TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most important putter feature?

Buffly

On 9/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, Buffly said:

Exactly!

I just bought a Bull's-eye putter based on another thread just on a lark. I putt well with it but can't pickup a ball with it so, it's only a practice club. 

Trust me it is a great training aide. I carry one in the trunk of the car to warm up with. The putter I am putting with now is just as hard to putt with but it has enhanced my feel. an old Macgregor CB-5 ---- And not to disappoint my fans it looks like it has been in a fire rusty and beat to hell and back and of course lead taped. That putter was given to me by a friend who runs a local golf shop so beat up he would not put it in the $5 barrel. Kinda a accident I was using it for a practice aide and found out I could putt with it. Been putting lights out for 2 weeks now with it. And no it will not pick up a ball but even with my broken back healing I can stoop and pick a ball up. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 9/28/2020 at 1:05 AM, Buffly said:

That's how I acquired my two Scotty Cameron putters - trolling the pond on 18 with a large magnet. Hehe

I think that was the fate at one time of my infamous Santa Fe nicknamed that " That Rusty SOB Scotty" I think someone threw it in a lake at one time and someone retrieved it and found out what it cost to restore it. I got it off the scrap pile at work

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Trust me it is a great training aide. I carry one in the trunk of the car to warm up with. The putter I am putting with now is just as hard to putt with but it has enhanced my feel. an old Macgregor CB-5 ---- And not to disappoint my fans it looks like it has been in a fire rusty and beat to hell and back and of course lead taped. That putter was given to me by a friend who runs a local golf shop so beat up he would not put it in the $5 barrel. Kinda a accident I was using it for a practice aide and found out I could putt with it. Been putting lights out for 2 weeks now with it. And no it will not pick up a ball but even with my broken back healing I can stoop and pick a ball up. 

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I think that was the fate at one time of my infamous Santa Fe nicknamed that " That Rusty SOB Scotty" I think someone threw it in a lake at one time and someone retrieved it and found out what it cost to restore it. I got it off the scrap pile at work

@BIG STU I must see pictures of these relics! I love, love, love nasty golf monstrosities that cause some arrogant jaws to hit the floor when they perform miracles. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg