2020 Official Member Review: Kanibi CBD Products

Our Sponsors

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kanibi seems as interested in the results of this forum review as I am! I've already received the product and they surprised all of us testers with variety packs so we'll each get to test the oil tinc

So here are the results of my 2 rounds today:   I dominated the first round! PB score of +10 over par (it is a par 74). I took the oil about an hour prior to the round. I noticed that

Kanibi CBD Products – Official MGS Forum Review by @golfish! Intro I am a 36 year old Marine veteran at 5'8" and 183lbs living in Southern California. My latest WHS HDCP is 15. I strug

Posted Images

It's interesting that they sent you guys full-spectrum CBD and that, seemingly, more of you leaned towards the tincture being the most impactful. I kinda stayed away from posting my thoughts in this thread because you can find them in the other, much older, threads about pain management and CBD. Before I continue, just know that I am pro-cbd/mmj:

I didn't want to "muddy" the waters with my personal beliefs until this test was finished, just so that there was absolutely no way that I could create a bias -- not claiming to be some type of influencer, but who knows what kind of placebo effect any of our comments can cause.

Couple of questions for you folks:

1. Full-spectrum CBD is said to have trace amounts of THC in it because it isn't as filtered. Was any of that communicated to you? Not trying to stir the pot, I'm just generally curious if it's true that full-spectrum CBD can contain trace amounts of THC.
    1. (1a). Do you think this is why most of you felt like the tincture did more than the other products (gummies)? THC interacts with different parts of the endocannabinoid system (receptors) than CBD so I'm wondering if that's why it seemed like you all reacted more positively towards the tincture.
  2. Did any of you try to half-chew the gummies and leave them under your tongue to better-absorb the CBD that way? Not sure if that was communicated to you either, but it's something that I've been told to do with my gummies, and I'm just kinda trying to see if that's all BS.
  3. I noticed that a section of the review asked you to evaluate the effectiveness on pain relief. Do any of you suffer from any type of frequent/chronic inflammatory pain, and has it worked well enough for you to stop using something like Advil? Asking because for me, it did, and I guess I want validation that it's not just a placebo effect, haha. I used to get bad knots in my shoulder/kneck prior to CBD gummies, and as I've said before, it has been great on my stomach where Advil used to upset it regularly.
  • Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

1. Full-spectrum CBD is said to have trace amounts of THC in it because it isn't as filtered. Was any of that communicated to you? Not trying to stir the pot, I'm just generally curious if it's true that full-spectrum CBD can contain trace amounts of THC.
    1. (1a). Do you think this is why most of you felt like the tincture did more than the other products (gummies)? THC interacts with different parts of the endocannabinoid system (receptors) than CBD so I'm wondering if that's why it seemed like you all reacted more positively towards the tincture.
  2. Did any of you try to half-chew the gummies and leave them under your tongue to better-absorb the CBD that way? Not sure if that was communicated to you either, but it's something that I've been told to do with my gummies, and I'm just kinda trying to see if that's all BS.
  3. I noticed that a section of the review asked you to evaluate the effectiveness on pain relief. Do any of you suffer from any type of frequent/chronic inflammatory pain, and has it worked well enough for you to stop using something like Advil? Asking because for me, it did, and I guess I want validation that it's not just a placebo effect, haha. I used to get bad knots in my shoulder/kneck prior to CBD gummies, and as I've said before, it has been great on my stomach where Advil used to upset it regularly.

1 - I did a considerable amount of reading going into this test because I didn't know much about CBD myself, but was willing to give it a try. While CBD is not "approved" by the FDA to treat anything, current laws do require CBD products contain no more than 0.3% THC.

From Kanibi (https://kanibi.com/blogs/all/how-does-cbd-make-you-feel😞

WILL CBD MAKE ME HIGH?
To answer the most pressing question right off the bat: no, Kanibi CBD products will not make you high. Yes, hemp is a form of cannabis, but it isn’t marijuana and it won’t make you high. 

Hemp, by law, must contain less than 0.3%THC, the psychoactive compound in cannabis. At Kanibi, we follow stringent testing practices to ensure that our products are well within legal limits.

Basically, you have a better chance of getting a buzz from a cup of coffee.

1a - I think the effects of the tincture are generally stronger for two reasons: 1) It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream via the blood vessels under the tongue and in your cheeks. 2) The concentration amount is higher than with the gummies - Kanibi states this clearly on their website.

2 - Never tried it. Never even thought to try it, and I'm honestly not sure how well it would work because the overall composition of the product is different. I'd assume that you'd have to leave it under your tongue for quite some time, and even still you'd need to pop another to get close to the same dosage as the tincture.

3 - I've personally experienced some relief with the sports cream, but as stated in my review, I believe there are other factors involved. For deeper, prolonged issues, it could help, but I wouldn't make any promises. Also, I wouldn't tout CBD as a miracle cure for anything, but I do believe it can help to varying extent in certain situations.

All that said, I gave Kanibi a pretty positive review because it's easy to use, tastes surprisingly good (at least in the Lemon-Lime flavor I received) and did seem to provide some benefits such as reducing anxiety on the course. In a game where mere inches can make all the difference, I'll take help wherever I can get it.

• Like 3

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet 2 35"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Full-spectrum CBD is said to have trace amounts of THC in it because it isn't as filtered. Was any of that communicated to you? Not trying to stir the pot, I'm just generally curious if it's true that full-spectrum CBD can contain trace amounts of THC.

I have to agree with what @TR1PTIK said about absorption into bloodstream direct over the other methods and the higher concentation. After the test I bought from a different company but at 2x the concentration but I am not sure if the effect is 2x. Also the Kanibi website has info about the trace amounts of THC though as mentioned it will not get you high. There is a disclaimer that it can show up on drug tests so it is recommended that if you are subject to testing to use the isolate. 

2.Did any of you try to half-chew the gummies and leave them under your tongue to better-absorb the CBD that way? Not sure if that was communicated to you either, but it's something that I've been told to do with my gummies, and I'm just kinda trying to see if that's all BS.

Did not try that method for the gummies so I don't have an answer for you.

3. I noticed that a section of the review asked you to evaluate the effectiveness on pain relief. Do any of you suffer from any type of frequent/chronic inflammatory pain, and has it worked well enough for you to stop using something like Advil? Asking because for me, it did, and I guess I want validation that it's not just a placebo effect, haha. I used to get bad knots in my shoulder/kneck prior to CBD gummies, and as I've said before, it has been great on my stomach where Advil used to upset it regularly.

3. I suffer from chronic back and knee pain due to my time in the military and from a snowboarding accident a long time ago. I notice during the test and even today that the pain creeps in when I stop using the tincture. I put it on my official review that I believe you have to treat CBD as any other OTC pain relief. Use it so you can function day to day but don't rely on it to make your root cause go away. Treat the root cause of the pain as much as possible while you use this to relieve pain to do so. I wasn't popping NSAIDs like candy or anything but I would take one before and after rounds on especially sore days. With the CBD I have not had to take any OTC pain meds since.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

5 hours ago, golfish! said:

Full-spectrum CBD is said to have trace amounts of THC in it because it isn't as filtered. Was any of that communicated to you? Not trying to stir the pot, I'm just generally curious if it's true that full-spectrum CBD can contain trace amounts of THC.

I have to agree with what @TR1PTIK said about absorption into bloodstream direct over the other methods and the higher concentation. After the test I bought from a different company but at 2x the concentration but I am not sure if the effect is 2x. Also the Kanibi website has info about the trace amounts of THC though as mentioned it will not get you high. There is a disclaimer that it can show up on drug tests so it is recommended that if you are subject to testing to use the isolate. 

2.Did any of you try to half-chew the gummies and leave them under your tongue to better-absorb the CBD that way? Not sure if that was communicated to you either, but it's something that I've been told to do with my gummies, and I'm just kinda trying to see if that's all BS.

Did not try that method for the gummies so I don't have an answer for you.

3. I noticed that a section of the review asked you to evaluate the effectiveness on pain relief. Do any of you suffer from any type of frequent/chronic inflammatory pain, and has it worked well enough for you to stop using something like Advil? Asking because for me, it did, and I guess I want validation that it's not just a placebo effect, haha. I used to get bad knots in my shoulder/kneck prior to CBD gummies, and as I've said before, it has been great on my stomach where Advil used to upset it regularly.

3. I suffer from chronic back and knee pain due to my time in the military and from a snowboarding accident a long time ago. I notice during the test and even today that the pain creeps in when I stop using the tincture. I put it on my official review that I believe you have to treat CBD as any other OTC pain relief. Use it so you can function day to day but don't rely on it to make your root cause go away. Treat the root cause of the pain as much as possible while you use this to relieve pain to do so. I wasn't popping NSAIDs like candy or anything but I would take one before and after rounds on especially sore days. With the CBD I have not had to take any OTC pain meds since.

I love that you're also not taking OTC pain meds since trying CBD, I've had similar experience with my neck/shoulder pain, I just wish it worked for headaches!

• Like 2

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

17 hours ago, yungkory said:

I just wish it worked for headaches!

This is what I was hoping for more than anything. While I do experience pain in my joints and muscles from time-to-time, I get headaches WAY more often!

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet 2 35"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

This is what I was hoping for more than anything. While I do experience pain in my joints and muscles from time-to-time, I get headaches WAY more often!

Same. Once Hawaii finally catches up and legalizes recreational cannabis I will try it. I've never consumed MJ for medicinal purposes before (lol) but now that I'm older and 1% more mature than I was in college, I'm considering it. I just don't want the liver/kidney issues associated with prolonged use of ibuprofen and Tylenol.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 3:59 AM, yungkory said:

It's interesting that they sent you guys full-spectrum CBD and that, seemingly, more of you leaned towards the tincture being the most impactful. I kinda stayed away from posting my thoughts in this thread because you can find them in the other, much older, threads about pain management and CBD. Before I continue, just know that I am pro-cbd/mmj:

I didn't want to "muddy" the waters with my personal beliefs until this test was finished, just so that there was absolutely no way that I could create a bias -- not claiming to be some type of influencer, but who knows what kind of placebo effect any of our comments can cause.

1. it wasn't directly communicated no, but I did a lot of sifting through the website looking for information about the product and saw that it does include a trace amount.

1a. I think it was because it was a direct route sublingually, and liquid. While the gummies have to be absorbed through the GI, I would think the gastric acid would deplete some of the medicinal affects of it.

2. I didn't try that but I have a few left and will do that to see what happens.

3. I have chronic hand/finger pain r/t grappling for over 10 years and my hands didn't hurt *as much* as normal. I wasn't taking aleeve when I was taking the CBD, so I would assume the Kanibi was helping.

• Like 2

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

On 11/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, yungkory said:

I love that you're also not taking OTC pain meds since trying CBD, I've had similar experience with my neck/shoulder pain, I just wish it worked for headaches!

Yep. I just helped my friend who is a bit older than I ( actually much older but he refuses to admit lol) but he is a much better golfer (single digit hdcp around 2-3) order some CBD oil to try. I told him about my experience with my chronic back pain and he wanted to try. He keeps hurting his back and not being able to play for weeks. I will update on his experience.

• Like 4

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had multiple knee surgeries and have bone on bone contact in 3 places.  I wake up each morning with a pain level of 8.5 out of 10.  I use CBD MD products and have for 2 years.  They have a roll on product called cbdMD freeze 1500

It has 1500mg of cbd with Lidocaine.  This product reduces my swelling and reduces my pain to about a 2 which is very manageable. 

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Accra Tour Z TZ6 55 M3 pure 

Fairways: Callaway Mavrick 15*  19*  Accra FX 2.0-100F M3 pure  

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrick 4 Hybrid Accra FX 2.0-100H60 M3 pure  

PXG Gen 3 0311 P 5-Gap  Fujikura Pro 75 REG pure

Callaway Jaws 54/10 F and 58/10 X grind raw  

utter: Scotty Camron Special Select Fastback 1.5  Stock pistol grip 34" w/Stablity shaft

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis USA Ball

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

Friend of mine who is a great golfer ( single digit HDCP ) has been having lots of lower back pain recently so I suggested some CBD oil to him. Will be interesting to see what his experience is. Will update here with his experiences.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

• 2 weeks later...

CBD oil is often used to ease the suffering when you have back pains, indeed. Let us know how your friend is doing. I don't have enough information about what is the source of the pain, but I hope that it can be fixed, because back pains are extremely unpleasant, to say the least. I have never heard about the kanibi products before, because the reality is that there are so many of these companies and products available these days on the market, that one might get confused what to buy and from who. I get kratom near me, and I use kratom just for fun in the weekends, with my friends, while playing poker. I wonder if kanibi produces kratom too.

Edited by Schwepp
  • 3 weeks later...

Tester Update:

I just wanted to update everyone on where I am currently with the Kanibi products.

I still continue to use the tincture on a daily basis! I have never felt the want or need to go to a full dosage in fact I have gone from 75 to 50 on my morning intake. occasionally I'll take another 50 in the early evenings if my stress seems high for the day. I have gone back to the lemon lime flavor from skittles just didn't care for the skittles flavor. 

As for the chewable or gummies I ran out of my initial bottle and never purchased another. When I did have some I would use it in the evenings instead of another dosage of tincture. It wasn't a bad product just feel like i get more out of the tincture. 

The cream has been used a little more lately as the off season and colder temps have set in. I started working out again and use it for soreness. I also have some past injuries that tend to ache in the cold and rainy season the cream has worked well for taking care of any discomfort usually in 15-30mins max. 

Same here. I still use a tincture (though from Lazarus Naturals as they give me an unbeatable military discount) for pain management and before rounds. I stopped the gummies after I ran out as I did not see much benefit from those. I have the cream and use it when I get joint pain that makes it hard to walk. 

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1