Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

Michael/Granger, Indiana/US

Taylormade OS Daytona - LH

Anser 2 - I've always liked the look of this style putter, not a big fan of the large flat putters.  Love the feel, touch, and roll it produces.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Joe A.  Anaheim, CA USA

Odyssey 2Ball Pro

Floki

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST200 

3 Wood: :mizuno-small: JPX 850 

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: JPX 850

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour 4-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM7 50/54/58

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 2 Ball

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS

Kyle Yu/San Francisco, CA/USA

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I am interested in the Tomcat 14 model. I have been interested in a mallet style putter, tried my friend's spyder putter and it felt good so would like more time with testing one to see if it’s a good fit for my game.

Thanks!

Bo / Calgary, Alberta / Canada

TaylorMade Spider X White

I would love to try the Ping Heppler Piper C because of the center-shaft and look. My wife plays the Ping Anser and has sworn by her putter forever. I have a straight putting stroke and am looking for a firmer feel through contact. I love the colour scheme and ability to adjust the height as I stand up a little straighter than most. Thanks for the consideration!

Dan/Brielle,NJ/USA

Odyssey White Hot

The Floki or the Ketsch. I've always used blade putters and would like to give a mallet putter a try. 

Driver-:ping-small: G400

3W, 5W-:ping-small: G400

Hybrid-:ping-small: 22 

irons- PW-5-:ping-small: G30

Wedges - :callaway-small: Mack Daddy- 52,54,60

Putter- :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

don jones

ft myers, fl USA

current putter  Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown

Floki, I have arc swing and like mallet style 

Mike, St. Paul, MN USA. 

I currently use a Slazenger blade-style offset putter that has never left my bag. I have always been very comfortable with it, but recently have wanted to test out some different putters. 

Looking at the different putter models shown here, I would probably want to test out one of the two (right-most in the photos) that are closest to my current putter style, for comparison. 

Joel, Carberry, Manitoba, Canada 

Scotty Cameron golo 3

Tyne 3 and/or Anser 2

Like the look of both from over the top, very interested in testing putters with a firmer face and seeing how much differently the ball reacts off the face compared to what i feel is likely a softer face on the putter I currently use. 

Colton Strickland/New Orleans, La US

Taylormade Spider Blade counter balance 

Floki: I have been thinking of trying a larger mallet putter to shorten my strokes on longer puts. I think a little more weight in the head would make strike a little smoother. 

Anser 2: This is a similar look to my current putter. I’ve always used a smaller simple putter. I prefer the line over the dot to help with alignment.

Tyne 3: I have demoed a similar style Tommy Armour putter multiple times, and I really enjoy the look and feel. This style helps me prevent twisting the face as much. 

Edited by Cstrick11

Currently I use a PING CRAZ-E  when the greens are slow then switch to a Odyssey DF-550 blade when greens are hard and fast. Love the PING CRAZ-E but it is all steel and so heavy I lose the feel I need when the greens get fast in the winter season.

I would choose the Tyne 3

Edited by Richard Doll
Forgot to add a putter choice
On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Oscar/Hillsdale NJ/USA
3 year old Spyder
I would like to try the Fiok, Ketsch or the Tomcat 14 as they are very similar to my current putter and want to see if i can refine my stroke

• Jeff/Seattle, Washington/USA
  • Scotty Cameron Red X 35"
  • I'm most interested in the Tyne 3 because I believe I could benefit from the balanced weighting those "fangs" provide. I also like the way the tines can be used for alignment without having too much going on like some of the more elaborate putter heads being offered. My second choice would be the Piper Armlock because its appears to be the most similar to the Red X I'm currently using.

Jay/Manhattan, KS/USA

Current putter is Odyssey White Hot #9

Curious about the ZB3.  I have never used another putter the entire time I have played golf.  

Manhattan, KS 

Ping G30 Driver 9.5 degrees

Taylor Made RBZ Black 3 wood

Nike Vapor 3 Hybrid

Nike VRS-x Irons

Taylor Made ATV 58 and 56 wedges

Odyssey White Hot #9 Putter

No official handicap but about 18.  

Alex Toronto/Ontario/Canada

Taylor Made Ghost  (Left Handed)

Interested in the Tyne 3

My current putter i find that the bounce off the face is so flat.  For a mallet style putter i find i have to take it back so far.  I would like to have a much small back stroke limiting the chance of going off line.  I also would be interested in Tyne 3 for a nicer visual as well.