TESTERS WANTED! ×

Limited Edition Scotty Cameron Select JT 5.5

Golfspy_CG2

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Sept. 8, 2020) – Scotty Cameron is celebrating the long-running success of Titleist Brand Ambassador Justin Thomas with the introduction of the new Inspired by Justin Thomas Phantom X5.5 putter.

Available Sept. 22 worldwide in select Titleist golf shops, the limited-release model is designed to the specifications of the trusted gamer that Thomas has used in capturing 12 of his 13 PGA Tour titles – including the 2017 PGA Championship – and most recently, the 2020 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational. Scotty has created exactly 2,020 Inspired by Justin Thomas putters for worldwide distribution.

Each Inspired by Justin Thomas Phantom X5.5 incorporates the custom setup that Scotty crafted for JT in the summer of 2016 – combining the high-MOI wingback head style with a welded small slant neck that promotes an arced putting stroke more commonly associated with a blade.

To commemorate this special release, Scotty and team created a “Circle JT” emblem that is engraved on the heel of the putter face.

QUOTING SCOTTY CAMERON---“Justin Thomas is one of those unique players who only comes around once or twice in a generation. He first visited the Scotty Cameron Putter Studio as a young amateur when he played a Newport 2. JT loved that traditional putter look. But even after getting his first tour win with the blade, he started to consider a change. He poked around our putter bag on the Titleist Tour Van and was initially drawn to the Futura X5 – the compact mallet shape really suited his eye. After some back-and-forth discussions, I welded him a small slant neck as a prototype setup and here we are. Twelve PGA Tour wins later and still counting with the same putter – including a major championship, two World Golf Championships and a FedExCup Championship. Players are always asking me for a welded-neck putter like JT’s. It’s a special setup that deserves this kind of treatment.”          QUOTING JUSTIN THOMAS“This was an extremely cool project for me to work on with Scotty. When I first saw the 5.5, I immediately noticed how nicely it sits down on the green. The neck just makes it sit so square. In the beginning, I was only thinking it would give me something different to look at for a couple weeks – yet here I am – four-something years later and still gaming it. So, I guess it’s worked out pretty well.”            PRFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY--The Inspired by Justin Thomas Phantom X5.5 has been created in the spirit of JT’s tour-winning prototype with the following key features:   Multi-material head with solid face technology features a standard-milled solid 303 stainless steel face that extends through the wings, while the 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plate allows for superior weight distribution to increase MOI and stability.  Tour-winning setup - crafted at 34.5 inches with 10-gram customizable stainless steel heel and toe weights for proper balance and increased stability throughout the stroke.   Welded small slant neck - hand welded on every putter like JT’s original prototype – provides increased toe flow for the mallet head style.            Signature markings – including a special “Circle JT” emblem engraved into the face heel, and Thomas’ signature designed into the aluminum sole plate – complete the “Inspired by” look and feel.   Solid milled stainless steel construction – is milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for legendary performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel. -------AESTHETICS & ACCESSORIES  Every Inspired by Justin Thomas putter features a raw stainless steel finish and a unique bead blast for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. Additionally, Scotty’s signature three red dot pattern has been included in the back cavity.   The putter is accessorized with a new Pistolero Plus grip in cement gray with black lettering. This grip complements an elegantly embroidered, custom Inspired by Justin Thomas headcover and a Scotty Cameron Fine Milled Putters Seven-Point Crown shaft band. Scotty Cameron Sole-Hero Final-32aabb-original-1599064454.jpg
Scotty Cameron-Top Final-5438f5-original-1599064458.jpgSCotty Cameon-Headcover Final-c63a1b-original-1599064458.jpg
AVAILABILITY  A limited run of 2,020 Scotty Cameron Inspired by Justin Thomas Phantom X5.5 putters will be available beginning Sep. 22 at select Titleist authorized golf shops worldwide. MAP $850.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Eveyone: hey how about an x5 with a slant neck
scotty: sure, here’s a "limited edition” one with a $900 price tag

I normally defend Scotty, but this awful 

Would not be surprised to see the retail version follow next year. He has done this with the Faxon and Sergio putters in the past. This one is purely a wall hanger for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

3 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Would not be surprised to see the retail version follow next year. He has done this with the Faxon and Sergio putters in the past. This one is purely a wall hanger for most people.

$900 for a "wall hanger" is outrageous. Limited to 2020 units? Doesn't sound so "limited" to me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

$900 for a "wall hanger" is outrageous. Limited to 2020 units? Doesn't sound so "limited" to me.

Compared to regular production runs it is. Same quantity as the holiday and My Girl will be this year. In the ballpark on price for those as well, think I got my last My Girl for around $800 from my rep.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

You have to admit, this is great marketing by FILA .

Thought I saw people making their own version of this for a couple of years now? 

IMHO, it looks, cheap,,,,, 

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

12 minutes ago, MadMex said:

You have to admit, this is great marketing by FILA .

Thought I saw people making their own version of this for a couple of years now? 

IMHO, it looks, cheap,,,,, 

I made one earlier this year for about a 1/3 of that. I ended up selling it but will probably make another one this fall. More than likely will be a 5W instead of the X5 as I prefer the feel. 

I don’t blame Scotty for trying to capitalize on the want of JT’s X5, but it could at least have the correct neck on it. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie