300 yard drives or Never 3 putt?

Our Sponsors

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I can retain my current accuracy, from an angular standpoint, I'd take 300 yard drives.  Gaining 50 yards or so would mean much shorter seconds, more greens, better proximity.  And with my current

Both of those would be extremely unusual for a 13-handicap, together it borders on statistical impossibility.  Unless your primary forum is at GolfWRX.  

I’d suggest you read up on some of the more recent course strategy models. Data analytics is showing that it is generally better to be longer than to lay back. Look at your dispersion pattern and if

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Might need to update to 400 yard drives or no 3 putts.... Hooooooooly20201023_184719.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good-ness. abf8e20e92eb371709ed831e2cbc4cb8.jpg.d572fda31645e4f539dc4b9cd4882d58.jpg

• Like 2

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

1 hour ago, Crowev01 said:

Good-ness. abf8e20e92eb371709ed831e2cbc4cb8.jpg.d572fda31645e4f539dc4b9cd4882d58.jpg

It’s only a matter of time.  The head dudes are not going to take to this very well.  Driver shaft limits or something will be addressed soon.  There’s 5-6 dudes on tour I can see getting to that 400 yard mark quite often, and a few more that won’t be too far behind. The 106-110mph swing guys will have one heck of a time keeping up when the big swarm of monsters comes up.

the game is evolving, and taking center stage is the ability to hit accurate... stupid long drives. At least for the PGA Tour.

Going to be an interesting few years.  They’ll ban gyms, and protein shakes next.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s only a matter of time.  The head dudes are not going to take to this very well.  Driver shaft limits or something will be addressed soon.  There’s 5-6 dudes on tour I can see getting to that 400 yard mark quite often, and a few more that won’t be too far behind. The 106-110mph swing guys will have one heck of a time keeping up when the big swarm of monsters comes up.

the game is evolving, and taking center stage is the ability to hit accurate... stupid long drives. At least for the PGA Tour.

Going to be an interesting few years.  They’ll ban gyms, and protein shakes next.

Yeah the "arms race" is already getting out of hand. They will probably bifurcate like MLB, but I'm starting to think it almost might be fun. 

• Like 1

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

On 10/22/2020 at 7:52 PM, cnosil said:

That separation isn't because of putting ability but because of length.  It puts shorter clubs in their hands so they end up with smaller dispersion patterns when hitting approaches.  They also have much better strategy when establishing aim points for those approach shots. 

Very true. I'm not trying to argue that being closer to green doesn't help lower my score. I've driven greens and 4-putted. If I can't putt then doesn't matter how long I hit it in the game of golf. 

My point to the question was would I take length over being able to knock it in the hole in 2 strokes vs 3. Look up the average length of the first putt between pros vs ams, my source is a little loose; AimPoint creator. The take away from what I was trying to express is the make percent of pros vs ams from 15ft, 10ft, 5ft. We (ams) have some work to do on the greens over the driver. 

• Like 1

It's 90% Mental

The famous words have never rang more true. Putt for dough drive for show. The question is really relative to the person. Are you better at one or the other?? Me driving according to arccos is the best part of my game surprisingly. So for me like I have said before take my 3 putts away all day

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸