Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Golfspy_CG2

Andy / Seattle, WA/ USA

Ping Scottsdale TR Tatum

Tyne 3, like that it is a high moi putter but with the color contrast, it gives off a blade type look.  Also interested in seeing how ball will roll with a flat face vs Ping's previous TR groove technology.

DR: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5*

3H & 4H: Honma 737 UT

4i: Honma 535 Bezeal

Irons 5-PW: Bridgestone HF2

GW: Cleveland CBX 50*

SW: Bettinardi H2 303SS

Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Tatum

Marvin/Albuquerque, NM/USA

Ping G5i MINI C

Anser 2.    Ping fit recommends the Sigma 2 Kushin C Platinum.   I like my current putter and Anser 2 seems to be the closest design.

Edited by Par10
Update why I chose the Anser 2

• Patrick/Farmington Hills, MI/ USA
  • Scotty Cameron Futura 5mb
  • I would like to try the Ping Anser 2 because i would like to try a blade putter after using mallets for most of my life. I’ve always wanted to try the anser, and this one looks great. 

Joseph M. Westfield, NJ

Scotty - SquareBack 1.5

Tomcat 14. Have always gamed a blade, but have been thinking about making the switch to a mallet style putter. This design really caught my eye and it may be time to pull the trigger and make the move away from the Blade style putter.

• Geoff / Grand Rapids Michigan / USA
  • Toulon Columbus Putter
  • Floki, I am looking for a mallet style putter with alignment aids that allows for a arcing stroke. Most on the market i have seenare insert putters which are too soft for my liking. I enjoy the click from firm putters. 

Ping G400

Taylormader Burn 3w

Sub 70 699U 2i

Sub70 4-PW 639 CB

Sub70 50*
Taylormade 56* R series

Taylormade 64* hi-toe

Jeff:  Homer Glen, Illinois USA

Lab Golf Directed Force Black Reno 2.1 - 67* lie angle and 34" long (but may be different next week).

Heppler Tomcat 14 - I own roughly 50 putters.  From Bettinardi to Bloodline to Axis1.  I am never too proud to put something into play that will help me get the ball in the hole regardless of the look or the "looks".  This putter has interested me since the first time I saw it.  Love the alignment aid.  Love the adjustability.  Love the overall look, especially for my straight back and straight through stroke.  Not sure about the "feel" but I would love to take it out and give it a chance on real greens.  Haven't had a Ping in the bag since my old beryllium Anser.  

Landon McGaheysville, VA USA

Odyssey White Hot XG 7

Fetch. I've always found the visual of a ball shape behind the face to help me align the putt.

Scott/Avon, IN, USA

Odyssey O Works #9

Tomcat 14, looks very similar to a Spider which I have had some interest in. Little different than my current setup, but did have a 2 ball before my current putter.

I'm from Indianapolis, IN now living in Avon, I'm about a 12 handicap and have been playing for about 25 years-ish. I played in High School, but didn't take it too seriously, wishing I had now, lol. Now with 2 young kids, I get to play about once a week, and try to hit the range one other time a week. I'm kind of obsessed again right now and just want to improve, bought my irons in August after playing TM Burners for 10+ years, I have the P770's on order, got to use the Golf Galaxy 90 day play to return the 790's and get the 770's and they let me keep them until the 770's come in, though I don't think they thought it would be November before that happened😄 Have downloaded the 18 Birdies app, and have really enjoyed both the GPS and online instruction tools. Love listening to NPG and reading all of the reviews. 

Driver: Callaway Diablo Octane 9 Deg, with a Project X 6.0 Stiff Flex Shaft

3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Octane 15 Deg, with a Stiff Flex Shaft

TaylorMade Driving Iron: Hazardous Smoke Yellow Still Flex Shaft

Irons 3-PW: 2019 TaylorMade P790 Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX 3: 52 Deg Mid Bounce S400 Shaft

Cleveland RTX 4: 56 Deg Mid Bounce S400 Shaft

Odyssey O Works #9 Putter Super Stoke Grip

Titleist Pro V1, because a course near me sells them in mint condition used for $30 a dozen. Also really enjoyed the Snell MTB Black golf ball.

Jeff, London, Ontario Canada

Odyssey White Hot #4 (ancient with some lead tape)

I'm interested in the Anser 2 or ZB3 as that matches my current style although I'm intrigued by the Piper C as a center shafted putter.

Mizuno ST190, Maltby 4 Hybrid, Maltby 2 FDI, Srixon Z965 5-PW, Maltby 52, Vokey SM7 56, 60, Odyssey White hot #4.

John R. from Murrells Inlet, South Carolina.

I currently use a 20 yr old Odyssey White Hot Rossie.

I am interested in trying the Ketsch or the Tomcat 14. I think the alignment aids and the high MOI could really help me.

Dianna Armstrong/sarasota/florida

top flight came with my beginner set

I think the Ketsch will be the best for me to help with my putting. I'm still a beginner and getting use to reading the lie of the ball once on the green and feel that the 3 alignment lines will help me master this.

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic