Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Walt/Mt. Laurel, NJ/USA

Odessey White Hot Pro (Mallet)

They're all smart-looking! Contrasting Black & Copper (close to USMA colors). I'm leaning towards the Piper C or the Piper Armlock ( 2nd from the left) but will go with what ever helps me eliminating the dreaded 3 putt.

• Adam - East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada
  • Taylormade rosa
  • Tomcat 14 - Ive always played a blade style putter, and ive been looking at putters lately in the mallet style for just a bit more foregiveness
22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Curtis Scott

Kingsville Ontario Canada

Ping Sigma G

Tomcat 14- I use a mid mallet and would like to try a full mallet for better consistency. Focus alot on my putting game and work to keep it under 33 per round. i feel this putter could improve 1-2 strokes per round.

Max / London / UK

Odyssey Versa 2-ball

Interested in the Tomcat 14 for maximum MOI as I struggle with a heel strike sometimes and like a heavy head.

Mizuno EZ 10.5 Driver

Taylormade M2 2016 3 Wood

Taylormade SLDR 3 Hybrid

Taylormade M2 2017 4 Hybrid

Callaway RAZR X 4-PW

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 CB 50, 60

Cleveland 588 DSG 56

Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Stephen Cunningham/Madison, AL/ USA.

Scotty Cameron pro platinum Newport 2

The answer 2 fits my eye but I’m also interested in the mid mallets if they would help my consistency. The Floki and Tomcat 14 look good to me.
I am right handed and right eye dominant so sometimes I struggle with missing putts to the right. The copper/black color scheme looks like it would help me “square up” to the target. I wonder if the longer site lines on the floki or Tomcat 14 would help me also. I’ve really started to geek out with putting lately. I got a laser to test my alignment with different putter types and I have a few mats and target devices to test speed. I hope for the opportunity to test these putters.

Thank you My Golf Spy for offering this to members! 

Driver: Taylormade M3 440cc 9* 45.25" Diamana D+ 70 x-flex

3w - Taylormade RBZ stage 2 tour 14.5* Fujikura 70 s-flex std length

Hybrid - Mizuno JPX 850 s-flex std length. 

Irons: Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-PW. Project X 6.5 flighted shafts ⅜" gapping. 39.25" 5 iron 2* upright

Wedges- Titlist Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59* 2* upright

Putter - Machine M10 adjuster, no sight line. 35.5"

Jason/Rotonda West, FL, USA

Taylor Made Spider Original

Heppler Ketch.  I like the lines.  I need a putter with lines.  

Jason

Ping G410 LST 10.5 VA Composites Drago

Callaway EF SZ 5W  VA Composites Drago

Callaway BB 3 hybrid Oban Revenge 

Callaway BB 4 hybrid Oban Revenge

Callaway 5-AW Aerotec Steelfiber I95

Vokey SM 7 Raw 52, 56, 60, 62 (bent to 64) Aerotec Steelfiber I95

Taylor Made Spider Original 33 inches

• Derek / West Seneca NY / USA
  • Pinemeadow Z-ON M1 with steel shaft and original grip
  • Most interested in the mallet designs because of the alignment guide.  With my pendular swing I actually watch the top of the putter and keep a consistent line sight throughout the arc.
    • Ketsch and Tomcat 14 have the most similar shape to the Pinemeadow Z-ON M1 I am used to
    • Floki and Ketsch have a good sight line length
    • Fetch would be my idea of the minimum head size but it lacks a line but the sides between the black center would be "minimal" for my sight picture
    • Tyne 3 would be the shortest line length but the back contributes to the sight picture
    • Though smaller head size than I prefer the Piper (armlock) has the offset shaft I much prefer, not a fan of the Piper C center shaft attachment point
Edited by EasyPutter
grammar

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

2020: tested BirdiePutt PuttUp mat

Matt, Oakley California. 
Taylor made Spider Limited

Interested in the Anser 2. Very curious to try a former feel and see how a blade would change things around the green. 

10.5 Cobra King F6+ Driver
Cobra Speedzone 3 wood

Taylormade R15 3hy

Mizuno JPX EZ Forge 4-GW

RTX 2.0 56 and 60

Taylormade Spider Limited Putter

Whatever golf ball I can find

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

James /Manchester/ UK- currently on old hippo blade putter, would love to try the ping tomcat 14!

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic