TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Golf Spy Ball Lab Report-ProV 1

Golfspy_CG2

The ball lab report for ProV 1 is on the home page, here is a link to it.   As expected the ProV1 scored very well in every category across the board.

Share your thoughts below! 

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-2019-titleist-pro-v1/

Ball_Lab_2019_Titleist_ProV1-1_badged.jp

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just read it. Another great job by Tony. I really hope he starts rolling these out with a little more frequency though. Waiting a week per ball is going to kill me lol!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Wow. Impressive indeed. And it shows that Titleist isn't messing around when it comes to quality control. They do back up their commercials. Good on them. And thanks to MGS for all this info. 

Next ball up is the Bridgestone Tour B-XS. If b-stone's are just as consistent as Titleist, then it will help me sleep better.

Side note: Callaway still isn't on that level yet. Even after committing $$$ to QC, they're still a ways off from Titleist. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The ball lab report for ProV 1 is on the home page, here is a link to it.   As expected the ProV1 scored very well in every category across the board.

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-2019-titleist-pro-v1/#comment-465638

Hard to beat these. My go to ball (trying out snell now though)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Yeah I wasn’t surprised by this. Looking forward to the Bridgestone and hopefully Snell review. I was running low on ProV1x’s so grabbed some Bridgestone and snell balls to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

at a minimum 4 bucks a ball losing one of these hurts. 

I'll stick with the more affordable Srixons. 

If there are 3 brands I "trust" for consistency that seem to 'own' the process from beginning to end it would be Titleist, Bridgestone and Srixon.

Snipped from the 2019 ball report....

There’s quite a bit of difference when it comes to who makes what and where. I may have covered this before, but since I happened to see this comment pop-up.

Titleist and Bridgestone differ from the rest of the industry in that they make their own rubber/synthetic rubber. Apart from the rawest of materials, they own the product from end to end.
USA consumers may care that both have factories in the US.
Srixon has similar capabilities in its factory in Indonesia.
Callaway has a factory in Massachusetts where it makes some of its balls (including Chrome Soft), but to the best of my knowledge, it does not make its own rubber.
TaylorMade has a factory in the USA, however, its balls are made overseas with the US-based factory’s function limited to putting the covers on the balls.
To the best of my knowledge, nobody else owns the factory where their balls are produced.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Reading through the Instagram and blog comments makes you realize why so many golfers struggle to improve.

Also, our expectations for consumer sporting goods are WAY too high. Thankfully, some of the manufacturers have equally high expectations, but there is little to no reason we should expect the level of quality we get.

As an example:

I earned my certification to train for IPC J-STD-001 a year ago. For those unfamiliar, J-STD-001 is a standardized specification which dictates how electronic components should be joined together via soldering (among other things) and is broken up into three classes.

• Class 1 - General Electronic Products (think consumer grade devices where the bar of expectations is pretty low).
  • Class 2 - Dedicated Service Electronic Products (higher level consumer devices and commercial products where "uninterrupted service is desired but not critical).
  • Class 3 - High Performance/Harsh Environment Electronic Products (think aero, medical, defense, and space devices - actually there is an addendum for space applications that raises the bar even higher).

This is an over-generalization, but in many cases Class 1 devices simply require that two mating surfaces be soldered to complete the connection. How much solder is used, what it touches and does not touch, and where the solder is located matters, but only so much. As you move up to Class 2 and Class 3 devices, the requirements increase (sometimes significantly). Not only do you have to account for the solder being applied, but you may also be required to consider preparation and orientation of the two surfaces being mated - i.e. how much a wire should wrap around a connector or how much of a pass-thru hole should be filled with solder when installing devices on a circuit board.

Perhaps it's not the best example, given the exact subject matter, but it does show a clear separation of expectations between consumer-grade products and those meant for other segments. Why we golfers think we deserve Class 3 or Class 3 + Space Addendum when all we should expect is Class 1 or Class 2 is beyond me. 

The ones questioning why True Price wont drop below MSRP of a dozen, and also questioning performance metrics have completely missed the idea of the Ball Lab.

Great take @TR1PTIK

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-2019-titleist-pro-v1/#comment-465638

if you delete "#comment-465638" it won't slam everyone to the comment section when they click your link 🙂 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

If this means anything to you, Bryson no longer does his Epsom salts balancing tests with his Bridgestone balls because they're that consistent already. He does play the Tour B X and not the XS though.

Wow. Impressive indeed. And it shows that Titleist isn't messing around when it comes to quality control. They do back up their commercials. Good on them. And thanks to MGS for all this info. 
Next ball up is the Bridgestone Tour B-XS. If b-stone's are just as consistent as Titleist, then it will help me sleep better.
Side note: Callaway still isn't on that level yet. Even after committing $$$ to QC, they're still a ways off from Titleist. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Don't get me wrong, I really like the ball testing, seeing what's inside, and how they stack up, to each other and to the competitors but, what will this really mean to me out on the course?  I'm an average level player who has scored some of my best rounds with low end balls and scored some of my worst rounds with top notch balls - and vice-versa. Try as I have, no particular ball has stood out as a clear match/advantage.  That said, I do tend to play ProV1 as much as any ball, but when I do grab another mid level make/model, I see no clear difference.  Well, I take that back... I will put the Nike MoJo squarely in the POS category.

If Tony's ball testing shows a mid level/price ball (tour class or not) that has high quality, consistency, and USGA compliance, that would get my attention.  We may all get surprised by what's to come.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Why we golfers think we deserve Class 3 or Class 3 + Space Addendum when all we should expect is Class 1 or Class 2 is beyond me. 

🤯 dude. this is awesome. And also, wow am I glad for guys like you that care so deeply about this stuff as compared to guys who just slather on some JB Weld and call it a day...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I really hope they did the - Dash and the AVX.

Doesn’t surprise me with the results.

And I really wish they’d bring out the • ProV1 to accompany the - ProV1x for public consumption. But then again I wish they’d bring out the nascar version of the Camry too... 😂

Yeah I wasn’t surprised by this. Looking forward to the Bridgestone and hopefully Snell review. I was running low on ProV1x’s so grabbed some Bridgestone and snell balls to compare.

I can't wait for the Snell also. Going through my first box and am really liking the MTBX

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can't wait for the Snell also. Going through my first box and am really liking the MTBX

Yeah for the alternate shot challenge for #ccc4
[mention]Lacassem [/mention] and I used a mix of Snell MTBX and Bridgestone Tour B X. I thought they both felt and played really well. I could easily game them over the Pro V1x. Especially since the coupon code I had worked with those two but not the titleist. :)

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

if you delete "#comment-465638" it won't slam everyone to the comment section when they click your link 🙂 

Yikes.  Corrected. Thanks. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah for the alternate shot challenge for #ccc4
[mention]Lacassem [/mention] and I used a mix of Snell MTBX and Bridgestone Tour B X. I thought they both felt and played really well. I could easily game them over the Pro V1x. Especially since the coupon code I had worked with those two but not the titleist. :)

Coupon code - tell me more

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Coupon code - tell me more

It was one golfballs.com was running a month or so ago. Not valid anymore. But it did work on them!

Got the AlignXL customization on them. Adjustments.jpg

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

It was one golfballs.com was running a month or so ago. Not valid anymore. But it did work on them!

Got the AlignXL customization on them. Adjustments.jpg

Too early to tell for sure but I hit all 4 ProV1, snell and Bridgestone. Nothing glaring on initial 18 which is good signs!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, greggarner said:

🤯 dude. this is awesome. And also, wow am I glad for guys like you that care so deeply about this stuff as compared to guys who just slather on some JB Weld and call it a day...

I appreciate that.

I just hate to see hard work dismissed as easily as it is in the golf industry and especially how it relates with the MGS tests. No one asked Adam, Tony, Chris, or anyone else on staff to start poking around into this stuff, but they do it anyway because they have inquisitive minds and are willing to share their discoveries with the rest of the golf world who don't have a clue. I don't know any of those guys, but I absolutely appreciate what they do and share a similar mindset. I also appreciate what the OEMs do because making a consistent golf ball is stinkin' hard. If what came out from the Chromesoft report was the industry standard then I would say that's pretty darn awesome for a recreational good.

No surprises whatsoever with Titleists results.  I would however like to be able to know if the roughly 3% balls with concenteicity issues falls within Titleists accepted standards or if this is something that is just slipping through.  I'm going to guess it's the latter.  However, let's look at it this way.  And pardon the temporary DEEP dive into quality control.

From a DPPM standpoint (Defective Parts Per Million) that means for every 1 million golf balls produced, the current process produces 27,800 balls that are making it to external customers.  Without knowing the ins and outs of their operations, I couldn't begin to guess how many defective balls are caught in house, but by the basics of The Theory of Escaping Defects, it's not going to be much more than the 2.78% that make it to external customers versus internal customers (inspection points, next steps in the process, etc).  Again, applying an outside perspective, a DPPM of 2% is more than likely Titleist's goal for their ball production.  It could be 3% and thus they would be attaining their goal, but more than likely it's going to be 2%.   

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

No surprises here.
My buddy being on the TM payroll had me playing the TP5x for the past year as he sells them to me as cheap as could be.
But my putting has really been off during that time. Its not that the TP5x is hard as a rock or is the fault of my putting but its not what I'm used to seeing. Just couldn't improve my outting stats.
Two weeks ago I was out of balls and grabbed a few Pro V1s. Of course they felt great in all aspects but on the greens was a different story. Its as if I can feel the ball on the putter again. My putts made went through the roof.
To make sure it wasn't just a fluke. I did a putt off between the two and it wasn't a fluke. I putt far better with the Pro V1. And its not even close.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Don't get me wrong, I really like the ball testing, seeing what's inside, and how they stack up, to each other and to the competitors but, what will this really mean to me out on the course?  I'm an average level player who has scored some of my best rounds with low end balls and scored some of my worst rounds with top notch balls - and vice-versa. Try as I have, no particular ball has stood out as a clear match/advantage.  That said, I do tend to play ProV1 as much as any ball, but when I do grab another mid level make/model, I see no clear difference.  Well, I take that back... I will put the Nike MoJo squarely in the POS category.

If Tony's ball testing shows a mid level/price ball (tour class or not) that has high quality, consistency, and USGA compliance, that would get my attention.  We may all get surprised by what's to come.

I'm interested as well to see if they do some lower-tier balls, not just the "tour spec" level ones.

Granted, the true cost per dozen is going to be affected more on higher end balls, but I would be very interested to see things like the Q Star Tour down through the e6 or even some Top Flite Hammer Controls. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

38 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I'm interested as well to see if they do some lower-tier balls, not just the "tour spec" level ones.

Granted, the true cost per dozen is going to be affected more on higher end balls, but I would be very interested to see things like the Q Star Tour down through the e6 or even some Top Flite Hammer Controls. 

I had to go back through Tony's tweets to find it and even still, it doesn't appear to be all the balls.

Picture1.png.9d3a28e7a1a5da0c3e7e9c2cf659ed7a.png

• Bridgestone e12
  • Bridgestone e6
  • Bridgestone Tour B RX
  • Bridgestone Tour B RXS
  • Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bridgestone Tour B XS (due 9/16)
  • Callaway Chromesoft (released)
  • Callaway Chromesoft X
  • Callaway E.R.C. Soft
  • Callaway Supersoft
  • Cut DC
  • Kirkland 3-PC
  • Maxfli Tour
  • Mizuno RB Tour
  • Mizuno RB Tour X
  • Oncore Elixr
  • RZN HS-Tour
  • RZN MS-Tour
  • Snell MTB-X
  • Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Srixon Soft Feel
  • Srixon Z-Star
  • Srixon Z-Star XV
  • Taylormade Soft Response
  • Taylormade Tour Response
  • Taylormade TP5
  • Taylormade TP5 X
  • Titleist AVX
  • Titleist ProV1 (released)
  • Titleist ProV1x
  • Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
  • Titleist Tour Soft
  • Titleist Velocity
  • Vice Pro
  • Wilson Duo Soft
  • *Unmarked Wilson Golf Balls*

If you have Twitter and don't follow Tony, you really should consider it. It's enlightening. 

3 hours ago, AmishJason said:

No surprises whatsoever with Titleists results.  I would however like to be able to know if the roughly 3% balls with concenteicity issues falls within Titleists accepted standards or if this is something that is just slipping through.  I'm going to guess it's the latter.  However, let's look at it this way.  And pardon the temporary DEEP dive into quality control.

From a DPPM standpoint (Defective Parts Per Million) that means for every 1 million golf balls produced, the current process produces 27,800 balls that are making it to external customers.  Without knowing the ins and outs of their operations, I couldn't begin to guess how many defective balls are caught in house, but by the basics of The Theory of Escaping Defects, it's not going to be much more than the 2.78% that make it to external customers versus internal customers (inspection points, next steps in the process, etc).  Again, applying an outside perspective, a DPPM of 2% is more than likely Titleist's goal for their ball production.  It could be 3% and thus they would be attaining their goal, but more than likely it's going to be 2%.   

For a recreational good, those numbers look incredible to me. Obviously there is a lot of money in golf and if not for that, I doubt we could reasonably expect an OEM to achieve such high quality standards.

57 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I had to go back through Tony's tweets to find it and even still, it doesn't appear to be all the balls.

Picture1.png.9d3a28e7a1a5da0c3e7e9c2cf659ed7a.png

• Bridgestone e12
  • Bridgestone e6
  • Bridgestone Tour B RX
  • Bridgestone Tour B RXS
  • Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bridgestone Tour B XS (due 9/16)
  • Callaway Chromesoft (released)
  • Callaway Chromesoft X
  • Callaway E.R.C. Soft
  • Callaway Supersoft
  • Cut DC
  • Kirkland 3-PC
  • Maxfli Tour
  • Mizuno RB Tour
  • Mizuno RB Tour X
  • Oncore Elixr
  • RZN HS-Tour
  • RZN MS-Tour
  • Snell MTB-X
  • Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Srixon Soft Feel
  • Srixon Z-Star
  • Srixon Z-Star XV
  • Taylormade Soft Response
  • Taylormade Tour Response
  • Taylormade TP5
  • Taylormade TP5 X
  • Titleist AVX
  • Titleist ProV1 (released)
  • Titleist ProV1x
  • Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
  • Titleist Tour Soft
  • Titleist Velocity
  • Vice Pro
  • Wilson Duo Soft
  • *Unmarked Wilson Golf Balls*

If you have Twitter and don't follow Tony, you really should consider it. It's enlightening. 

Great news and glad to see a good cross-section of mid level (even some oft regarded as junk) balls being included.  This will really be fun to follow!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great news and glad to see a good cross-section of mid level (even some oft regarded as junk) balls being included.  This will really be fun to follow!

I don't see any "junk" in there. That selection is far heavily weighted towards higher end for sure, but it is nice to see some mid-tier included.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

I don't see any "junk" in there. That selection is far heavily weighted towards higher end for sure, but it is nice to see some mid-tier included.

Agreed. I'd play any of those balls on a par 3 over water. Haha

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

+1 to this.

Add in @TR1PTIK analogy to electrical circuits and that's what I'm looking for.

I don't need or want to pay 48 dollars (plus tax) for 12 golf balls.

We all know that there are "tiers" of balls - 
'tour level' 40+
'average' 30-40
'decent' 0-30

It's a shame that the first 2 blog posts were both tour level balls. Sure hope that the next few are for the average/decent range.
I'm okay if the core of my 3 piece ball is off center by 2 percent and it causes my shot to go offline 5 yards...I mean my swing is bad enough to cause that already. 😆

When I start shooting super low scores and have balls that last 2-3 rounds then maybe I can see the ROI for the tour level balls, but if I'm losing them at a semi-regular rate then there is no positive ROI.... even if I happen to save 1.29876 strokes and shoot a 78 instead of 79.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C