Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• William/ Los Angeles,  CA/ US
  • Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport
  • Anser 2 interests me. Interested to see if the use of aluminum and steel will effect feel and help moi with this shape head. Also interested with the ability to adjust the length which can allow a person to tinker with their putting stroke.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

Matthew Schmidt

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport Select 35”

I would think that the ketsch with a slant neck or the anser 2. 
the putters I have used in the past are a 2018 Scotty select Newport and a Callaway marxman S neck both in 35”. I flip between these putters depending on the green speed as I like to have a longer stroke with less arc on slower greens. I think that comparing similar looking putters to what you have previously used will allow you to gain more insight into how the performance differs. Also the feel will be the big story along with the alignment aid of the multi materials.

John   Pittsburgh, PA  USA

Currently using Itsy Bitsy Spider

If I had to pick one it would bet the Tomcat 14 since it is most like the Spider I'm currently using, but I've been using Ping putters for 30 years, so the Anser 2 or ZB3 would also interest me, as I used the original Anser for many years.

Audie/St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

I currently use a TaylorMade Spider Mini Putter

I would love to test out the Tyne 3 putter.  I prefer a slight arc putter and I really like the styling of the Tyne 3.

BEEN SWINGING ping CLUBS SINCE 1985

THE CLUBS ARE WELL DESIGNED AND MADE

THE ANSER 2 IS OF INTEREST TO TEST

THE ADJUSTABLE SHAFT LENGTH IS VERY INTERESTING AS WELL AS THE FEEL AND GRIP

THANK YOU KINDEST REGARDS

Ted/Dallas,Texas/USA

Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5

The first clubs I ever owned were Ping Eye 2 knockoffs. A gift from my brother. When I got “bitten” by the golf bug, I decided to start with a “name brand” putter. My first purchased “real” club was a Ping Anser 2.  I loved that thing. Alas, this was 30 years ago and I no longer have it. Stuck with the blade style putters though, and now after everything I’ve read recently, I think I’d really like to see if a half-mallet,  like the Ping Heppler Tyne 3, could help my putting. I’m a pretty decent putter, I believe? Pretty consistent, but I don’t seem to make a lot outside of 5 feet. I’d really like that to change. 

Mal

Cumbia/Northumberland border, England

Currently using a Ping Anser, circa late 70's

ZB3    Would love a crack at this putter. I've had my struggles on the short grass and tried a few mallet and backstryke types but loving the look of this. Went back to the Anser and it just seems to frame the ball but liking the style of the ZB3.

Ken Wolfe

Saskatoon, SK Canada

I currently use a Ping Ketch Cadence putter, standard length shaft. Love to try the Hepler Floki or the Tomcat. I like the adjustable length option!

Gary

Albemarle, NC, USA

I currently use a Ping Zing II, lefthand 

I would love to test the Ping Tyne 3 putter. As with most of my game, putting seems to be slipping more lately. I believe the design of the Tyne 3 would be a great way to get more putts on the correct line,  meaning less strokes per round. 

Ian - Chicago, IL USA

Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven

I'd love to test to Ping Ketsch. It would be great to test and compare the stronger sight lines and firmer feel compared to the Odyssey seven's alignment aids and soft white hot insert. Even with using a ProV1 (now knowing it has a 90 compression rating thanks to Tony's ball lab findings) still feels extremely soft off the face and doesn't provide much feedback.

Driver: Ping 400 max

3 wood: Ping G410

Hybrid: Ping G400

Irons: Ping G400

Wedges: 52 & 56 Cleveland CBX2

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Barry/Indianapolis, IN/USA

Presently use older Oddessy my Dad gave me

Would love to try to the new PING putter. I haven't had a new putter in years. I really like the look of the new PING.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Scott / Franklin, TN / USA

Seemore FGP Original

Anser 2

Daniel...Cincinnati, Ohio...USA.  Currently I use the Omen Prophecy No 1.  I am 70 years old and am now eligible to play the senior tees.  My long game and chipping are still ok.  The problem is putting.  I would dearly love to test the Anser 2 blade putter.  With some putting confidence I believe that I could score in the mid 70’s or better.  My score now is mid 80’.  My golf days could certainly be more exciting if given the chance to be a putter tester.  One more thing, I am not shy with my opinion.  Shyness left the building a while back.  Thank you....Daniel

Matt P Kalamazoo, MI USA

Old Odyssey white hot, trialing gift Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R

Tomcat 14 - looking for high MOI and alignment help (who wouldn’t want a runway to the hole?)

Homemade snake eye 600B irons, wedges 

Mavrik max driver