Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Tim B/Edmonton/Canada
  • Cleveland Huntington Beach #6 (Centre Shaft)
  • Piper C, I love centre shafted putters for the alignment benefit I get from them. The downside is off-centre strikes feel like the club us twisting in both directions. I am interested in the Piper C as they claim a higher MOI than a single steel construction, which should improve off center hits.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Dave/Mt Morris, PA/USA

Toulon Las Vegas

Interested in Heppler Ketsch.  Putted for a year with Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch but found it too soft for speed control and consistency.  Heppler sounds to have addressed that aspect along with increased MOI...may be a good combination for performance improvement.

Matt/Virginia Beach/VA, USA 

currently using a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 with 20g weights. 

I love my Scotty but I’m always searching for something to feel just as good or even better from another company. Growing up I always played ping putters I’d be interested in testing out the anser 2 blade. The shape fits my eye and my putting stroke, would love to do a side by side with my current putter.

• Mark / Wilder, KY / USA
  • SeeMore  m5 Ht Mallet Offset
  • I would like to try the Fetch Model.  I feel it provides a lot of stability in the mallet head head while the firm face will allow for a more consistent strike and roll.

Denham Springs, La

handicap 13

I currently use an older Ping Anser 2 putter and love the feel of a blade putter.   I was using a Scotty Cameron Select Newport, but I went back to my trusty Ping.  I’d love to try the new ones.

Edited by Daveimme
Added model, address and HC

Dave

Craig

Acton, MA, USA

BETTINARDI Studio Stock 2

Anser 2 or Tomcat 14. 

I’ve been looking to try and possibly switch to a mallet putter like the Tomcat 14. The high MOI is definitely intriguing. Also, I am interested in how the Anser 2 feels compared to a Bettinardi or Scotty Cameron. The weight and feel have always been extremely important. I would like an effortless putter. Meaning I don’t have to concentrate on keeping the putter on line, or a consistently in distance control. Even in times that I might hit the ball slightly off the toe. 

Scott Musson

Chapel Hill, NC

Handicap 14

Current putter Odyssey DF550

would love to test the Anser 2.  I'm looking for a new putter, play about 100 rounds per year, and would love to give this a ride!

Thanks

Handicap 12

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

3-Wood: TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

Hybrids:  TaylorMade GAPR Mid, GAPR Hi

Irons:    TaylorMade P-790 5-PW, Oban Shafts, R+ Flex

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 56 Full Grind, Oban shafts, Cleveland RTX 60, Mid Grind, Oban Shaft

Putter:  Odyssey DF-550

• Joe/Fresno/California
  • Scotty Cameron 5W
  • I went through the fitting and the Ketsch is the one they recommend.  I have had a full bag fitting but the putter fitting seemed like an after thought so I'd like to see if this can help.

Driver- G410 plus 9°

Fairway- Ping G410 LST 14.5°

Hybrid- 818 H2 19°

Irons- 4-PW 718 AP3

Wedges- Vokey SM7 48°  54°  58°

Putter- Taylormade Spider X

Dave from Chicago, Illinois. Currently use a Ping Sigma II Cushin C. I would like to try the Ketsch because (1) to see how the increased MOI helps and (2) my backup is an old Odyssey model 7 and I may want to go back to a bigger design. If you must, I could also game the Piper C as a more direct comparison to my Sigma II. NOTE: Left Handed please  

On 9/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

• Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Alistair, Hampshire, UK

Its got to be the Anser design. Still playing the original Anser 2.

I’m guessing this one will be heavier and I’m not sue how I will be with that.

best wishes,

A

Dave / Boulder, CO / USA

Currently using a 80s era Anser, significantly weighted with lead.

Most interested in the Tyne 3 as it seems a good transitional putter for one moving away from my traditional Anser. Of course, also very interested in the Anser 2, as it'd be great to see what has changed in that "reference" model.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Want to be a Tester

• Current Putter in Use

On 9/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Elson, Southgate, Michigan, United States

Titleist Deadcenter SP209, my putter is older than my Daughter ( she turned 26 in June)

Heppler Tomcat 14 - I've always used a blade putter and I have been thinking about a mallet style for awhile, The ones I have hit on the pro shop seem to give me a better roll of the face and overall I just love the way it looks at address, it really suits my eye.

Best of luck for everyone else who applies.

Peter/ Queensferry/ Scotland/ UK

Taylormade Ghost Rossa Fontana 62

Really like the colour scheme in this range from when it was launched. I'd like to try either the Ketsch or the Tomcat14, I really like the parallel lines as sometimes I struggle to align with just a single line.

Brian Alberta, Canada

Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 CB (by MGS recommendation!)

The PING Tyne 3 interests me as it's a similar design to my current putter, but with more tech and what seems like a face that's more similar to what I've used historically. It would be interesting to see if the difference in price point between the two translates into better distance control and more putts made.

Thanks for the opportunity!

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic