anyone carry 5 wedges?

When I was playing the Titleist AP3 irons I had 5 wedges in the bag.  The set PW was 43 degrees. The set gap wedge was 48 degrees and then I had a 52, 56 & 60.  My new set of irons has a PW at 46 degrees and I’m now playing a 50, 54 & 58 set of wedges. My 9 iron has 42 degrees in the new set and not surprisingly it goes about the same distance as my old pitching wedge.  

My 6 iron has 30 degrees compared to the AP3 7 iron at 31 degrees.  Then I have a 6 hybrid at 28 degrees and a 5 hybrid at 25 degrees followed by my 7 wood at 21 and 5 wood adjusted down to 17.  I do sometimes substitute a 22 degree 4 utility iron for the 5 hybrid as they go about the same distance but have different trajectories.

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Taylormade SIM Ti - 19 lofted down to 17

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Tour Edge C721 - 25

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades

Corey Paul Functional Art 50, 54 & 58

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX

I may have chipped in here before but my memory isn't what it was.

Following a 42° 9-iron, I play just three wedges.

In order to achieve useful gaps,

the 46° set-matching PW is not one of those.

I don't even order it.

I need to go to 48º for the first wedge.

If I used the set-matching 46, I might have gone up to 4 wedges,

and if I used one of those GI 9-irons of 40° or less,

then five would probably be on the table.

That would leave me with an overall set configuration short on long clubs--

I'm a multiple fairway wood player who also likes to bag a utility driving iron--

so the 42º 9-iron is a must.  Weaker than that eliminates a model from consideration for me,

even if I otherwise love it..

3 hours ago, BostonSal said:

I may have chipped in here before but my memory isn't what it was.

Just an FYI.  When you look at the thread title, if there is a star to the left of the title you have commented in the thread;  if it is a circle then you haven't.  If you look at the image below, the dark blue circle indicates new content and I have not commented.   The greyish star means I have read the topic and commented.   If the start was dark blue it would mean I have commented but others have commented since I last read the thread.

image.png.803acf5d51f2f6c406a201b7a9a3fce6.png

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Just an FYI.  When you look at the thread title, if there is a star to the left of the title you have commented in the thread;  if it is a circle then you haven't.  If you look at the image below, the dark blue circle indicates new content and I have not commented.   The greyish star means I have read the topic and commented.   If the start was dark blue it would mean I have commented but others have commented since I last read the thread.

image.png.803acf5d51f2f6c406a201b7a9a3fce6.png

Thanks, cnosil.  I had never noticed that.