Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Patriot Clubs Anyone?

fozcycle

Hopeful that I did not get scammed!!! Iron set with graphite shafts + free wedges

are due in about a week. Are these really like the Taylormades mentioned in a 

previous post???  We shall see as I play 3 times a week.

Hank

I use Hole19 for tracking my scores and started to get the B2 emails in January. In early April, I decided to bite. Called Patriot Golf and was offered a free driver if I tested their 3,4 & 5 hybrids. Just pay $150 each. Um...what? The sales rep pleasantly explained the cost protects the company and ensures participation. Not to mention helps support the company staffed by veterans. If I wasn’t satisfied, I could return the clubs for a full refund and keep the driver. I decided to go ahead. $479 and 3 weeks later the clubs showed up.

Time to test! 4th swing with the 10.5 degree B2 Bomber driver...caved the face in. To their credit, it was easy to hit until then. I don’t have the fastest swing speed 105-110mph, so I was surprised when I looked at the club face and found a ball shaped dent. Oh well, it was free right?

The hybrids all performed decently. Easy to hit straight, comparable distances to other hybrids I have hit. But nothing that made me feel like $479 was well spent. The club heads look and feel like late 1990’s tech. Heavier than you would expect and just not pretty. But performance was better than I expected.

Time to call for refund! Talked with a nice fella named Dylan who made me several offers to keep the clubs. Send me a free set of irons and they keep the $479. No thanks. Refund me $225 and I keep the hybrids. No thanks. Refund me $300 and I keep the hybrids. So I took that deal and now have 3 hybrids I might use at some point. And a driver with a dented club face. All for the low price of $179. Not the best deal I have ever made. Would I do it over again knowing what I know now? Nope. Lesson learned.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:50 PM, averagehack said:

I use Hole19 for tracking my scores and started to get the B2 emails in January. In early April, I decided to bite. Called Patriot Golf and was offered a free driver if I tested their 3,4 & 5 hybrids. Just pay $150 each. Um...what? The sales rep pleasantly explained the cost protects the company and ensures participation. Not to mention helps support the company staffed by veterans. If I wasn’t satisfied, I could return the clubs for a full refund and keep the driver. I decided to go ahead. $479 and 3 weeks later the clubs showed up.

Time to test! 4th swing with the 10.5 degree B2 Bomber driver...caved the face in. To their credit, it was easy to hit until then. I don’t have the fastest swing speed 105-110mph, so I was surprised when I looked at the club face and found a ball shaped dent. Oh well, it was free right?

The hybrids all performed decently. Easy to hit straight, comparable distances to other hybrids I have hit. But nothing that made me feel like $479 was well spent. The club heads look and feel like late 1990’s tech. Heavier than you would expect and just not pretty. But performance was better than I expected.

Time to call for refund! Talked with a nice fella named Dylan who made me several offers to keep the clubs. Send me a free set of irons and they keep the $479. No thanks. Refund me $225 and I keep the hybrids. No thanks. Refund me $300 and I keep the hybrids. So I took that deal and now have 3 hybrids I might use at some point. And a driver with a dented club face. All for the low price of $179. Not the best deal I have ever made. Would I do it over again knowing what I know now? Nope. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the report. Did you ask them to replace the driver that failed? Even though it's crap, you could pass it on to a beginner. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, dnett said:

Thanks for the report. Did you ask them to replace the driver that failed? Even though it's crap, you could pass it on to a beginner. 

They would not replace the driver as it was a free promotional item and therefore not covered by their warranty. Oh well.

18 minutes ago, averagehack said:

They would not replace the driver as it was a free promotional item and therefore not covered by their warranty. Oh well.

WTH?

Any legit company would automatically replace the driver.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

I ordered their Fathers Day package for $32 S&H…….

I selected the mystery fairway wood and got the Taylormade Rocketballz 2 design #7 wood, a cap that is black(can’t wear black hats in Florida), a hat clip with a ball marker(magnet is so weak it will fall off tHe clip) a sleeve of Cut Red balls(not bad).

That said, the fairway wood is decent. I pulled my 5W and inserted the 7W.  Gets the ball up quickly and gets me 160-170 yards.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 9:55 AM, rdryan33 said:

Any updates on how these play?

I’m sorry I have been not been looking at this for a long time. I have had these clubs for 8 months playing multiple times a week. I have put something like 70 rounds on these clubs, plus lots of range time. They are still performing great! The “L” (60 degree) wedge is my favorite wedge I pretty much use it for everything 100 yards in. I highly recommend them, you can not get a wedge set for $99. And you can not get a full 4-sw set for $399. The whole point of these is to create value for the price and I definitely would say they were worth it. 

I have had a really positive experience with Patriot Golf, I have bought 3 sets of irons. I have the weighted and unweighted ones. I like the weighted ones better. I bought a set of the weighted ones for my friend and he really likes them too. 

To again address someone saying they could find the same clubs on a random website for like $20. Heater is a brand that makes clubs for multiple places. It might look the same at a glance but they are not the same. 

Edited by DJSwav

• 1 month later...

I tried these last year with the fairway wood deal and the 3 wedge deal, not the greatest in customer service and looks wise they are below average.

Had the wedges on my net and was blown away at how easily the face finish marked but also blown away by how easy to find the middle (extra stiff Apollo shafts).

Fairways not so much and decided to return (got to keep wedges) and couldn't get then to accept the return, tried to offer all sorts and eventually they offered me their irons and if I returned the fairway woods they would replace with the newer design.

Irons showed up, I had asked extra stiff and got graphite regular, tried to ask what happened and no response.

After months of bugging I finally got an order email regarding the fairway woods so will see if they show.

• 4 months later...

I'm posting here because 1) I wish I would haven listened to all the online reviews and 2) Patriot Golf deleted my review on their website.

I just took my B2 driver for a spin at the range yesterday. 20 balls deep and the weight fells into the clubhead. It's useless now. All it took was 20 balls. Don't waste your money or time. 

I am very hesitant to sign up for any product that is absolutely free.  There has to be a hitch or the product is not what they claim.  I stick with name brand products that have been proven thru R&D.  As the saying goies, free ain't what it's cracked up to be......just sayin'.....🙄

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

8 hours ago, Protrev83 said:

I'm posting here because 1) I wish I would haven listened to all the online reviews and 2) Patriot Golf deleted my review on their website.

I just took my B2 driver for a spin at the range yesterday. 20 balls deep and the weight fells into the clubhead. It's useless now. All it took was 20 balls. Don't waste your money or time. 

My FIL used to get their clubs when they were Warrior.  I still have a couple of their wedges.  Was good for a beginner, don't think I would use them now.  Sad to hear they've gone so downhill though

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

I started receiving the same emails about 2 years ago from Patriot Golf. Finally decided to take advantage of a deal for trying out the 3 and 5 wood I would receive a set of 3 wedges for free. They customized the 3 and 5 wood to my game over the phone. Really liked the both of them after using them for several rounds and a lengthy range session. The 3 wood hit  similar to my Titleist TS2 3 wood. The 5 wood did better than my older version Titleist fairway wood.  I ended up keeping both the 3 and 5 wood. Currently have the the 5 wood in my bag now. My son uses the 3 wood and wedges. I have also ordered a hybrid from Patriot golf but don't use it much. I just recently ordered a driving iron and some other accessories as a package deal, so looking forward to using the driving iron. So over all Patriot Golf is legit and has good products. It just depends on what your looking for. 

Golfnut

• 11 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 6:54 AM, egoldy said:

Funny to read the reviews and comments here.

I have tried and even purchased a club or two from Warrior Golf in the past.   

I got a recent message from Hole 19 about these Patriot Golf clubs which seems like a Warrior Club knock off (if there's such a thing).

I tried calling - couldn't get through to anyone - and 3 days later, someone called me back.

Similar type deal - try out their Irons (P-4w) or you can try out their fairway woods (3,5,7) and you get a "Free gift".   Free gift options are either their driver, 3 wedges (52,56,60) or a putter.

I like my driver, so that wasn't an option.  I am actually using my Warrior wedges - and lost my 56 degree, so I thought I'd give this a go.   

The strange thing is that they had NO pictures to look at about what the clubs look like.  You can go to PatriotGolf.com which is a site in the midst of being built - old images of their driver, nothing of the putter, driver, woods, irons, etc.  I was told that the irons "are like the Calloway Irons", but they couldn't tell me WHICH model of irons.

The offer was that I pony up $499 (if I keep the irons) plus $40 for shipping and I should have the clubs to try and the wedges in a week or so.  If I wanted to try the putter, it would have been another $99 (he actually offered me another $50 off of it later), but I passed on the putter because it was a mallet putter which isn't my favorite look - so I passed on it.

I decided to gamble with basically $60 to check this out.   Worst case, I assume I get 3 wedges I can use.   I have good irons, but was curious about trying some new ones and they have a "45 day policy" to try it so whatever.

I found the comments about the "grip it and rip it" in this thread funny as the sales guy (nice enough dude, although I'm not sure how honest he was as he said he had the Patriot Putter, but couldn't seem to describe it very well) kept using that phrase.

I'll be curious what others think of these clubs.  For $500, I could get some actual Calloway irons that would have some eventual trade-in resale value.   Even if the Patriot Golf/WArrior clubs are good - they have ZERO value on the street.  If you like them, awesome, but they're typically throw away clubs.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:17 PM, sirchunksalot said:

That's what I was thinking. 

I got a recent message from Hole 19 about these Patriot Golf clubs which seems like a Warrior Club knock off (if there's such a thing).

I tried calling - couldn't get through to anyone - and 3 days later, someone called me back.

Similar type deal - try out their Irons (P-4w) or you can try out their fairway woods (3,5,7) and you get a "Free gift".   Free gift options are either their driver, 3 wedges (52,56,60) or a putter.

I like my driver, so that wasn't an option.  I am actually using my Warrior wedges - and lost my 56 degree, so I thought I'd give this a go.   

The strange thing is that they had NO pictures to look at about what the clubs look like.  You can go to PatriotGolf.com which is a site in the midst of being built - old images of their driver, nothing of the putter, driver, woods, irons, etc.  I was told that the irons "are like the Calloway Irons", but they couldn't tell me WHICH model of irons.

The offer was that I pony up $499 (if I keep the irons) plus $40 for shipping and I should have the clubs to try and the wedges in a week or so.  If I wanted to try the putter, it would have been another $99 (he actually offered me another $50 off of it later), but I passed on the putter because it was a mallet putter which isn't my favorite look - so I passed on it.

I decided to gamble with basically $60 to check this out.   Worst case, I assume I get 3 wedges I can use.   I have good irons, but was curious about trying some new ones and they have a "45 day policy" to try it so whatever.

I found the comments about the "grip it and rip it" in this thread funny as the sales guy (nice enough dude, although I'm not sure how honest he was as he said he had the Patriot Putter, but couldn't seem to describe it very well) kept using that phrase.

I'll be curious what others think of these clubs.  For $500, I could get some actual Calloway irons that would have some eventual trade-in resale value.   Even if the Patriot Golf/WArrior clubs are good - they have ZERO value on the street.  If you like them, awesome, but they're typically throw away clubs.

I made the mistake of biting on the ad, ordered in Aug 22, got them in Oct. 22, junk, I went thru the return process, and verified they were returned.  To make a long story short, I've contacted them at least 10 times for refund, but always have a new excuse,  I haven't given up yet, next is a complaint to CA atty. general.

I made the mistake of biting on the ad, ordered in Aug 22, got them in Oct. 22, junk, I went thru the return process, and verified they were returned.  To make a long story short, I've contacted them at least 10 times for refund, but always have a new excuse,  I haven't given up yet, next is a complaint to CA atty. general.