Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

Joe/Cary, NC/USA

Currently use an Odyssey White Hot Fang putter.

I’m interested in the Tomcat 14. I recently made the switch from blade to mallet style putters, and I’m very interested to see if the alignment visual aids and heavier head weight help me work on my consistency 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Chris / Estevan, Saskatchwean/ Canada

Ping Vault 2.0 Anser / odyssey white hot 2 ball(currently debating a switch)

Tomcat 14, looking for a balance between long and short putting, Anser has been great but the 2 ball has improved my shot putting dramatically.

Sharon/Albuquerque,NM/USA

PING SIGMA TYNE 2 w BGT Stability Shaft

FETCH or TYNE 3

Mavrik Max Driver

Cobra F8 5&7 Fairway Woods

Ping H30 410 Hybrid

Ping i210 Iris 6 thru Gap

Ping Glide Wedges 56/12; 58/14; 58/8

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne w BGT Stability Shaft

On 9/10/2020 at 7:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Philip Johanson / Walla Walla, Washington / USA

• Taylor Made Berwick (mallet)

I am most interested in the Ketsch putter.

Tony, Mint Hill NC USA

current putter Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum (circa 2000)

interested in Tomcat

want “futuristic” look, like defined lines as shown & looks fun to use & an adjustable shaft VERY interesting concept

Loads of good “former” but now resigned to today’s reality. 

• Julian
  • Los Angeles, CA US
  • Current putter: 2004 Cleveland 304 soft steel
  • Interested in Piper C: I'm a fairly good/consistent straight line putter but realized I've been adjusting my swing to putter. Piper C's design would better match my swing

Tom. Malden, MA. US

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Santa Fe

ZB3. It's the closest design to the putter I have now, so I think it would make for a good comparison test.

Ping G400 10.5* Tour 70s
Taylormade Rescue 11 TP 18* GD Tour AD UT 95x
Mizuno MP-25 5-6i Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP-4 7-pw Project X LZ 6.5
Vokey SM6 Raw 52F-58K DG s200
Scotty Cameron Te3 Santa Fe
Srixon Z-Star

On 9/10/2020 at 8:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

• Steve/Boise Idaho/ United States
  • Current Putter in Use: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • Which one interests me and why? The Tomcat 14 because I like the look, it appears it would feel balanced and heavy, which is what I prefer from a putter.

Dave

Leawood, Ks.

Scotty Cameron Squareback

Ping Tyne 3 

Slight arc putter and I prefer the forgiveness

of a mallet with a greater MOI.

Edited by princess57
Finish

Christian / Oceanside Ca/ USA

Taylormade Spyder Tour

I'd love to test the ZB3 because is has my absolute favorite neck of all time.  That short neck is impossible to find on any current Left Handed model putters (including Cameron's).  The only model I know of with that neck is my old Ping Anser 4, which I still own and gamed back in high school. 

• Titleist TS2 9.5 - HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 70g
  • Titleist 917Fd 3 Wood 13.5 - Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec
  • Titleist 816 H2 19* Hybrid - Speeder HB Tour Spec
  • Titeist 714 MB Irons - KBS Tour V X Stiff
  • Vokey SM6 60* K Grind
  • Vokey SM6 56* M Grind
  • Vokey SM4 52*
  • TaylorMade Spyder Tour
  • TaylorMade TP5x Ball

Ben/Simcoe,ON/Canada

Taylormade Chaska

Piper C/ Fetch

Straight line putting stroke.  Switched from  a Scotty a few years ago to a face balanced putter.  Interested in the “firm feel”.

Krank 7.5 Degree Formula X

P790 Udi 2 iron bent 2 strong

4-Pw mp-18

t-20 50

mack daddy 3 56, 60

Bobby/ Raleigh NC / USA

Scotty Cameron GoLo3

I am most interested in the Piper C. I have not been able to try a center shaft on the course. The Piper C is the closest design to my current putter and I would like to see if the adjustment in shaft placement would improve alignment and stroke. 

Eric, Chattanooga, TN, US

Scotty Cameron Phantom x5.5

I’d like to test the Tyne 3. I’ve always felt comfortable with mallets, and like the “fang” design most of all. My SC Phantom x5.5 has too much toe-hang and not enough offset, so I struggle to keep the face square throughout my stroke. I believe that the Tyne 3 will suit my putting stroke much more closely, as I tend to have a slight arc, to square motion, while maintaining the look I want in a putter. Thank you!

Eric

Greg - West Des Moines, IA, USA

Currently use the Scotty Special Select Squareback 2.

Would test any of the slight arc putters, but the Anser 2 or Piper C would be most similar to what I play now.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X