TESTERS WANTED! ×

300 yard drives or Never 3 putt?

Never 3 putt! I actually had that happen today!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Sign me up to never three putt. Putting is by far the worse part of my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

I would prefer to never 3 putt. My driver mid to short game are good. my long irons and putting are my weaknesses. That's why I decided not to go pro and stayed amateur when I was in playing in college. My putting has always struggled when I matters not so much when practicing or playing with friends. I was the last group for winning a national title with a par 18 to go I drive the green and 4 putted to lose by one stroke. Most embarrassing moment of my life at that time.

steelhead 9°, rbz 5w, ping awr 2 bc irons, isi irons, or nike vapor irons, cleveland 52°, 58°, 64° 2 ball putter.

There is always a catch when you make a deal with the devil. Make sure you read the EULA lmao. trudeau-n-the-devil-web-612x437.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

WITB

Driver: :srixon-small: Z785 , Hazardous 6.0 (Normal)

3 Wood: :srixon-small: F85 @ 13.5* Hazardous Red 6.0 (Stiff)

Driving Iron/Utility: :srixon-small: ZU85 2iron @ 18*

Irons: 5-PW, :cleveland-small: 588CB w/ TT S300's  (Stiff)

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 Satin, 50*/Mid, 56*/Mid and 60*/Low

Putter: :cleveland-small:Portofino

Bag: :srixon-small: Stand Bag

OK.....I voted earlier for 300 yard drives, I've changed my mind.  Since then  went out on an easy course in my area.  Through first 7 holes I had 4 pars, and 3.. 3 putt bogies.  I don't want to 3 putt anymore!!!!!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

How long is the course? 🤣 if I'm on a 6,000-6,500 yd course, 260 of the tee is perfectly adequate. Allow me a made up statistic that 70% of the game is played from 150yds and in... so if I 3 putt my score suffers whether I put it in the green side bunker of the tee, or stripped the fairway and have 50yds left. What separates the pros from amateurs is primarily number of putts. In short, I'll take zero 3 putts over 300yd drives any day. 

It's 90% Mental

11 minutes ago, DubiousPro said:

What separates the pros from amateurs is primarily number of putts. 

That separation isn't because of putting ability but because of length.  It puts shorter clubs in their hands so they end up with smaller dispersion patterns when hitting approaches.  They also have much better strategy when establishing aim points for those approach shots. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Might need to update to 400 yard drives or no 3 putts.... Hooooooooly20201023_184719.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Bryson of course lol.

I'd take 275 and one three putt myself, right now haha

I’ll take 275 and one three putt per round.  Seems like an even trade off?
That Bryson or you?

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Might need to update to 400 yard drives or no 3 putts.... Hooooooooly20201023_184719.jpeg

Good-ness. abf8e20e92eb371709ed831e2cbc4cb8.jpg.d572fda31645e4f539dc4b9cd4882d58.jpg

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

1 hour ago, Crowev01 said:

Good-ness. abf8e20e92eb371709ed831e2cbc4cb8.jpg.d572fda31645e4f539dc4b9cd4882d58.jpg

It’s only a matter of time.  The head dudes are not going to take to this very well.  Driver shaft limits or something will be addressed soon.  There’s 5-6 dudes on tour I can see getting to that 400 yard mark quite often, and a few more that won’t be too far behind. The 106-110mph swing guys will have one heck of a time keeping up when the big swarm of monsters comes up.

the game is evolving, and taking center stage is the ability to hit accurate... stupid long drives. At least for the PGA Tour.

Going to be an interesting few years.  They’ll ban gyms, and protein shakes next.

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s only a matter of time.  The head dudes are not going to take to this very well.  Driver shaft limits or something will be addressed soon.  There’s 5-6 dudes on tour I can see getting to that 400 yard mark quite often, and a few more that won’t be too far behind. The 106-110mph swing guys will have one heck of a time keeping up when the big swarm of monsters comes up.

the game is evolving, and taking center stage is the ability to hit accurate... stupid long drives. At least for the PGA Tour.

Going to be an interesting few years.  They’ll ban gyms, and protein shakes next.

Yeah the "arms race" is already getting out of hand. They will probably bifurcate like MLB, but I'm starting to think it almost might be fun. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

On 10/22/2020 at 7:52 PM, cnosil said:

That separation isn't because of putting ability but because of length.  It puts shorter clubs in their hands so they end up with smaller dispersion patterns when hitting approaches.  They also have much better strategy when establishing aim points for those approach shots. 

Very true. I'm not trying to argue that being closer to green doesn't help lower my score. I've driven greens and 4-putted. If I can't putt then doesn't matter how long I hit it in the game of golf. 

My point to the question was would I take length over being able to knock it in the hole in 2 strokes vs 3. Look up the average length of the first putt between pros vs ams, my source is a little loose; AimPoint creator. The take away from what I was trying to express is the make percent of pros vs ams from 15ft, 10ft, 5ft. We (ams) have some work to do on the greens over the driver. 

It's 90% Mental

The famous words have never rang more true. Putt for dough drive for show. The question is really relative to the person. Are you better at one or the other?? Me driving according to arccos is the best part of my game surprisingly. So for me like I have said before take my 3 putts away all day

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!