Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Steve Goltl. Omaha NE

Taylormade  mini Spider
Floki

the MOI.  With the spider I can feel the weight working for me without trying to hammer the ball.  Like the substantial look of the mallet and the aiming line in the middle.   Looks like it can’t miss the putting line you pick.  

Wilson staff 100 anniversary Irons

Adam
Glenview, IL, US

Taylor Made Spyder

Anser 2

I had always played a Ping Anser series putter until last year when I bought the Spyder.  I’ve been disappointed with the results.  I went to get my older Anser 2 and it was gone.  My wife saw I wasn’t using it and sold it for $20 in a neighborhood garage sale last year and didn’t tell me.  I told her she basically stabbed me and all golfers around the world in the heart.  I didn’t speak with her for 3 days.   

This is a true story.  

• Roger/Cullman, AL/USA
  • PXG Drone
  • Tomcat 14 - I've recent switched from a blade to a mallet putter and I particularly like the alignment lines on the Tomcat, as well as the increased head weight (370 grams).  Everything else in my bag is Ping, so might as well add a Ping putter!

Dean Plattsburgh, New York,USA

Bobby Grace Shiloh

Ketsch would be my choice, my current putter is a blade that is for a straight stroke, I have a slight arc. Also I leave tons of putts short. I think its the slow greens we have up north and the heft would help. I also used your fitting tool, I believe in it as I used it to get my current driver and it has been great for me.

Les/El Paso TX/USA
I’m interested in trying the Ping Heppler Tyne3. 

I have used the Scotty Newport2 Mid Slant for years and recently switched to a Scotty Phantom X 8.5. O really like the mallet performance. 

The adjustable length is interesting. My X8.5 is 35 and the Newport 2 is 34. Both feel good, but I’m probably actually somewhere between. 

I use a PING blade putter circa 1997. It has a tendency to rotate as I come through the ball. I Have found that mallet putter’s I have played around with do not have the same problem. I just have never made the switch because I’ve always use the blade putter.

I just have never made the switch because I’ve always use the blade putter.

I’m interested in trying a mallet putter, and am very excited about these new PING products.

• Andrew/Arlington, VA/USA
  • TaylorMade TP Juno
  • PING Floki because I've always had a strong arc and used a blade putter. Interested in the mallet, strong arc putters to see if it will help me improve.  

John Ashburn Va.

Current model Ping Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

Perfer to test the Healper Fetch as im a SBST swing according to Golftec and Club Champion.

Taylormade M5 Custom Aldila Rouge Black 130MCI SST Pure Shaft

Taylormade M6 3W Hazardus Yellow

Taylormade M6 3H Hazardus Black 

Callaway Apex Pro Forged SST Pure Irons KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Shaft 1degree upright with each 1/2 Shorter than Std.

Taylormade 50, 54 58 Wedges Custom s200 Shaft Stiff

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter 34'' Custom Fit Via Golftec.

Ball Srixon Z Star xv.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Santiago/Aventura/FL/USA
I would like to try the Anser 2 or the ZB3. Currently playing with a TaylorMade Spider.
I love the Spider, but I want to try a compact putter with a firmer feel.
Thanks!

Edited by San
added optional putter
  • Dave, Tampa, FL
  • Scotty Cameron Select
  • I selected the Piper Armlock as it resembles my semi-mallet Scotty Cameron and I like the lines.  I putt straight back on short putts, a slight arc on long putts.  I would select a 35" length, and a PP60 grip.

Dave Mueller

Ed - Portland, OR USA

Current Putter - Bettinardi BB55 counterbalanced

Interested in the Ping Heppler Tomcat:

Ever since my initial battle with the yips several years ago, I've preferred the high MOI/forgiveness of the mallets.  I need all the help I can get.  I really like the aesthetics of the Heppler line as well as the adjustable length.  Would love to give it a try and provide a review.  Thanks for the opportunity.

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic