sixcat

Could the USGA be relocating HQ to NC?

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, greggarner said:

I used to work on education policy and it was basically impossible to release anything without JLF jumping in. I will say, they are at least consistent: if it involves the government, they're against it. (JLF is very libertarian. They make Rand Paul look like big-government guy.)

That being said and to @JohnSmalls point - regardless of your political stance on the role of incentivizing business, let's focus on how the game of golf might benefit from this move. In general, if a state government wants you and the local economy is structurally ready to support you (hello, Pinehurst), it seems like this is a win all the way around.

Doing my best to leave politics out of this, are there any significant business "relocations" that don't try to find the best tax situations?  The USGA isn't alone in seeking the best situation, North Carolina isn't alone in offering incentives where it feels its worth it in the long run.  The only problem I see is that in the short term property prices in Pinehurst may be pushed up, just as I'm getting set to retire and (perhaps) relocate there.

• Like 3

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 9/13/2020 at 5:10 PM, DaveP043 said:

Doing my best to leave politics out of this, are there any significant business "relocations" that don't try to find the best tax situations?  The USGA isn't alone in seeking the best situation, North Carolina isn't alone in offering incentives where it feels its worth it in the long run.  The only problem I see is that in the short term property prices in Pinehurst may be pushed up, just as I'm getting set to retire and (perhaps) relocate there.

Maybe it's time to go work for the USGA?  I would GLADLY move down to Pinehurst to do so.  haha. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"