Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Nathan, Waterford, Mi. USA
  • Current Putter in Use - Odyssey Sabertooth Putter
  • Tell us which one interests you and why?  Tomcat 14. It is somewhat similar to my existing putter and I think the runway dots would help keep me aligned with hitting the center of the ball.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Chris - Glasgow Scotland

currently using - Scotty Cameron Futura 5r

Model interested in - Anser 2...why?  I’ve just been told I have a slight arc stroke and I’m using a face balanced mallet so want to see what the difference will be using this.

Luke Singh/ Winnipeg, Manitoba/ Canada 

Scotty Cameron select roundback

interested in the ping piper armlock

want to test to see how it compares to my Scotty and how it rolls the ball and the confidence I have feeling over the ball with the putter.

I use an old Ping Anser and have done for years I would like to try the Tomcat because it’s very like the Taylormade Spider. It would be interesting to see the difference on the putting green.

David Tomsett

Sean/Rocky Mtn. House AB. Canada

I currently use a Tayloremade White Smoke Blade putter

I am interested in testing the ANSER 2. I have always used a blade, mallets feel to bulky and never seem to suit my eye. That doesn't stop me from trying them out every once and awhile though.

• Dan /Brentwood, Essex/United Kingdom
  • Current Putter in Use: Wilson Staff Infinite Loop - On your review I might add.
  • Love the Fetch immediately - Looking at a safer feel and look behind the ball with more weight distribution to take the pressure off. The Piper C and Floki caught my eye as potential as well. Same reason as above. Lovely looks.

Kurt/Toledo, Ohio/USA

Currently playing a ping anser from the 80's

Interested in the ping Anser 2, I prefer blade puttters with firm feel.  I tried a ping sigma 2 anser platinum but it was too soft of a feel for me.

• Jim Roseville, CA USA
  • Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • Tomcat- I have never been a mallet putter and it says it works with a slight arc swing

Driver: Titleist TS2 8.5*/ Fujikura  Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7 x stiff
Fairway: Titleist TS2 13.5*/ Fujikura Speeder 857 TR x stiff
Fairway: Titleist TS2 18*/ Fujikura Speeder 869 Evolution TS 8.2 stiff
Hybrid/ Driving Iron: Titleist TS3 21*/ Fujikura Speeder 869 Evolution TS  x stiff
Irons: Titleist  T200 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120 Stiff
Wedges: Vokey SM8 48*F/ TT DG s200
Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200
Wedges: Vokey SM8 58*D/ TT DG s200
Putter: Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"
Ball: Titleist Pro Pro V1

• Jeff/Southlake TX/USA
  • Ray Cook Blue Goose
  • Floki

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: Ray Cook Blue Goose or Tour Edge HP #10 Red
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Kevin/Costa Mesa, Ca./U.S.A.

Toulon / Las Vegas

The Fetch looks interesting to me. Also Tomcat 14 (really like the runway dots) Both good face balance to slight arc, solid MOI and fit into my Quintic fitting results.

Steve W.    Cave Creek, AZ, USA

Odyssey White Hot #2 with Superstroke counterbalance grip 50 gram

Tomcat 14

I would like to try a mallet style putter with slightly less arc and more weight than my current putter. 

Rock

• Paul/Nashua NH/USA
  • Old Golf Pride Arnold Palmer
  • I like the Fetch as I would like some forgiveness on my putts.  I just joined the Ping family with Irons and Woods and need to add a putter to my bag.  This is a great way to test and determine what suits me best.

Erik, Denver, Colorado, US

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Straight (Face Balanced)

Either Tomcat 14 or Ketsch Straight Arcs   I really would like to try a more traditional mallet and try other alignment setups with side lines as opposed to only a centerline. I also love the idea of the harder hit as it may be more consistent of a distance.

• Tyler  San Antonio Florida USA
  • Piretti Cottonwood II
  • Floki w/PP61 grip. It looks to have the correct arch profile with the mallet forgiveness and stability. 

Driver::taylormade-small: M5 Diamana D+ 60 TX

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: M4 Tensei Pro White 70 TX

Utility: :srixon-small: U85 19 REcoil 110

Irons::srixon-small: 765 4-P KBS $-Taper 125

Wedges: :srixon-small: 785 51 KBS Tour, :cleveland-small: RTX4 55 and 59 DG TI S400

Putter: Piretti Cottonwood II

Ball:  :titelist-small: PRO V1

Bag::titelist-small: Hybrid 5

Range Finder::918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Pro

Tad/Warsaw, IN/USA

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Interested in ZB3. Looking for something with a slightly different design than my Newport 2 and has a little more weight.