TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Clubs.. replacing 14 yr/o knock offs SO EXCITED

CWilson216

I wasn't sure where else to post this so I hope it's correct, however this spot seemed viable. I have never been a serious golfer although I have thought about it for years. I never played many rounds, just outings and company events etc... Well, I decided this is the year to play more golf  (albeit the end) and I am jumping in and giving it my all. I need something and I am hoping golf will fill my void of a hobby. I currently have 14-15 year old PineMeadow knock offs and I despise them.  I purchased them when I didn't have the money and cut corners just to get something above the set in a box. I am sure you have all heard that story. I have no idea if they are correct or the quality of them.I am sure many of the issues are me and my lack of skill, however will soon have no excuses other than skill and practice / playing.  TOMORROW IS THE DAY! I am getting fitted for my first set of clubs and to say that I am excited is an understatement. My fitter has talked me into splitting it up into a few sessions (days) so I don't know what to expect tomorrow. 
I will report back soon, but I just wanted to share my excitement with fella's who would understand (my girl thinks I'm nuts)

Congrats on taking the leap into a fitting and new clubs. You'll be amazed at the improvements you'll see in distance and dispersion.

Doing a full bag fitting is challenging in one fitting. Both my wife and I have done it, but only because the fitter is an hour and forty minutes away.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

enjoy the ride man! i’m going through the same thing myself right now. 

i picked the game up a few months ago with my dads 22 year old irons. i’ve got a second iron fitting tomorrow. 

excited to see what you end up with 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Congrats on taking the leap into a fitting and new clubs. You'll be amazed at the improvements you'll see in distance and dispersion.

Doing a full bag fitting is challenging in one fitting. Both my wife and I have done it, but only because the fitter is an hour and forty minutes away.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks! I'm not quite that far away, but I am going to the same fitter as you did. 👍🏽

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

Splitting the fitting makes sense if you are doing the whole bag (irons, woods, wedges, putter) as that could take 3-4 hours. 

Unless you are in great physical condition and can keep swinging fine afterwards.

But it is definitely a great investment if you are going all-in with golf. Knowing that there is nothing wrong with the clubs is a confidence booster and allows you to focus on the other variables.

Good luck and let us know how what you end up getting!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

16 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

I wasn't sure where else to post this so I hope it's correct, however this spot seemed viable. I have never been a serious golfer although I have thought about it for years. I never played many rounds, just outings and company events etc... Well, I decided this is the year to play more golf  (albeit the end) and I am jumping in and giving it my all. I need something and I am hoping golf will fill my void of a hobby. I currently have 14-15 year old PineMeadow knock offs and I despise them.  I purchased them when I didn't have the money and cut corners just to get something above the set in a box. I am sure you have all heard that story. I have no idea if they are correct or the quality of them.I am sure many of the issues are me and my lack of skill, however will soon have no excuses other than skill and practice / playing.  TOMORROW IS THE DAY! I am getting fitted for my first set of clubs and to say that I am excited is an understatement. My fitter has talked me into splitting it up into a few sessions (days) so I don't know what to expect tomorrow. 

I will report back soon, but I just wanted to share my excitement with fella's who would understand (my girl thinks I'm nuts)

First, thank you for your service.

Congrats on getting fit, I hope you find a great set that you can enjoy.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

38 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

First, thank you for your service.

Congrats on getting fit, I hope you find a great set that you can enjoy.

+1. New clubs are exciting for all of us, hope you get a set you love.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Very happy for you - golf can be enjoyed in so many different ways. From social time with friends, to very serious competitive stuff, to I'm playing these clubs because I like the way they look and feel to I want what fits my swing and game regardless of where ever my eyes my roam. I do hope its the activity that fills your hobby void! 

Which branch of the service were you in and thank you for it!

Looking forward to hearing about the fitting and this was certainly a good spot to post your thread.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

18 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

Enjoy the fitting experience!!  

Watch out!!  Golf is not a hobby... it's a passion!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great move getting fit!  It can be a lot of fun!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Thank You all for the "Thanks" of Service. I appreciate it! Coincidentally, I was also a fire fighter in the Air Force.

First fitting day is in the books and to my surprise, I ended up with irons I didn't really expect.........

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal PRO with NS Pro Modus Tour120 (S) shafts and MCC+4 Align Grips with a double wrap 

Wedges... Mizuno T-20, same shaft and grips above with an M-Grind

This was a great experience! I hit just about every brand except Ping (I can expound on later if need be, but my fitter at the end of fitting suggested to pass on them). I tried many shafts as well (or so it seemed). It was so neat to feel the difference in shafts and to have the "one" put back in after "trying something new" and have a decent strike.

The top half of the bag comes next Thursday! It can't come soon enough.

awesome dude, stoked for you!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

14 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

awesome dude, stoked for you!

Thanks man! I am pretty stoked myself. Mizuno was on my radar but I figured it would be the regular Hot metals if any. I hit the pro's better which was odd. A few others I thought I would strike better didn't provide the results (Mavrik for one). 

My average carry with old 7i was 126 and the average for JPX921 HM Pro was 140

Great choice!!  I've been playing the Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro for a full year and love them.  Huge sweet spot and long.  Like you, I picked up a club and 1/2 distance.  You will be happy.

JimCee

TM SimMax driver: 9°, PX Smoke Yellow 6.0, 60gm

Cobra King F9 fairway: 14.5°, PX Smoke Yellow 6.0, 70gm

Cobra King F9 hybrid: 17°, PX EvenFlow Blue 6.0, 85gm

Adams Pro hybrid: 20°, TP Matrix Altus Ozik Stiff, 85gm

Mizuno JPX919 HMPro irons: 5-PW, PX LZ Steel 6.0

Mizuno S18 wedges: 49°, 53°, 57°, (61°), PX LZ Steel (6.0 - 5.5)

SeeMore Nashville One SS Black putter

Good luck with the rest of the fitting sounds like you have had a good experience so far. Enjoy all the new clubs.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Update:

Finished my bag fitting yesterday with woods and an attempt at hybrids (more on that later). I hit just about every driver except Ping. Ping has been hit extremely hard by Covid and their build times are months out. I am an impatient person and I can't see waiting that long when I have a few months of golf left. First, I hit my current driver. To be fair, for whatever reason, I hit it damn well and better than I have the last few weeks (tribute to my new orange whip maybe?) My first surprise was my swing speed. I have tried to slow down recently but I thought it would be higher. I have never seen my swing speed short of last week at the iron fitting and the driver speed yesterday humbled me and makes me want to improve it as well. So, having been fit with Mizuno irons, we first tried the ST200.

ST 200: Immediate impression was the sound. It was contrasty different than what I am used to and probably wasn't what I expected. I could get used to it, however it definitely jumped out at me. The next thing that stood out was how open the face was at address. Seemed 40* different than my current driver. Again, would get used to it however I was given some information later in the fitting that surprised me. I swung it okay, some shots left. some shots right a few shorter down the pipe.

Next up, Titleist TS2.....Pushed the first one slightly right, but was longer than all but one of my ST200 shots. However, a small adjustment to grip and I just took off. Started hitting them down the middle and fairly long (for my slower swing speed 🤦🏻‍♂️) My bad shots were not terrible and both my fitter and I feel practice and some lessons will work things out. The grouping was nice and combined with distance stood out from everything else.

Next up Mavrik......I think it was a Max, however the Trackman data just says Mavrik. It had the tightest dispersion but avg carry was 13 yards shorter than Titleist and only 2 yds greater than my current. Nothing bad to say about it and as I said, I was pretty much down the middle and only about 10yds L/R avg. Looking back on it now, I could game that driver and get my swing speed up and probably be happy hitting fairways. 

Sim Max: Not sure what to say here. Was the most sporadic and shortest. We were both surprised by it. I even paused to regroup for a minute or two and no help. Maybe it was the shaft it was paired with, maybe it was me or maybe it just wasn't the club for me.

It was at this point my fitter was pretty set on the TS2. For the sake of feeling satisfied and leaving no doubt, I asked to hit the Cobra SZ and new Big Bertha. I hit both decent but not up to the TS2 standard I set. 

The B21 is however the driver going into the fitting that I thought I might end up with. I have always considered myself a "slicer" What I learned today is I am a blocker. I don't hit slices, I hit bombs right 😂. I received some good input from my fitter about things and so much so I will probably drive the hour back to him for lessons. The B21 was good though! I loved the look of it and I could put a little more effort into it and not hit the next fairway right. However, the discussion about my desire to progress my swing left me feeling it was a driver I would potentially outgrow.

So there it is, Titleist TS2 driver and 3W. Tensei stiff shafts in each. 

Last thought, changed my irons by adding a 5 iron. I have struggled with current hybrids and don't mind hitting the 5. Added a Mizuno JPX 4 Hybrid. Since it's new, for whatever reason the fitter didn't have it yet. He was a bit disappointed in that, but it is what it is. So I added it blindly because its the same price as the JPX iron. I will try it and if I can't hit it, I will buy the Mavrik Pro 4 hybrid that I absolutely loved yesterday. It was twice the price....but damn accurate and I struck it so well! Hit 3 balls dead down the middle carrying 164. Maybe a tad short for 4 hybrid but I don't know how long I will be with the Mizuno's.

So there it is. For now my first set of name brand clubs will be in the bag soon. First fitting complete and I can't really imagine buying too many clubs without being fitted. Overall, a great experience and can't recommend Windmill Golf Center enough. It was worth the drive! This guy is so excited for new sticks and a few more months to play. I am open to questions / comments etc.... Thanks all to have commented so far!

6 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

Update:

Finished my bag fitting yesterday with woods and an attempt at hybrids (more on that later). I hit just about every driver except Ping. Ping has been hit extremely hard by Covid and their build times are months out. I am an impatient person and I can't see waiting that long when I have a few months of golf left. First, I hit my current driver. To be fair, for whatever reason, I hit it damn well and better than I have the last few weeks (tribute to my new orange whip maybe?) My first surprise was my swing speed. I have tried to slow down recently but I thought it would be higher. I have never seen my swing speed short of last week at the iron fitting and the driver speed yesterday humbled me and makes me want to improve it as well. So, having been fit with Mizuno irons, we first tried the ST200.

ST 200: Immediate impression was the sound. It was contrasty different than what I am used to and probably wasn't what I expected. I could get used to it, however it definitely jumped out at me. The next thing that stood out was how open the face was at address. Seemed 40* different than my current driver. Again, would get used to it however I was given some information later in the fitting that surprised me. I swung it okay, some shots left. some shots right a few shorter down the pipe.

Next up, Titleist TS2.....Pushed the first one slightly right, but was longer than all but one of my ST200 shots. However, a small adjustment to grip and I just took off. Started hitting them down the middle and fairly long (for my slower swing speed 🤦🏻‍♂️) My bad shots were not terrible and both my fitter and I feel practice and some lessons will work things out. The grouping was nice and combined with distance stood out from everything else.

Next up Mavrik......I think it was a Max, however the Trackman data just says Mavrik. It had the tightest dispersion but avg carry was 13 yards shorter than Titleist and only 2 yds greater than my current. Nothing bad to say about it and as I said, I was pretty much down the middle and only about 10yds L/R avg. Looking back on it now, I could game that driver and get my swing speed up and probably be happy hitting fairways. 

Sim Max: Not sure what to say here. Was the most sporadic and shortest. We were both surprised by it. I even paused to regroup for a minute or two and no help. Maybe it was the shaft it was paired with, maybe it was me or maybe it just wasn't the club for me.

It was at this point my fitter was pretty set on the TS2. For the sake of feeling satisfied and leaving no doubt, I asked to hit the Cobra SZ and new Big Bertha. I hit both decent but not up to the TS2 standard I set. 

The B21 is however the driver going into the fitting that I thought I might end up with. I have always considered myself a "slicer" What I learned today is I am a blocker. I don't hit slices, I hit bombs right 😂. I received some good input from my fitter about things and so much so I will probably drive the hour back to him for lessons. The B21 was good though! I loved the look of it and I could put a little more effort into it and not hit the next fairway right. However, the discussion about my desire to progress my swing left me feeling it was a driver I would potentially outgrow.

So there it is, Titleist TS2 driver and 3W. Tensei stiff shafts in each. 

Last thought, changed my irons by adding a 5 iron. I have struggled with current hybrids and don't mind hitting the 5. Added a Mizuno JPX 4 Hybrid. Since it's new, for whatever reason the fitter didn't have it yet. He was a bit disappointed in that, but it is what it is. So I added it blindly because its the same price as the JPX iron. I will try it and if I can't hit it, I will buy the Mavrik Pro 4 hybrid that I absolutely loved yesterday. It was twice the price....but damn accurate and I struck it so well! Hit 3 balls dead down the middle carrying 164. Maybe a tad short for 4 hybrid but I don't know how long I will be with the Mizuno's.

So there it is. For now my first set of name brand clubs will be in the bag soon. First fitting complete and I can't really imagine buying too many clubs without being fitted. Overall, a great experience and can't recommend Windmill Golf Center enough. It was worth the drive! This guy is so excited for new sticks and a few more months to play. I am open to questions / comments etc.... Thanks all to have commented so far!

From one former USAF and now volunteer FD member, welcome to the forum.  Sounds like you had a good fitting experience. I really liked the JPX as well even though I opted for the PING's.  Did they use the Mizuno Shaft Analyzer, a shaft frequency machine, both?  Have fun with the new arrows 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

31 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

From one former USAF and now volunteer FD member, welcome to the forum.  Sounds like you had a good fitting experience. I really liked the JPX as well even though I opted for the PING's.  Did they use the Mizuno Shaft Analyzer, a shaft frequency machine, both?  Have fun with the new arrows 👍.

My fitter did not use the Shaft Analyzer. I didn't ask about it either. He is listed as one of the Top 100 so I just figured I would go with the flow. 

Congrats on the new clubs! Don’t know where you are, but the Mizuno’s will be built in ATL, and hopefully won’t take too long to arrive!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member