Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

LASIK impact on golf

Cory O

4 hours ago, Firebird said:

Fantastic, let us know how you find it.

Played Saturday and Sunday and (despite the smokey conditions around LA) had no issues whatsoever. Haven't used the numbing drops since the day of the surgery, only the steroid and antibiotic ones, and the eyes only have mild occasional dryness. After wearing contact lenses for over 20 years, I think my brain just doesn't get it yet that I'm not wearing contacts, there's nothing to take out, and these are just my eyes now.

In the follow-up tests the day after the surgery, I was seeing pretty much 20/20 and the doctor says things can continue to improve a bit over the next couple of weeks. That's good, because if I don't start magically seeing the perfect putting line on each green, I'm going to ask for a refund 😉 . Side note: I am wearing wrap-around sunglasses out on the course now. Picked up these guys on Amazon for less than $20
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B018RZNQ3M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Some type of coating on the lens that really makes the matte orange ball I play pop, so no problems at all tracking the ball in the air or finding it after. Came with a nice hard clip case too. I'd recommend them if anyone just wants a cheap pair to keep on the golf bag.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Glad to hear everything went well.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

After wearing contact lenses for over 20 years, I think my brain just doesn't get it yet that I'm not wearing contacts, there's nothing to take out, and these are just my eyes now.

Sometimes I reach up and rub my eyes and think “Oh $4!t, my contacts!” only to remember I haven’t worn them In 15-20 years. Not often but it happened a few months ago in the shower.

Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, two weeks post surgery and everything is pretty much perfect. Seeing a bit better than 20/20, no irritation, night driving issues, or anything like that. I can't say for sure, but I FEEL like I'm tracking the ball better in the air than I did before and while my scores haven't dropped 5 shots or anything, I'd say the quality of life is up. I'm still reaching for my glasses every morning when I wake up, but I'm pretty sure that will go on for years.

If anyone in the future comes across this thread looking for an answer for themselves, getting the surgery done definitely has my strong recommendation.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

On 9/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, Cory O said:

Just to update, two weeks post surgery and everything is pretty much perfect. Seeing a bit better than 20/20, no irritation, night driving issues, or anything like that. I can't say for sure, but I FEEL like I'm tracking the ball better in the air than I did before and while my scores haven't dropped 5 shots or anything, I'd say the quality of life is up. I'm still reaching for my glasses every morning when I wake up, but I'm pretty sure that will go on for years.

If anyone in the future comes across this thread looking for an answer for themselves, getting the surgery done definitely has my strong recommendation.

Late to this discussion but yes such a great improvement on quality of life. No need to switch between prescription sunglasses and regular glasses. i also do a lot of offshore overnight fishing and the head of a fishing boat is not the most sterile environment for contacts. And @Tom the Golf Nut i remember the first time i looked at the san bernardino mountains where I live after my surgery and seeing little trees dotting the tops of the mountains!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 9 months later...

Well, I was onto golf for a long time. And I got my surgery a few years ago. And I can assure you it has been a great impact in my playstyle and getting on with my everyday life. My peripheral vision was affecting me with some kind of dot like things appearing in the corner of my eye which was also removed after the surgery. I can see much clearer now and finally I am free from glasses. I had to get lasik eye surgery after I couldn't actually see things that were in the distance. It was really affecting my everyday life which was why i decided to get the surgery done. Although I have to say, you might not be able to play for at least a month or so. I took a break to avoid any complications. Once your doctor gives you the all go, I suggest you get on with it. 

RE