TESTERS WANTED! ×

Can a comment mess you up?

Buffly

Has someone ever made a comment that just got under your skin and ruined your round?

What did they say or do?

Were you able to get back on track? What helped reground you?

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Nothing gets under my skin that would affect my play, but it can be annoying when I play with someone who consistently calls others “lucky” when it’s not called for. If you scull an approach and it rolls up close to the pin, or hit a tree and get a good bounce, OK that’s lucky. We laugh when that happens, part of golf. But if you burn the cup/leave tap ins within inches on other holes, and sink one or two long breaking putts in a round, or chip in occasionally - that's not luck IMO, that’s normal probability in golf. If you hit a lot of good shots, some will drop. 

I play regularly with 60+ guys in league and only 2 actually say they resent when others have legit “luck” and shots go their way. Most of us are genuinely happy to see others play well, and never bemoan others “luck” deserved or not. I had a round a couple weeks ago where I had my share of good and bad luck and M said ‘you sure are lucky’ after I made a breaking 20 footer and even out of the blue complained coming down hole 17 ‘I wish I was lucky...’ 

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I play with a guy pretty regularly that comments on every shot good or bad. Doesn’t affect me and I’ve never played with a random person that made any comments that I would even come close to getting under my skin

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

38 minutes ago, Buffly said:

Has someone ever made a comment that just got under your skin and ruined your round?

What did they say or do?

I play with a group of guys who're always needling one another, and none of it has ever bothered me.  The only comments that have ever irritated me are "encouraging" comments about horrible shots.  "Wow, you killed that one, great shot"  as the ball heads towards the middle of a pond.  But I get over that irritation just as quickly as I get over my own disappointment over my own shots.  Its all in fun.  Besides, irritation at anything isn't productive, it has never helped me to hit the next shot good.  All I can do is to concentrate on the present, on the shot I need to hit right now.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I try not to get worked up, however when I get pissed with my self, I hit the next shot really well.
Maybe I should play like Bruce Banner.
tenor.gif?itemid=11562523

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I play with the same group every week and we chuck s*** at each other the entire time. Its funny when your playing terrible or playing good because it's all in good fun. I have had a comment from someone while playing in a tournament that bothered me a little but I got over it real quick because I realized its not worth my time and I don't know this person and they mean nothing to me.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

20 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I play with the same group every week and we chuck s*** at each other the entire time. Its funny when your playing terrible or playing good because it's all in good fun. I have had a comment from someone while playing in a tournament that bothered me a little but I got over it real quick because I realized its not worth my time and I don't know this person and they mean nothing to me.

The trash talk can be pretty juvenile and repetitive (most people I know use the same tired s*** comments over and over and over), but a little is fine. I don't do it unless one player is really dishing it out, and then I just tell them to knock it off instead of engaging, because there's a fine line between friendly and unfriendly s***. I'm out there for in equal parts for golf, enjoying just being outdoors and camaraderie. Trash talk can degrade camaraderie, why mess things up? From what I've seen better players aren't usually the trash talkers...

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I used to play golf several times per week with a coworker that played major college football.  He was a contributor on a team that lost in the BCS National Championship game in the 90's.  Needless to say, the guy was so overly competitive, he was always trying some stupid "gamesmanship" on the rest of us.  I usually just ignored him and did my own thing.  I got a little frustrated one day when he was playing as well as I had ever seen him play.  He was talking so much trash, I just got tired of it.

I said something to the effect of "man, I've never seen you play this well.  Do you inhale or exhale on the downswing?"  He struggled to get the ball airborne for the next two-weeks.

I've mentioned "Mask" in a few other posts on here in the past.  The guy is a treasure.  So incredibly thin-skinned and insecure for someone with his athletic background and affinity for talking trash!  Perfectly willing to dish it out but absolutely cannot take it!

5 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I used to play golf several times per week with a coworker that played major college football.  He was a contributor on a team that lost in the BCS National Championship game in the 90's.  Needless to say, the guy was so overly competitive, he was always trying some stupid "gamesmanship" on the rest of us.  I usually just ignored him and did my own thing.  I got a little frustrated one day when he was playing as well as I had ever seen him play.  He was talking so much trash, I just got tired of it.

I said something to the effect of "man, I've never seen you play this well.  Do you inhale or exhale on the downswing?"  He struggled to get the ball airborne for the next two-weeks.

I'd never do it, but my Dad said he asked another obnoxious player about the peculiar hitch at the top of his backswing (and refused to elaborate - 'sorry, forget I mentioned it'). Said it messed him up for the rest of the round, if not longer...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Pretty much never bothers me but if I'm playing poorly enough it could (of course no one would notice because I was playing poorly anyway).  The last time was about three and a half years ago when a friend of mine asked when the baby was do.  He realized as soon as he said it that it was a mistake (I have tons of stuff going on in my life and that comment was exceedingly unfair).

Regardless I took it to heart, entered a fitness program a month or so latter and lost 45 lbs. in 6 months.  I've kept most of them off even through the COVID mess so it turned out good.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have said things in an attempt to get under someone's skins, usually in match play. I don't think anything that someone has said has gotten me off my game. What they do may but I usually don't put a lot of thought into what they say. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Depends who I am playing with.  

A group I play with each fall on an OC golf trip are from college days and we are brutal toward each other but everyone is ready to laugh at a great zinger, even the target.  It doesn't get under anybody's skin because the quality of play is secondary to the fellowship time together.

A group we used to play with in what we called the scramble tour (summer fundraisers) was less severe but we could still joke with each other.  An example that I loved was me hitting a fat iron shot and somebody commenting to the next guy that was hitting he would hold his belt from behind so the shot hitter wouldn't fall into the crater and break an ankle.  😄  I couldn't wait to steal that line and use it on another group of guys!

Any competitive rounds where it might happen I would realize whats going on with regards to comments and ignore them.  I really haven't run into too many trying to play mind games over the years, most are decent guys playing their own game.  Years and years ago I did get tired of one guys comments after about 5 holes and mentioned in a very sincere way that I wished I could delay my wrist release like he did so beautifully.  I almost felt bad by the end of the round......almost.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

23 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

An example that I loved was me hitting a fat iron shot and somebody commenting to the next guy that was hitting he would hold his belt from behind so the shot hitter wouldn't fall into the crater and break an ankle.  😄  I couldn't wait to steal that line and use it on another group of guys!

Hilarious, never heard it before - I’m stealing that one!

Last week, I’m not that bad but I badly topped/pulled an approach shot and somehow hit another players (unoccupied) golf cart even though it was well left of my line. On the next approach (sigh) he was 50 yards almost directly to my left and before I hit he asked “is my cart OK here?” We all laughed, self included.

Last year I was with a guy who tried to murder his drive, almost whiffed and topped the ball, and it literally went 10 yards. The guy he was riding a cart with said ‘do you want me to drive you to your ball?’ We all laughed, including the victim.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
1 hour ago, Middler said:

Last year I was with a guy who tried to murder his drive, almost whiffed and topped the ball, and it literally went 10 yards. The guy he was riding a cart with said ‘do you want me to drive you to your ball?’ We all laughed, including the victim.

After retiring for a short time I had a part time job at a small country club in a university town (Oxford, OH). The morning ladies league had some very old players. Wonderful people, but it's hard to play good golf in your 80's and 90's, but they certainly had a lot of fun. If one of them hit it particularly well, the standard line was, Woo hoo, that's a rider!"

Among my own friends we have a guy who's the opposite of this thread. Everything is a great shot! "You can't hit that any better!" "That's your best of the day!" "That's an awesome swing." These come out even as the ball is spinning off into the woods, or coming up 30 yards short, or whatever. Every once in a while, on a really bad shot, he made take it back, but immediately comes back with, "You'll hit the next one great!" He's such a positive and fun guy that nobody ever takes it bad, but it is a running joke among the rest of us.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

5 hours ago, Middler said:

The trash talk can be pretty juvenile and repetitive (most people I know use the same tired s*** comments over and over and over), but a little is fine. I don't do it unless one player is really dishing it out, and then I just tell them to knock it off instead of engaging, because there's a fine line between friendly and unfriendly s***. I'm out there for in equal parts for golf, enjoying just being outdoors and camaraderie. Trash talk can degrade camaraderie, why mess things up? From what I've seen better players aren't usually the trash talkers...

Were all good friends and we're all military so we have a pretty dark sense of humor. It's all in good fun, we have worked with each other for decades and when were on the golf course we can throw rank away and throw zingers that we could not normally say at work.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

You know the old saying "Some guys just can't tell a joke"?  The same goes for needling.  I play with guys that talk trash all day long, ridicule one another, and poke fun.  BUT, when it's obvious that a guy is struggling with something, sometimes it's best to just keep the comments to yourself.  Timing is everything.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

What did they say or do?
Absolutely a comment did affect me once when I first started playing. I was like 12 yrs old. Another junior golfer golfer said to me on the 1st tee "your swing is interesting why do you exhale at top of your swing " ? So I asked why does it matter? He said "with that hitch at the top of my swing I better learn to breathe right or into trees a guarantee ". I be darned if I didn't hit every tree off the tees the rest of day. Told the pro I needed help, he laughed and began telling me to get mentally stronger with thicker skin. It did motivate me to work hard so I could get revenge on that kid. I did after about 10 tries. But I do appreciate the lessons learned from it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Two situations for me: one is when I get to the tee box and get ready to hit and the other guys are yacking it up. I want to turn around and say shut up! But I know they wouldn't take it very well.

The other is a when (one person in particular) says great shot even though I may have had a bad shot. I know she's trying to be nice (and is sincere) but really.......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 hours ago, sixcat said:

I've mentioned "Mask" in a few other posts on here in the past.  The guy is a treasure.  So incredibly thin-skinned and insecure for someone with his athletic background and affinity for talking trash!  Perfectly willing to dish it out but absolutely cannot take it!

Wow. So frickin funny!

Those are the kind of comments I am asking about.

A friend of mine said, "I never seen you play this bad." Or something like, "your swing looks ______."

It shouldn't throw me off but it does.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Two situations for me: one is when I get to the tee box and get ready to hit and the other guys are yacking it up. I want to turn around and say shut up! But I know they wouldn't take it very well.

The other is a when (one person in particular) says great shot even though I may have had a bad shot. I know she's trying to be nice (and is sincere) but really.......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm guilty of both of those. Blushing

11 hours ago, Middler said:

Hilarious, never heard it before - I’m stealing that one!

Last week, I’m not that bad but I badly topped/pulled an approach shot and somehow hit another players (unoccupied) golf cart even though it was well left of my line. On the next approach (sigh) he was 50 yards almost directly to my left and before I hit he asked “is my cart OK here?” We all laughed, self included.

Those are some great zingers!

13 hours ago, Middler said:

I'd never do it, but my Dad said he asked another obnoxious player about the peculiar hitch at the top of his backswing (and refused to elaborate - 'sorry, forget I mentioned it'). Said it messed him up for the rest of the round, if not longer...

Wow, that's the kind of comment that can really mess me up - sometimes.

13 hours ago, revkev said:

Pretty much never bothers me but if I'm playing poorly enough it could (of course no one would notice because I was playing poorly anyway).  The last time was about three and a half years ago when a friend of mine asked when the baby was do.  He realized as soon as he said it that it was a mistake (I have tons of stuff going on in my life and that comment was exceedingly unfair).

Regardless I took it to heart, entered a fitness program a month or so latter and lost 45 lbs. in 6 months.  I've kept most of them off even through the COVID mess so it turned out good.

Wow, congrats on the weight loss. I am a big guy and I know those kind of comments can hurt. 

My comeback is usually, "the extra weight helps with the follow through." 

11 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Depends who I am playing with.  

A group I play with each fall on an OC golf trip are from college days and we are brutal toward each other but everyone is ready to laugh at a great zinger, even the target.  It doesn't get under anybody's skin because the quality of play is secondary to the fellowship time together.

A group we used to play with in what we called the scramble tour (summer fundraisers) was less severe but we could still joke with each other.  An example that I loved was me hitting a fat iron shot and somebody commenting to the next guy that was hitting he would hold his belt from behind so the shot hitter wouldn't fall into the crater and break an ankle.  😄  I couldn't wait to steal that line and use it on another group of guys!

Any competitive rounds where it might happen I would realize whats going on with regards to comments and ignore them.  I really haven't run into too many trying to play mind games over the years, most are decent guys playing their own game.  Years and years ago I did get tired of one guys comments after about 5 holes and mentioned in a very sincere way that I wished I could delay my wrist release like he did so beautifully.  I almost felt bad by the end of the round......almost.

Fantastic!

On 9/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, Buffly said:

What did they say or do?

lol no, not a chance in hell.

there’s really nothing a guy i met 4 minutes before teeing off can say that would have any staying power with me. 

Edited by Chip Strokes

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

The BB never stops w the Groups I play in. Most it’s fine but occasionally someone will get on a players nerves. ALL of it’s Good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

NOPE

While stationed at Holloman AFB New Mexico, the group I played  with would TRY to get under you skin, we did have ONE rule, the talking would stop as you started your swing, not a second before. Some of the one’s I heard before starting my backswing:

Hey, your wife told me your almost out of milk and jelly

Sorry about not making the bed or changing the sheets

Are you having a seizure?

Of course actual and fake flatulence 

How can you hit it on the fairway lined up OB?

Cute butt

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

The BB never stops w the Groups I play in. Most it’s fine but occasionally someone will get on a players nerves. ALL of it’s Good.

That’s how it is down my way, all good banter. I remember during a match this summer, one guy would always ask a particular guy teeing off if he was gonna hit a draw or a fade because he knew it would throw him off. It worked 80% of the time.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I’m usually the one making fun of my own bad swings: I try not to comment on anyone’s swings unless it’s a center cut bomb or right next to the flag. I find newer golfers tend to comment on every shot, good or bad, and talk to others players balls while in flight. Both are no-no’s in my book. My wife loves talking sh*t to me on the course, and I find it funny, but I have to remind her not to comment on other players shots, particularly random singles we get paired up with. I’m usually not one for needling buddies during a round, but if it’s funny, it’s fair game.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV