Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

Forrest/ Georgetown, TX.

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Tomcat 14 is probably the best fit for my putting stroke with a slight arc. The adjustable shaft is a novel idea allowing for customizing the putter by the player. The MOI of the putter is also high which should add to the playability of the putter. Look forward to the experience if given the opportunity.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

• Jeffrey / Wellfleet / USA
  • Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2.5
  • Answer 2, I have always wanted to try the style that is said to have started it all

Titleist 909 D2- 9.5 - OZIK XCon-5 S

Titleist 910 Fd - 15 - Diamana Kai'il 75 S

Titleist 585-H - 17 

Titleist AP2 714

Titleist Vokey SM7 - 50-08F / 54-08M / 58-14K

Titleist Scotty Camron - Studio Design 2.5

Titleist AVX

Rick, Houston,  TX  ,USA

Ping Ti Anser WRX

It's got to be the Anser. I have 5 of them and would like to compare against them 

This week`s Starting Line-Up:

B-Stone J815 w/ Fubuki ZT 60, Stiff
B-Stone J15 3 & 5 w/Fubuki ZT 75, Stiff
910H 21* w/ Diamana, Stiff
B-Stone J15 Cavity 4 Iron w/ Steelfiber i95, Stiff (either/or w/ hybrid)
B-Stone J40 Combo set w/ Steelfiber i95, Stiff, 5 - Pw
52* & 58* Vokey SM5's (Evaluating 52*,56*,60* Clevelands)
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

Vaughn/Riverton, UT/USA

TaylorMade Spider X Copper

Tomcat 14 because it’s similar to my current putter but the double dotted line alignment seems to be more effective than a single line  

• Nick P /Cornwall /Uk
  • scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5
  •  Tyne or other mallet-  I love my Scotty but the aluminum face is very firm.  Interested in trying something with a softer face and with a high MOI 

First Name/City State/Country

Mike/Noblesville,IN/US

Current Putter in Use

Ping Oslo (Slight Arc)

Check out all the models, and tell us which one interests you and why?

I would chose the Tyne 3.  I feel that it is very close to what I currently use and believe it will be the best chance for success.  I was fit for my putter and talking with our local rep when these first launched, we determined this would be the best one to compare.  One of the main reason I would love to be a part of this test is I want to find out if getting rid of True Roll was the right move for the amateurs.  I'd love to fully dive into it and more with this line of putters!

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Montie Labadie (10 handicap)

Vero Beach, FL

Current putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 5S

Ping Piper C

Presently use a center shafted putter and gave for a while.

Center shafted putters work well with my straight back, straight thru. I like the parallel alignment lines. Good visuals.

Like the look of the Piper C. somewhat reminiscent of one of my previous Rossie putters.

Would be honored to be selected.

Brad/Kitty Hawk, NC/USA

My current putter is the Odyssey Marksman and optional PXG Bat Attack.

I would like to demo the Ping Tomcat 14. From a looks standpoint it resembles a combination of the Odyssey 2 ball SRT and the Taylormade Spyder. There are

no Ping dealers within 75 miles of me. The Tomcat looks to fit my straight back stroke and the heavier weight would probably help.

• Henry/Cedar Park, TX/USA
  • Odyssey M330 Milled Mid-Mallet
  • I like the Tyne 3 with the Ping PP61 Grip; I've always liked that style of putter, with the toe and heal arms that stretch back, creating that higher MOI. But I've never allocated any money to change my putter. I've always looked to spend money on newer game improvement drivers, woods, or irons. Because I've always felt more comfortable with mid-mallet putters, I also like the Piper C. But I would really like to change things up and try something new to see how it works for my swing.

In my  :callaway-small: 2018 Org14 Cart Bag I have:

:callaway-small: Custom Big Bertha 2014 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon FUBUKI zt 60-R

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Fairway 3W 15° & 5W 18°, Project X Even Flow 65-R

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid 20° (-1° set to 19°), Fujikura Speeder 865 R

:callaway-small: 2019 Big Bertha 4-PW, AW, UST Mamiya Recoil ZT9 460 Graphite

:callaway-small: 2019 PM Grind Tour Grey 56/14

:odyssey-small: 330M Metal X Milled, weighted steel shaft, cut down to 30 inches, GP Tour SNSR grip

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft Yellow, Triple Track, Truvis or Supersoft

20 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Frank/Jerome,MI/USA

2 ball

blade with the white line.  The look does it for me,

10 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Honestly, I have only been out to the driving range a couple of times other than swings and putting in the house while the newborn sleeps lol. I have been planning to go out to either links of taylor/taylor meadows or the muni right here by walmart but something always seems to come up. 

Full disclosure: If I were to be so blessed as to be chosen for one of these putters, that would be the kick in the rear to get out and get test, compare and give a thorough review. Thank you for consideration MGS.

It is all good Matt, the first few months of little ones are a little challenging, or on our case years, my wife and I did not eat out for the first 3 years of our youngster's life, he could not stand restaurants.

The Southgate southwinds course is ok, it is great for a quick round. We play their 18 holes in about 2 hours, as they are mostly par 3s.

Lakes of Taylor is an awesome course, I have not played there in a couple of years, but hey are great.

My buddy and I play Taylor Meadows almost every week, you are more than welcomed to join us, when you have a chance.

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Glen K in Bath, Mi

Cleveland Smart Square mallet

Interested in the heppler floki, since it's most like my current putter - medium large mallet and allows for a strong arc which I have.

Glen

From Michigan

Driver: Wilson C300 12* UST VTS Black 7X shaft

3W: Ping G410 with Ping Tour Stiff Shaft

5W: Maltbly Tour TC with UST V2 Shaft in Stiff

Hybrid: Adams Pro 23*

Irons: Hogan PTX

Wedges Cleveleand RTX3 CB 48* & Eidolon 51*, 54*, 57*

Putter: Edel Mallet