Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

Sean, Dickinson, ND, USA.

My current putter in use is the CLEVELAND HUNTINGTON BEACH #1 PUTTER.

I am interested in Ketsch model as it appeals to my eye very well. I also gave these a test at my local course and they seemed to roll very nice off the face.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Skylar 

Darlington,South Carolina

Taylormade spider tour platinum 

Ketsch- This putter really catches the eye. 3 alignment lines designed to mentally squeeze the ball between the lines. The 370g weight helps with the stroke. The forgives along with the weight and alignment line just seem to fit perfect together for a short, compact and confident stroke. 

Eric, Andover New Jersey, United States

Odyssey Stroke Lab One 

Ketsch - I want to go to a mallet style with high MOI. Looking for the forgiveness I don’t get with the blade style putter. Also, I don’t like the soft feel of Odysseys insert anymore. And the head of the Ketsch looks awesome! 

Wishon 919 driver (S2S black 85g shaft, 44.5 in) 

Wishon 21 degree 7 wood (S2S black 85g shaft)

4-PW Miura 1957 baby blades 

GW cobra mb 

vokey 56, 10 bounce 

Vokey 60 4 degree bounce

Odyssey stroke lab One

Philip, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Currently using a Yes! Ann putter, but would love to try a mallet for stability.

The Tomcat 14 interests me as it looks close to the spider shape and has an interesting alignment aid.

Matt/Warner Robins GA/US

Current putter is Taylormade spider. Would like to try the tomcat 14 has similar looks to the spider. I am big on how the putter looks when addressing the ball. If it doesn't look good then I'm not as confident with it. Second I am interested in what is meant by a firm putter. Only 'soft' putter I have ever used had an insert. I would say I like a firmer response so that I can fell my misfits and where I missed on the club face.

Tom

Cincinnati, OH, USA

Taylor Made Spider

I made the switch to a mallet putter about 2 years ago, and would have a tough time going back.  The mallet helps me see and keep the line better.  Close call b/w the Floki and the Ketsch, but the Ketsch has a simpler look to it when I look at the photos.  The relative simplicity has greater appeal to me.  I don't like to look down and see a lot distractions.

James A, Quantico VA

I currently switch between PXG Drone and Mustang that I found at a second hand store. Tested some blade putters but the wife said I can’t buy anymore clubs. I guess if I win a new Anser, it would be buying one right? Come on MGS, let’s make her mad together.

Andy / Edinburgh / Scotland 

Currently gaming a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - kind of fallen out with it 😤

Fancy the Anser 2 as I’ve always played a blade putter (still have my original Anser in the garage but it’s too light and don’t want to put lead tape all over it)

My name is Dan and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. USA. I am interested in testing the ketsch model as I am using the Odessy vline model. I hope I am selected for the tester as I am looking for a new putter and would love to purchase a long putter. Thanks Dan

I love to golf and go to beach 

Brad/Charlotte, NC/USA

Alternate between TaylorMade Spyder (mallet) and Cleveland Huntington Beach 1(blade and based on a former MGS recommendation) depending on which is behaving

Tyne first choice; Tomcat second choice

I'd like to know how the hell you're going to choose 4 out of 7, 219 entries (so far!)  Good luck to you guys and all of us.

Jim

Fort Collins, CO, USA

Current putter: Ping Anser 1966 reissue, 35"

Interested in: Tomcat 14 or Tyne 3.  Have used one form or another of the original Anser for about 40 years.  Interested to see if a mallet-style putter would help my putting.

Driver: TBD

3-wood: Ping G410 with Tour 65 shaft

5-wood: Ping G400 SFT with stock shaft

4-hybrid: 22 degree Cleveland Halo with KBS shaft (near antique)

5 iron - PW Ping G400 with True Temper XP95 shafts

Wedges: Ping Glide (first gen) 50 degree SS, 56 degree ES, 60 degree ES

Putter: Ping Anser 1966 reissue with milled face

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic