Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

Rod/Kalamazoo, MI/USA

Currently gaming the Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

I'm most interested in the Tomcat 14 because I've been curious about extreme MOI putters for some time, and the Tomcat's alignment dots make it even more intriguing.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

23 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Good luck everyone. One thing I find interesting about this putter and some of the other Ping putters is the adjustable length.

Started with Ping Darby Mallet and now use the Ping 1-A which is balanced with great feel and every one likes the tuning fork Ping sound it makes striking the ball. The Heppler Ketsch is a club with feel and I consider it a stop lookin' and start cookin' winner of choice. 

Seth from Bethesda MD, USA

Currently using a Tommy Armour Impact No.3

I'm interested in the Tomcat 14 or the Tyne 3.  I miss the quality of my Ping Ketch 2.0 but much prefer the shape of those two.

Harry / Akron OH / USA

Current putter : Odyssey Stroke Lab #7 (not S) 35" with stock pistol grip.

I would love to try the Tomcat 14 putter due to the highest MOI 370g!? My #7 putter has 365g head but due to the lighter shaft I think they will play similarly as to the stroke feel (swing weight).

My initial favorite was the Tyne3 due to the similar visual of my ODY #7 putter, but I am a straight stroke putter and I'm assuming Tyner is a slight toe hang putter because the website says it's for a slight arc putters.

I love the idea of adjustable shaft length! I hope Ping thought about the change in swing weight as the shaft becomes longer. I would love to play with it!

Pick ME!

On 9/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

David Tomsett

• Phill/Dawsonville GA/US
  • Odyssey Rossie
  • Piper C - It will fit my Straight stroke path and reminds me of my Rossie.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Ping G400 Max 9* Regular graphite

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Dawsonville, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

On 9/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Glenn/Deopham/United Kingdom

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Tomcat 14, looking to change to a mallet and it looks great, and looking for MOI

Gary Duncan, Belfry, KY, USA

Odyssey Stroke Lab CS mallet putter

Ping Piper C

I had recently purchased the Odyssey CS putter and have been pleasantly pleased with the performance of this putter.  The Ping Piper C by it's product description is just the type of putter I have been wanting to investigate.  The center shaft design has traits that I find fits my putting stroke and I would like to try another manufacturers design. 

Hokie Golf Nut

• Larson Bozeman Montana USA
  • Odyssey White Hot Pro 9
  • The ZB3 in 34.5" because I arc the club when I putt and according to the fit tool it is what closest matches my swing style.

Cobra Amp Driver, Cobra Amp 3 Wood

Taylormade Tour Burner Irons 4-PW

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey White Hot Pro #9

Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States

I'm actually in flux with my putter at the moment. For the past 10 years I've been using a Ping Answer, but lately I started feeling that it was a little too soft on the longer putts (my approach game has been a little off, so I'm leaving myself more 15+ footers). So, I put my old Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant. I'd love to give this new ping a shot as the answer served me very well for quite a while - after all, it was the one that supplanted the Cameron to start with!  

Best of luck to all who apply! 

Jon Rockwall, Texas USA

Piretti Matera Elite

Piper Armlock; I prefer a wider mid mallet or double wide blade style putter and have been wanting to try a longer putter to use with the armlock style to see if this can help with the consistency of my putts.

Pete. Coon Rapids Minnesota. USA

Ben Hogan Bettinardi Big Ben

Would love to test the Piper C    Have always used center shafted putters and looking for something to kick Big Ben out of the Bag

1. Clay 

2. Greenville, S.C. USA 

3. TaylorMade Ghost Daytona 

4. Tomcat or Tyne mallet. I’ve used a blade for years now, and have often wondered if the larger head and increased stability of a mallet will create more consistent contact, particularly on putts inside 15 feet. 

Evan, Rumney NH, USA

PING Karsten Series Anser

I would like to try the Tyne 3. Been looking to try a move to a mallet style putter. I have always played with a blade, but would love to see if the forgiveness helps me get the ball rolling better, I have been struggling lately. I think this would be a great comparison since the Anser I have is also a simple flat face, same as the Heppler line. If selected I think it would make for a great comparison.

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

• Richie/Chicago, IL/ USA
  • Odyssey 2-ball
  • I am interested in the Ping Floki. I love my mallet style putter and am in the market for a new one. Looking for a good weight balance. Would be open to trying a blade putter to. Whatever helps me get the ball in the cup!