Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, golfish! said:

Good luck to those applying. I will not be able to play as much golf due to my newborn so I will bow out of this one! 

Congrats, kids are awesome, even when they become teenagers,and hate everything. 

At least my 12 year old son, is getting to dislike everything 🤣

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Congrats, kids are awesome, even when they become teenagers,and hate everything. 

At least my 12 year old son, is getting to dislike everything 🤣

Haha yeah this is our second. Just waiting till both kids are old enough to join me on the course.

• Like 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Steve from Rio Verde, AZ. USA

Rife Hybrid Mallet Putter

Interested in Floki. It appears similar to what I’m used to. I like the stability of this type of putter. 

John from Round Mountain, Nevada

Black Lab BL-7 Center Shaft

Interested in the Tomcat 14.  I did the online fitting and that is what it recommended. Plus, it looks cool!

Cobra F8 - Evenflow Riptide 50g (S)

TEE EX10 3W - Fujikura Pro 65 (R)

TEE XCG V 5W - Matrix White Tie (R)

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 4 iron - Nippon 950GH (R)

Cobra F8 5 Hybrid - Fujikura Pro 75 (R)

Mizuno 919F 6-SW - Nippon 950GH (R)

Callaway MD4 60 degree

Black Lab BL-7 Center shaft "All In"

Dan from Dimondale, Michigan

I currently bag the PING CRAZ-E G2i 33”

I would really like to test the Let’s have because I really like the line, color and shape alignment aids designed into the CRAZ-E and feel the shape and 3 lines of the Ketch will work best for me.  I am a pretty good putter from 20’ in and from any distance on slow-to-moderate speed greens, but struggle with distance control from long range on fast greens... I’m looking to test a firmer faced face balanced mallet.

Doug / Highlands Ranch, Colorado / United States of America

Current Putter in Use: ODYSSSEY White Hot #5

Heppler Model of Interest: I am currently using an ODYSSSEY White Hot #5 putter. I find myself taking a practice swing and then adjusting the face based on my follow through. This club adjusting tactic has helped me tremendously, BUT I feel that a club like the Heppler Tomcat 14 or Fetch, with various alignment cues, could dramatically increase my accuracy.

Edited by HotIce
  • Driver: default_taylormade-small.jpgM1 450
  • Fairway: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg i25 #3 
  • Irons: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg G Max (#5, 6, 7, 8, 9, W)
  • Wedges: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg Tour-S 52 & 56 Degree
  •                   default_callaway-small.jpg.ae8c01d5b99b318879ce60f833a6e5ed.jpg MD-3 Milled S-Grind 60 Degree 
  •                   default_callaway-small.jpg Mack Daddy M-Grind 64 Degree
  • Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.de8760986d210e135ee954aba8648771.jpg White Hot #5

Hi, I'm Brian and I'm a golf-aholic. From Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.

My current putter is an Odyssey White Hot Pro Number 1. 

Several of the models interest me, but the one that rises to the top is the tyne 3. I prefer a slight arc to straight since i feel I can personally repeat the motion. Plus while other options have longer alignment lines, most of them have some aspect or another that hinders allignment to my eyes (e.g. the Ketsch's underplate). The Tyne has a really easy design for framing the ball and creating a solid, consistent, forgiving strike. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons. 

Assorted wedges.

Odyssey White Hot Pro putter.

Lance - Millersville, Maryland - USA

Tommy Armour Impact Series No. 3 Alignment Putter - 34"

Tyne 3 - I seem to see the line better because of the space provided between the tynes. It creates a nice ball wide visual of the target line.

Thanks for the invite!

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Spencer Luckman 

Salisbury, England 

currently use odyssey 10. I tried the sigma 2 fetch But found it too soft off the face which is a shame as I loved everything else about it. would love to try it in the Heppler model. 

12 minutes ago, golfish! said:

Haha yeah this is our second. Just waiting till both kids are old enough to join me on the course.

My son has in a way lost the interest of being out there, he used to go out with me for every round I played, nowadays he only goes out when I play later in the day, I get him, it is not fun to get up at 6 am when you are 12.

Im hoping he will caught the full blown golf bug again. 

The most fun I ever have with the course, is when he is with me. 

Enjoy, it might not seem like, between the diaper changes and 3 am feedings, they grow up too fast. 

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Andrew, Bedford, UK

Odyssey O-Works Marxman

I'm interested in the Piper. I've tried all sorts of putter styles but never a mid mallet. The design from the picture looks like it would suit my eye at address. I tend to go for a firmer feel (the Odyssey is the softest putter head I've had) so the Hepler design appeals to me. Leftie but can also putt rightie.

Edited by singleta

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

• Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Would like to try piper C, currently losing strokes with my odyssey stroke lab

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Congrats!! 

Thank you! 

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

4 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

My son has in a way lost the interest of being out there, he used to go out with me for every round I played, nowadays he only goes out when I play later in the day, I get him, it is not fun to get up at 6 am when you are 12.

Im hoping he will caught the full blown golf bug again. 

The most fun I ever have with the course, is when he is with me. 

Enjoy, it might not seem like, between the diaper changes and 3 am feedings, they grow up too fast. 

For sure I know I won't be able to hold them for too long unless they end up really loving it. 

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Testers Wanted (4)

Want to be a Tester

• Current Putter in Use

Ed/Charlottesville VA

taylor Made Mallet

would like to test the Anser

Rob/Jefferson/GA/USA

Ping Sigma2 Anser

Tomcat 14: Would like to give a Mallet a try, looking for more forgiveness and more feeling on the face. The Sigma2 line is great but the face may be a little too soft, would like to try something that gives a little more feedback as far as feel goes.

Micah Boles

Valley Mills, TX

Scotty Cameron Napa

Interested in the ZB3. I previously used used an Odyssey #8 white hot. I switched to the SC Nap looking for a firmer feel. Feel is a maybe a little too firm, would like to test the ZB3 and see the difference.