My Golf Spy Ball Lab Report-ProV 1

The ball lab report for ProV 1 is on the home page, here is a link to it.   As expected the ProV1 scored very well in every category across the board.

Share your thoughts below! 

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-2019-titleist-pro-v1/

Ball_Lab_2019_Titleist_ProV1-1_badged.jp

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

at a minimum 4 bucks a ball losing one of these hurts.  I'll stick with the more affordable Srixons.  If there are 3 brands I "trust" for consistency that seem to 'own' the process from begi

Reading through the Instagram and blog comments makes you realize why so many golfers struggle to improve. Also, our expectations for consumer sporting goods are WAY too high. Thankfully, some of

The ball lab report for ProV 1 is on the home page, here is a link to it.   As expected the ProV1 scored very well in every category across the board. Share your thoughts below!  https://myg

Posted Images

Just read it. Another great job by Tony. I really hope he starts rolling these out with a little more frequency though. Waiting a week per ball is going to kill me lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Wow. Impressive indeed. And it shows that Titleist isn't messing around when it comes to quality control. They do back up their commercials. Good on them. And thanks to MGS for all this info. 

Next ball up is the Bridgestone Tour B-XS. If b-stone's are just as consistent as Titleist, then it will help me sleep better.

Side note: Callaway still isn't on that level yet. Even after committing $$$ to QC, they're still a ways off from Titleist. 

• Like 6
  • :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The ball lab report for ProV 1 is on the home page, here is a link to it.   As expected the ProV1 scored very well in every category across the board.

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-2019-titleist-pro-v1/#comment-465638

Hard to beat these. My go to ball (trying out snell now though)

• Like 6

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Yeah I wasn’t surprised by this. Looking forward to the Bridgestone and hopefully Snell review. I was running low on ProV1x’s so grabbed some Bridgestone and snell balls to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

at a minimum 4 bucks a ball losing one of these hurts. 

I'll stick with the more affordable Srixons. 

If there are 3 brands I "trust" for consistency that seem to 'own' the process from beginning to end it would be Titleist, Bridgestone and Srixon.

Snipped from the 2019 ball report....

There’s quite a bit of difference when it comes to who makes what and where. I may have covered this before, but since I happened to see this comment pop-up.

Titleist and Bridgestone differ from the rest of the industry in that they make their own rubber/synthetic rubber. Apart from the rawest of materials, they own the product from end to end.
USA consumers may care that both have factories in the US.
Srixon has similar capabilities in its factory in Indonesia.
Callaway has a factory in Massachusetts where it makes some of its balls (including Chrome Soft), but to the best of my knowledge, it does not make its own rubber.
TaylorMade has a factory in the USA, however, its balls are made overseas with the US-based factory’s function limited to putting the covers on the balls.
To the best of my knowledge, nobody else owns the factory where their balls are produced.

• Like 9

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

All this does is make me more anxious for the Bstone/Snell/Srixon/Vice reviews to flush out the "Tour level" ball offerings.

• Like 3
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

Reading through the Instagram and blog comments makes you realize why so many golfers struggle to improve.

Also, our expectations for consumer sporting goods are WAY too high. Thankfully, some of the manufacturers have equally high expectations, but there is little to no reason we should expect the level of quality we get.

As an example:

I earned my certification to train for IPC J-STD-001 a year ago. For those unfamiliar, J-STD-001 is a standardized specification which dictates how electronic components should be joined together via soldering (among other things) and is broken up into three classes.

• Class 1 - General Electronic Products (think consumer grade devices where the bar of expectations is pretty low).
  • Class 2 - Dedicated Service Electronic Products (higher level consumer devices and commercial products where "uninterrupted service is desired but not critical).
  • Class 3 - High Performance/Harsh Environment Electronic Products (think aero, medical, defense, and space devices - actually there is an addendum for space applications that raises the bar even higher).

This is an over-generalization, but in many cases Class 1 devices simply require that two mating surfaces be soldered to complete the connection. How much solder is used, what it touches and does not touch, and where the solder is located matters, but only so much. As you move up to Class 2 and Class 3 devices, the requirements increase (sometimes significantly). Not only do you have to account for the solder being applied, but you may also be required to consider preparation and orientation of the two surfaces being mated - i.e. how much a wire should wrap around a connector or how much of a pass-thru hole should be filled with solder when installing devices on a circuit board.

Perhaps it's not the best example, given the exact subject matter, but it does show a clear separation of expectations between consumer-grade products and those meant for other segments. Why we golfers think we deserve Class 3 or Class 3 + Space Addendum when all we should expect is Class 1 or Class 2 is beyond me. 

• Like 7

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

The ones questioning why True Price wont drop below MSRP of a dozen, and also questioning performance metrics have completely missed the idea of the Ball Lab.

Great take @TR1PTIK

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore
4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-2019-titleist-pro-v1/#comment-465638

if you delete "#comment-465638" it won't slam everyone to the comment section when they click your link 🙂 

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

If this means anything to you, Bryson no longer does his Epsom salts balancing tests with his Bridgestone balls because they're that consistent already. He does play the Tour B X and not the XS though.

Wow. Impressive indeed. And it shows that Titleist isn't messing around when it comes to quality control. They do back up their commercials. Good on them. And thanks to MGS for all this info. 
Next ball up is the Bridgestone Tour B-XS. If b-stone's are just as consistent as Titleist, then it will help me sleep better.
Side note: Callaway still isn't on that level yet. Even after committing $$$ to QC, they're still a ways off from Titleist. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I really like the ball testing, seeing what's inside, and how they stack up, to each other and to the competitors but, what will this really mean to me out on the course?  I'm an average level player who has scored some of my best rounds with low end balls and scored some of my worst rounds with top notch balls - and vice-versa. Try as I have, no particular ball has stood out as a clear match/advantage.  That said, I do tend to play ProV1 as much as any ball, but when I do grab another mid level make/model, I see no clear difference.  Well, I take that back... I will put the Nike MoJo squarely in the POS category.

If Tony's ball testing shows a mid level/price ball (tour class or not) that has high quality, consistency, and USGA compliance, that would get my attention.  We may all get surprised by what's to come.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Why we golfers think we deserve Class 3 or Class 3 + Space Addendum when all we should expect is Class 1 or Class 2 is beyond me. 

🤯 dude. this is awesome. And also, wow am I glad for guys like you that care so deeply about this stuff as compared to guys who just slather on some JB Weld and call it a day...

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small:SIM2 9* HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70S
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95cw Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper; :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

I really hope they did the - Dash and the AVX.

Doesn’t surprise me with the results.

And I really wish they’d bring out the • ProV1 to accompany the - ProV1x for public consumption. But then again I wish they’d bring out the nascar version of the Camry too... 😂

• Like 3
Yeah I wasn’t surprised by this. Looking forward to the Bridgestone and hopefully Snell review. I was running low on ProV1x’s so grabbed some Bridgestone and snell balls to compare.

I can't wait for the Snell also. Going through my first box and am really liking the MTBX

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can't wait for the Snell also. Going through my first box and am really liking the MTBX

Yeah for the alternate shot challenge for #ccc4
[mention]Lacassem [/mention] and I used a mix of Snell MTBX and Bridgestone Tour B X. I thought they both felt and played really well. I could easily game them over the Pro V1x. Especially since the coupon code I had worked with those two but not the titleist. :)

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

if you delete "#comment-465638" it won't slam everyone to the comment section when they click your link 🙂 

Yikes.  Corrected. Thanks. 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Yeah for the alternate shot challenge for #ccc4
[mention]Lacassem [/mention] and I used a mix of Snell MTBX and Bridgestone Tour B X. I thought they both felt and played really well. I could easily game them over the Pro V1x. Especially since the coupon code I had worked with those two but not the titleist. :)

Coupon code - tell me more

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Coupon code - tell me more

It was one golfballs.com was running a month or so ago. Not valid anymore. But it did work on them!

Got the AlignXL customization on them. Adjustments.jpg
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

It was one golfballs.com was running a month or so ago. Not valid anymore. But it did work on them!

Got the AlignXL customization on them. Adjustments.jpg

Too early to tell for sure but I hit all 4 ProV1, snell and Bridgestone. Nothing glaring on initial 18 which is good signs!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸