Jump to content

My goal for the summer has been reached!!


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Where I play is very narrow with huge oaks. The fairways are barely 40 yards wide, so not much room with the overhanging branches. Accuracy off the tee is a premium down here... Few white stakes, just narrow. For an Amateur, trying to hit a 20 yard wide swath is difficult, heck, even Pros struggle when the US Open is cut at 20. 
I very rarely three-putt, so I’m not losing strokes due to that. Accuracy off the tee for me and where I play is the most important. 

But knowing that Pro's struggle with doing it doesn't it make it a futile attempt?

Do you track recovery tee shots? Rough vs Fw is negligible but a recovery after tee shot can be detrimental. 

  • Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PMookie said:

Where I play is very narrow with huge oaks. The fairways are barely 40 yards wide, so not much room with the overhanging branches. Accuracy off the tee is a premium down here... Few white stakes, just narrow. For an Amateur, trying to hit a 20 yard wide swath is difficult, heck, even Pros struggle when the US Open is cut at 20. 
I very rarely three-putt, so I’m not losing strokes due to that. Accuracy off the tee for me and where I play is the most important. 

Interesting that all fairways are that narrow.  When looking at most strategy systems,  the look for 60 yards as the narrowest width for driver.  

  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Interesting that all fairways are that narrow.  When looking at most strategy systems,  the look for 60 yards as the narrowest width for driver.  

I only play one course, so not that unusual.... For 4 full years our Pro even had the fairway cut at 21 yards wide. 3 inch Bermuda rough. He got mad when I told him that the tournaments he played-in were easy because those fairways were three times as wide as what we Ams played at our course.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

But knowing that Pro's struggle with doing it doesn't it make it a futile attempt?

Do you track recovery tee shots? Rough vs Fw is negligible but a recovery after tee shot can be detrimental. 

Dude. You know all I track are my scores, GIR, FIR, and putts!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t have Decade and Arccos.... 🤣🤭🤫🤫🤫🤫

  • Haha 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...