TESTERS WANTED! ×

My range added Toptracer, and it's not good

1 hour ago, Siamese Moose said:

I'm familiar with the range listed in those two posts. It's OK, but I greatly prefer the people at Miles of Golf. 

Miles of Golf, or where I learned to golf in the early 70s when it was known as Pat’s Par 3!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 1 year later...

I've gone to this specific location, Miles of Golf Cincy, several times in the last couple weeks, including last night,  and the distances with my driver are definitely 30-40 short on carry. I have a Bushnell Launch Pro (GC3) and have used it at home tons of times and know my clubhead speed, ball speed and distances. I can usually tell you what the monitor will read based on feel alone at this point. I don't think it's their range balls, as my ball speed is still close. My ball speed and launch with Top Tracer at this location do not even approximate GC3 distances with my woods. I've used my launch monitor, then went immediately to the range, and the distances weren't close with similar numbers. I can't get one to carry 250 yards according to this Top Tracer with hundreds of attempts, but regularly carry 270-290 on good strikes on my launch monitor, with verified distances that I have measured myself on my own land. 

I'm going to the Trackman range next in Cincy. Bad data is not helpful to me and will likely encourage bad habits. The rest of the Top Tracer is way more fun than a basic launch monitor, but can't get over this super shorted driver distance. Hitting a driver long is why I got into golf and why I keep playing. 

I posted a similar issue with my local range when it was 1st  opened about 2 years ago. I couldn't correlate between the range numbers and my Mevo, it was about 10% shorter on Toptracer. I was contacted directly by Toptracer and after a few questions, committed to look into it and check the calibration. On my last visit there was a marked improvement with ball speeds matching the Mevo and me at the point of questioning which one was giving me the right data.

Personally I use Toptracer for the fun games like nearest the pin, approach points games, etc. We have a new indoor range locally called Fairways that has 4 Trackman bays if I want to do serious work on distances this is where I go.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

21 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I posted a similar issue with my local range when it was 1st  opened about 2 years ago. I couldn't correlate between the range numbers and my Mevo, it was about 10% shorter on Toptracer. I was contacted directly by Toptracer and after a few questions, committed to look into it and check the calibration. On my last visit there was a marked improvement with ball speeds matching the Mevo and me at the point of questioning which one was giving me the right data.

Personally I use Toptracer for the fun games like nearest the pin, approach points games, etc. We have a new indoor range locally called Fairways that has 4 Trackman bays if I want to do serious work on distances this is where I go.

I would say the one that I've used is pretty spot on. Only thing I've noticed as I use the same bay is I need to have a certain start flight. The camera doesn't like it when it starts at a few left targets so i always choose one of the center right ones as my go to spot.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)