Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

• Zachary/Bismarck, ND/USA
  • Scotty Cameron Futura 6m
  • Tomcat 14 - Matches the specs I look for in a mallet putter.  Like the use of the runway alignment on the Tomcat, I feel it would be a good match with my eyeline.  Also like that it favors a slight arc to straight back swing.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Josh H  Ozawkie,KS USA

Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Interested in the ZB3, local greens I putt on are slower and require a strong stroke for longer putts. Interested in how this model would perform.

JH

Hello there!

Rob from Pittsburgh, PA United States.

I currently play the Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #6.

I am extremely interested in testing the Ketsch model.  To start, I believe a mallet-type putter will offer more feel and distance control. Additionally, this model suits my straight/slight arc stroke path, as opposed to my current putter. Lastly, this model has three alignment lines, which will help me to reinforce the crucial concept of hitting the ball with the sweet spot of the putter face.

I hope you choose me to test this putter, and I thank you for all of the great content you provide to help us make informed decisions for our game!

Cheers!

Luca - Seattle, WA USA

Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection #3

Tyne 3

Using a blade putter almost exclusively I feel that maybe a mallet could make my stroke more consistent. I have not bought a mallet yet and was considering using and fitting into 1 for the heck of it. The Tyne 3 suits my eye and is similar to a blade with some more weight. Thanks! 

Trey Fields 
Rogersville, TN/USA

I have been using a Scotty Cameron Golo 

Fetch

I have been wanting to try a Ping putter. I use all ping clubs, but never used the putters. Wedges was a great change so considering the putter. I personally feel the fetch has a great look and alignment. 

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Ethan/ Nicholasville, KY/ USA

My current putter is the Ping Kushin 

The model that interests me is the Tyne 3. I have a slightly arced stroke and I am looking for a putter with more weight/ forgiveness. I want to have more bulk behind the ball when I putt. I play golf every single day and I love Ping putters so I would be very excited to try this one out if I’m able! Thank you 

• Chris Galler, Mendota Heights, MN  USA
  • Ping Scottsdale - blade & Cleveland Square mallet
  • Ping "Fetch" mallet with the hole and adjustable shaft.  
  • I've had trouble finding the proper shaft length.  At 60yrs., I don't mend as easily and have gone to a more upright stance.  Some days I use a shorter shaft, others the longer.  This putter looks like it would fulfill both duties.

Titleist 913 Driver @ 10.5

Titleist 913 FW @ 16.5

Titleist 913 HB @ 19

Titleist 913 HB @ 23

Ping G25 - 5-U

Cleveland 54 & 58

Ping Anser & A-1 or Cleveland Classic

Brandon / Calgary, Alberta / Canada

Taylormade TP Berwick

I'm interested in the Fetch (with PP62) grip because a few years' of indoor testing data on the iPING 2.0 app with my Putt-Out mat shows I putt best with face balanced and mid-mallet shapes fit my eye best. This seems to match my on course performance measured by Shot Scope. The Fetch is the closest match in the Heppler line to my 2 face balanced mallets (355g @ 34" & 345g @ 35") and would provide an interesting comparison stepping up in weight to 365g, as well as being able to adjust the length to see what is the best fit. (Since I would like to try a 36" putter...)

Edited by BMart519
added grip type

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

• Steve/Ridgeland Mississippi/US
  • Currently playing the TaylorMade Tour Spider
  • Interested in the Anser 2 -- One of my favorite models of all time.  I have one that is 15 years old, and I'd like to see what advancements have been made.  I am also interested in the Tomcat 14, due to its eye-tracking features and mallet design.   

Mavrik Driver

Epic 3 wood

TM P790s

Cleveland Wedges

TM Spider putter

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic