Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Screw in golf shaft removal on PW.

Trying to pull a steel shaft out of an old Wilson FG 17 PW.  Heated the heck out of it and its a no go by hand or in a puller  

Any idea if rhe Wilson Fg 17 are screw type shafts? If so, and tricks of the trade to pull it? 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Some are screw in type. Take a solid piece of oak or hickory wood and notice I said oak or hickory not pine. Cut a groove down the center that fits the head snugly. Cut you a handle on the other end leaving it thick. Think of a paddle with a groove down the middle. clamp the head in the vise securely and heat and remember those have backwards threads so it will be righty loosy pound it with a hammer on the end of the block to loosen. Those can be a Bear to get out. If that does not work you may have to drill the shaft out

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I ran this question by a very reliable source and he told me that this particular club in not likely to be threaded.  He did tell me that Wilson flared some of these clubs and that is probably the case here.  He gave me some tips to remove it. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX