PING G 410 sft driver reviews?

Letthebigdogshunt

I have been looking at this driver since it came out. While I hit the ball fairly straight I would like to be able to hit a drive down the right side and bring it back to the middle. I have the PING Gsft in my bag now, but it only goes straight with no or very bit of draw. Has anyone here played this driver since it came out and if so could you give me info on it. I am not a big hitter and am 78 years old so I am hoping that the draw may also give me a little more distance. Thanks for any advice. In order to get fitted I would have to drive three hours and with the way things are right now that is not in the cards. 

I have been looking at this driver since it came out. While I hit the ball fairly straight I would like to be able to hit a drive down the right side and bring it back to the middle. I have the PING Gsft in my bag now, but it only goes straight with no or very bit of draw. Has anyone here played this driver since it came out and if so could you give me info on it. I am not a big hitter and am 78 years old so I am hoping that the draw may also give me a little more distance. Thanks for any advice. In order to get fitted I would have to drive three hours and with the way things are right now that is not in the cards. 

I was part of the 410 Official Test last year. Based on the Ping online fitting tool they recommended the SFT with a Senior shaft. Note my swing speed at the time was around 76 and path was a slice and occasional fade. My previous driver was a G20. And by the way I'm 73.

Shortly after I got the driver I was able to get into a fitter. He switched out the Senior flex shaft to an Alta CB 65 Regular flex cut down 1/2"

I've played this driver for about 15 months and probably 150+ rounds. I absolutely love this driver, especially since my path is now a straight/draw. Since I got the driver, I've have 2 - 410 hybrids that I got through a different fitter. Both have Tensi shafts and have worked out great. If I had a do over at my original fitting I would have asked to try out the Tensi along with the Alta shafts.

The driver has held up well and has become my favorite and most consistent club. FYI my swing speed is now in the 80's but that more a function of SuperSpeed and workout programs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thank you so much for this nice review. It has helped me to understand a little about this driver.

I think I am right in my wanting this one. I have had two PING drivers and they have been the most forgiving drivers I have ever played. 

Edited by Letthebigdogshunt

On 8/26/2020 at 7:17 PM, Letthebigdogshunt said:

From what I have seen at my club with people around your age (I am 65), if you want more distance get a XXIO.  I have recently seen someone in this early 80s get 10-20 years more (from about 170 to about 190) with a XXIO.

Edited by HAC
  • :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

The shaft could make all the difference in how well (or not) you hit the driver and get the ball flight you want.  With the ease you can swap shafts now it makes it very easy to experiment on your own since you can't get to a fitter.  You'll just have a couple shafts when you are done to unload online!  (or unload them to your buddies)  😀

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Thank you so much for this nice review. It has helped me to understand a little about this driver.
I think I am right in my wanting this one. I have had two PING drivers and they have been the most forgiving drivers I have ever played. 

What Tony said is decent advice.
I’ve got the G410 plus w Senior shaft and looking at possibly doing same thing Tony’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, HAC said:

From what I have seen at my club with people around your age (I am 65), if you want more distance get a XXIO.  I have recently seen someone in this early 80s get 10-20 years more (from about 170 to about 190) with a XXIO.

I tried the XXIO when I went to my fitter a couple of months ago for an iron fitting, I did try a few drivers just to check back on my 410 and XXIO didn't work for me - but then neither did the speedzone driver along with Mavrik, and others. Fitter recommended staying with what I had.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

43 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I tried the XXIO when I went to my fitter a couple of months ago for an iron fitting, I did try a few drivers just to check back on my 410 and XXIO didn't work for me - but then neither did the speedzone driver along with Mavrik, and others. Fitter recommended staying with what I had.  

It does not work for everyone, including me.  I tried one recently at the driving range at my club.  I did hit it further than my Ping G when I hit it perfectly, but was very inconsistent with it.  But, a number of people I know (including my wife) love the clubs.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x