Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Out with the new and in with the old. Changing from Distance irons to hybrids and blades.

Well thought out bag

I will let you know about the distance iron thing once I start testing them. I recall that you chip with a lot of different clubs and could see where a hot face could be an issue.

I do very little chipping with anything more than my 52 with the exception of a bump and run with my 7 wood.

Good look with that set up!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The all Mizuno bag certainly looked pretty, but if it wasn’t working for you, well done Frankensteining something that would. Also, great little segue on the bump and run chips. Rick Shiels posted a video this week on it and I tried a couple today with the 8i and PW instead of immediately grabbing a scoring wedge.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Yep now you are thinking straight. I think you have it set perfect in fact I believe I could play with your set up

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

My wedges are

SM6 46° 8° Bounce F Grind.

SM8 50° 8° F Grind.

SM7 54° M Grind

SM6 60° 12° D Grind.

Historically, I preferred the 56° 14° bounce and a 60° 7° bounce. When I saw my current wedges new on eBay but of an older generation I bought them and stupidly got the bounces confused. I got these and considered returning them, but they are actually are better this way. I just had to change my go to club off a short sided tight lie. I am now more likely to putt if possible.

Interestingly, I can’t really see 10 cents worth of difference in the SM6-7-8. Certainty, I see a difference in these specs but actual design of the club, all are nice and seem to function as perfectly as I hit them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid