Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Ryan/Toronto/Ontario/Canada

taylormade redline forza

tomcat 14 or Anser 2

tomcat 14 interest me as I seem to have issues with the alignment of my putting which this would help with its visual aids. Secondly the bigger head would allow for a smoother stroke. 

anser 2 has the sleek clean design which I think could also help with having a lot more control. From start to finish. 

Billy - Springfield, VA - USA

I would like to test the Heppler Piper C. 

I am visually cross-dominant (right-handed, left-eyed). I  wonder if the rumors are true that a center-shafted putter would set up better for me. I have a true SBST stroke and the Piper C looks like it would set up gorgeously!

I play an Oddessy Versa 7 White Hot. The soft insert putts my Srixon Z-Stars like a whisper. The combo is deadly from 8 feet and out. Harder to dial in the mid-range tho.

Will a firmer face work better? Let’s find out!

Edited by btindell
typo
On 9/10/2020 at 7:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Ron/Pismo Beach, California/USA

I’m currently using a Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 prototype. It’s been in my bag for over 25 years. 

I’m interested in trying the Tomcat 14. When I putt in the golf shops, I’m drawn to the mallet putters and they seem to be much easier to roll than mine. It’s probably due to my stroke. I’m hoping to be able to see what kind of differences there are with a more thorough testing.

Thanks.

My name is Craig from Minnetrista, MN, United States

I currently am gaming the 35'' Odyssey O-Works Red 7 putter

I'd be interested in testing the Piper C model as I have a straight to limited arc in my putting swing and putters with no toe hang seem to fit me better.  The lack of insert and the firmer feeling putter interests me because one of my issues with my odyssey is that it tends to hide my bad putts.  Off center hits feel the same as solid hits.  A firmer putter will help with the feel and ultimately help improve my putting stroke.   It also doesn't hurt that my niece is named Piper so I can show her this putter in hopes of getting her more into golf. 

• Andrew/Philadelphia Pennsylvania/USA
  • SeeMore mTRI
  • Heppler Tyne 3, I'm interested in this one because when I recently got fit, it was down to either the Ping Sigma Tyne 2, or the SeeMore. I bought the SeeMore and being able to put them both truly head to head would be a great way to test and compare. I also require a non-standard length (I have long arms) and the adjustability of these putters will fit perfectly.

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

• Justin / Bend, Oregon / USA 
  • Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and Stroke Lab Seven
  • Would love to try the Anser 2 and Tyne 3. I think they would be a good comparison to the current putters I have. I like the firm feel of my newport, its a non milled face. Would be interested to see if the Ping technology has made this more forgiving. 

Jim Ford, Birmingham, AL, USA

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-Ball Fang

i would be thrilled to test the PING Happler Anser. 2.  I have predominantly used mallet putters for the last twenty, or so, years. Prior to that time, however, I almost exclusively carried an original PING Anser that I purchased in 1973.  Although my “old friend” still feels pretty good putting on carpet, it has proven to be too light for me on the course.  Due to some recent sporadic putting, I have given serious consideration to going back to more of a blade-style putter.  In fact, I spent some time earlier this week at Edwin Watts stroking some putts with a number of different putters.  Ironically, the putter that stood out to me was this Happler model.

I am retired and living out my dream, playing 3 - 4 days a week, year round, on assorted courses with different types of greens, both Bent and Bermuda.  Additionally, I love to practice and often work in an additional day each week for that.  If your looking for someone that has both the time and motivation to thoroughly test and review this putter, I’M YOUR MAN.

Ryan M./Peoria, IL/USA

Currently use an Oddysey black series 2 putter, 33" shaft.

Most interested in the Tyne 3 and the Fetch styles that match my straight to slight arc putting style. I'm very much a feel putter but I sometimes struggle to get enough power with control on longer putts. Hoping one of these would help add distance without compromising feel for shorter putts.

Edited by rmacy03

Patrick/Richmond, Virginia/ United States

I am interested in the Piper C model. I have been considering a center shafted putter for awhile now but haven't been able to course test any. I work in two pro shops here in central Virginia and have been able to look at (in shop only) the Tyne & Fetch models. I currently game a Odyssey White Hot two ball blade. I play at least 3 rounds a week, split between the Hollows Golf Club and the Country Club of Virginia with a mid/high handicap of 14 (mainly attributed to poor putting. FIR, GIR, three putt.)

Patrick/Manheim, Pennsylvania/USA

Taylormade Rossa MonteCarlo 7 agsi +

I was a terrible putter before this one and swore I’ll never get another But the Ping Heppler Piper C looks like a good fit.  I would love to give it a try.  As a tall guy, 6’8”, the adjustable height would be a great variable.

Terry S.

Surprise, Arizona , USA

Handicap Index 6.5

Current: YES! Natalie 44" shaft

I'd prefer the Ketch. It's head shape is similar to my Natalie. I've been using mallets for 40 years.

CLAYTON/Winnipeg,Manitoba/Canada

Currently playing the stroke lab Odyssey R-ball. I’d like to test the Ping Ketsch. One of the guys I play with has it and putts really well. I really like my Odyssey but I’m always looking for that slight edge. I have a putting set up at home that I use regularly and would like to see if the ping is as good as advertised. 

• Conor / Los Angeles, CA, USA
  • Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Putter
  • I’m interested in trying any of the mallet putters to see the difference in weight and putter face feel with the inserts. The adjustable height is intriguing as well. I’ve never owned any PING club so I’m a true Guinea Pig tester. 64YLLy_f.png

Chris Galler, Mendota Heights, MN  USA

Ping Scottsdale or Cleveland Square

Ping Heppler "Fetch" with adjustable shaft.

I play with two putters now - depending on how I am feeling.  One has a longer - 2 inches - shaft for days when I am feeling a little staff.  The adjustable shaft is something I've always wondered about.  I play between 2-3 times per week with a 10.2 handicap.

• Tom / Orlando, FL / USA! 
  • Scotty Cameron 35" Newport 2 Select (2014 model)
  • I'd like to test the Anser 2 - 34", had a putter fitting in 2014 & was fitted for a Blade Putter vs a mallet putter.  I first changed to Odyssey White Hot putter & putted well, then switched to the Scotty Cameron Newport 2, but that feel has left and I leave a lot of putts on the table. Would a different feel help? 

Titleist AP2 714 - Std Length 4, 6-PW - 6.0 Rifle Shaft - 1 degree upright

Callaway EPIC 9.0 Subzero - set at 10.0 Draw bias - 6.0 Stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:  Callaway 3W & 5W RazrX Black - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Bobby Jones 21 degree - stiff flex

Wedges: Titleist SM5 - 54 bent to 51 wedge flex; SM5 54 KBS Shaft HiRev2.0 125; SM5 60 wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron - Select Newport 2

Ball: Titleist AVX

Handicap 0.6