Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

matt sacramento ca usa

Odyssey v-line

I absolutely love my Ping driver and fairway woods so I would think the feel of the new Ketsch putter would be just as buttery with more feel.

Chris Ogden, Utah

Currently an old trusty Ping Zing 2

Would love to try something new, see what Heppler has to offer... So interested in this technology and response. Would love to try ZB3 or Fetch!

Edited by Drcdub
Put sensitive info

Chris— Detroit, Michigan, USA 

Current Putter: L.A.B. Golf B2

Interested in: Tyne and ZB3 

I am a .4 handicap right now that struggles with making putts. Used to have a Ping Vault putter before my current B2. It just didn’t feel right at impact. My B2 is a center shafted putter so I would like to test the Tyne more than the ZB3 to see what a mallet feels like. Thanks! 

Rick/ San Diego, California/USA

currently using Ping Zing 2

definitely interested in the Ketsch because I’d like to try a mallet instead of a blade since I learned the game on a version of a hybrid blade/mallet Wilson putter. I’ve played a few rounds with a borrowed Scotty Camerons before (both the Newport and Red X circa 2004) but still came back to the ping blade because I always felt lighter and less explosive off the face which also meant I could better control the tempo of the ball. I would certainly be interested to see if I could find a putter better than I have now. I tend to play a lot of different course across San Diego county, from Torrey Pines to be exec courses, all with different types of greens which means knowing and understand one’s putter is life and death.

Andrew/Heber, Utah/USA 

I am currently putting with an oddyssey 2 ball putter that started out as a “belly putter”. I modified this putter slightly to act as an arm lock style of putter. I am always back and forth between this putter and my Ping Redwood series mallet. But after taking on this new putting style I haven’t looked back. 

I am most interested in trying out the new Ping Heppler Piper Arm Lock.   Being that this putter was designed by the the masterminds at Ping to be used with the arm lock style of putting, I’m certain it will have an even better feel that my modified putter. 

Yohan/San Diego, California/USA

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Anser 2 interests me, the adjustable height is really interesting for me (6'3) and want to experiment the dynamic differences it makes in the field. I also want to see if the two tone color can make difference in ball alignments. I am also curious to test out the auditory difference that a flat metal face can make vs my milled/grooved newport 2.

PXG 0311P Gen3 125g Stiff NS Pro (4i - Gap)

PXG 0211X Gen2 Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Stiff 60g

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2019) blade

Cleveland CBX2 wedges 54, 58

Ping G400 3 hybrid stiff

74 pages already.  I guess we still have people that don't understand the rules and requirements for testing....so many putter testing hopes and dreams destroyed...painful to watch.

I'd recommend reading this page before deciding on a model to test as well.

https://ping.com/en-us/blogs/proving-grounds/putter-alignment

Edited by IceHawk

Russ

Austin, Texas USA

Current rotation: Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 | Scotty Cameron Detour (custom conversion) | Odyssey 7s

I am Interested in testing the Tyne 3. I have 3 putters with varying degrees of toe hang. I have a very slight arc to my stroke. The Odyssey 7s is my first mallet type putter and a recent addition. I would be very interested to see how the Tyne 3 compares to the other flat sticks in my arsenal.

Hi! 

Matt Dumigan - Sussex - UK

Current Putter: Hippo

Test Putter: Piper C 35”

Reason: Whilst I am new to the game I am certainly very keen and continually trying to learn. I’m documenting my progress on YouTube (search Terrible Golf), I am by my own admission a terrible golfer but as I mention continuing to improve. I feel it would be good to have reviews from people of all abilities, and my profession actually happens to be a Test Lead, so I have an eye for detail and could provide constructive positive (and potentially negative) feedback from my perspective. 

Look forward to hearing from you and happy golfing. 

Matt 

On 9/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

William Green, London, UK

Odyssey O-Works Black 

Zb3 interests me, love the look from the top, and interested to see how the weight with the heel toe ballast feels.

Steve, longridge , Lancashire , united kingdom

Odyssey white hot 2 ball with an extra fat grip.

Interested in the floki, due to its already similar style to my own. However mine is old putter now and I've been keen to find something new and compare the subtle differences between my current set up and something more modern.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

• Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

1. Tay_Pleasant Garden_NC_USA
  2. Edel Torque B
  3.  Heppler Tomcat 14_ Before my current putter I had a OG Ping Craz-e I purchased back on 2002, yeah that’s rite ‘02! I had it in my bag until 2015-16! The Edel has a great feel and firmness but I’ve had my eye on the Tomcat/Heppler putters from day one. Would love a chance to test a tomcat. I would even be willing to test any of the new G425 drivers for you guys as well‼️ If y’all would like a avid amateur assistances. If so, feel free to send both at the same time.🤣

All Ping clubs D1-UW_Vokey wedges

Testers Wanted (4)

Want to be a Tester

• Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them

Testers Wanted (4)

Want to be a Tester

• Current Putter in Use

here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Rob Rutherford UK DorsetWould love to be involved. Ping putters are unsurpassed. I have been using a very old Ping Pal putter for most of my golfing days. Would be interested in comparing it with the new