Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Name and Location - Ty Kelley / Portland Oregon / USA 
  • Current Putter in Use - Scottie Cameron Fastback 
  • I think that I would prefer the Fetch because I like the way it looks at address.  I looks like it would be smooth and balanced.  I looking for a new putter that is consistent with good feel.  I have been "geeked" out on golf and have been tracking nearly every shot for the past 6 months.  I spend a lot of time practicing at home and at club.  I'm currently looking at several new drills to improve my putting and would get a lot reps as a tester for this putter.  Thanks for the consideration.  
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

On 9/10/2020 at 7:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:
  • jeffrey/Los Angeles, California, USA
  • Spider Tour Putter Taylormade Left Handed
  • Tomcat 14 exactly same design as Taylormade Spider

JMS

Mike/Haddon Heights NJ USA

Taylormade Rossa Spider Vicino

Interested in the Tomcat 14 due to the similar shape to my current putter. I believe a face without an insert will give me more feedback and therefore better feel.

• Kevin/ Kitchener, Ontario
  • Cleveland 2135 Satin Cero
  • I am very interested in the Tyne 3. I have been desperately looking to improve my putting and have been tinkering (when appropriate) at our local golf shop. The tyne has been one I've almost pulled the trigger on. I love the way it looks behind the ball and I love the way I have been getting it to roll.

A plus side of having all of our sports cancelled and myself working as an online teacher is I will get to play WAY more fall golf than I ever have before. Test or not, that's exciting! Thanks for the opportunity!

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Ethan, lake country B.C. Canada 

taylormade spider tour 3, 34 in, face balanced, tour pistol gt2.0 grip. With line drawn on.

I would most likely buy the Ketsch model because it matched my stroke with minimal arc and it’s shape and alignment match what I look for in a putter. The tomcat 14 looks like it would be weighted more like the spider but I find the dots off putting as an alignment aid.

Randy/Vancouver, Wa./USA

Odyssey EXO 2-Ball Stroke Lab

Floki model please.  Love the option to adjust shaft length. Site line, color contrast, and trust Ping as they have always produced quality products  

Fairways and greens fellas!  U.S. Open week!

Driver-M4, Aldila Synergy 65g stiff

3 wood-M2, HL, Matrix Ozik Red tie, stiff.

Irons-Taylormade P790 5-pw, KBS C-Taper lite, stiff standard length

Wedges-50* 54* & 58* Milled grind, KBS 610 wedge shafts, stiff

Putter-Odyssey metal X7

All clubs are right handed.

Ball - Taylormade TP5x.

Live in Vancouver, Wa.

HC as of 05/01/18 is 3.6

James. Memphis. USA. Current: Pings Sigma2. Would like to try Floki. Acoustics matter in every part of my game. I want to feel like I’ve hit it and sound conveys that well. I also think fitting for your stroke matters, I’m slight/strong arc and think this could be the one for me. I need to start rolling more 8-12 footers!

🤑

Dan/Gothenburg, Nebraska/USA 

ping 1-A

I love my classic bronze 1-A but my wife says I need to “upgrade” to a putter from this century. I figure why mess with perfection, but I’m not going to argue when she tells me to buy new golf gear. I’ve been eyeballing the heppler piper center shaft model. I have little to no arc in my putter swing and I prefer the center shaft models. I feel like there’s less deflection. I’ve been wanting to try one out but none of the retailers in my area have one. I would love to be a tester. 

Brandon/Edmond, Ok/United States

scotty Cameron futura 6M Dual Balance

most interested in the ZB3 as I tend to have more arc in my stroke would love to compare results to my current Scotty designed for more straight stroke. Love the copper color contrast and believe the align dot can provide a real boost!

Current Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* stiff flex kurokage 50g shaft

3 wood: ping anser 14* RIP Phenom 50G shaft

4 wood: ping anser 17* RIP Phenom 50g shaft

irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP-H5 kbs c-taper lite stiff flex shaft

wedges: 50* vokey sm6 raw finish and 56* vokey sm8 satin finish

putter: odyssey stroke lab Austin toulon 

Kellen Hansen

Eagle Mountain, UT, USA

Odyssey Black

ZB3. I love the classic design. This looks similar to an old ping putter I used growing up so it fits my eye well and I would love to see how the technology has changed and compare to my soft Odyssey putter. 

:cobra-small: Cobra ZL Encore 9.5 degree Driver

:ping-small: Ping I3s for life... actually until I upgrade but I hit them well so don't make fun thanks

:titelist-small: Titleist Vokey wedges

:odyssey-small:Odyssey black putter

On 9/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to others. 

For those firmly in the firm camp (yes, that was intentional), the PING Heppler may be for you. Offered in the same models as the flagship Sigma line, Heppler is a machined solid flat face that provides a firmer impact feel and sound.  All this comes in a stunning black and copper finish that provide effective alignment cues.  

ping_heppler_putter_std-12.jpg

Want to be a Tester

We’re looking for four golfers who are motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to providing a thorough review of the PING Heppler putters and sharing your thoughts and grades with the forum community.  

Testing is open to golfers in the US, Canada and UK.

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• First Name/City State/Country
  • Current Putter in Use
  • Check out all the models (see them here), and tell us which one interests you and why?

Wondering which PING putter best fits your game? Try PING's online fitting tool!

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been chosen. Good Luck!

Joe

Fort Pierce, FL

Currently use Cleveland Designed By

8802 style 

Would like to try the Piper C.  I have been an 8802 style user since I took up golf, and always putted well with it.  But now that I am getting older and with arthritis starting in my hands, I am beginning to have issues with a heel shafted putter.  Would like to see if a center shafted, face balanced mallet style with a higher MOI would help straighten out my stroke. 

4-P Hogan Edge (2018 version)

52 degree Hogan Equalier wedge

Arnold Palmer The Original  putter

Founder Club  hybrid 18 degrees

Taylor Made Burner 3 & 5 wood.

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter
  • StrokerAce locked this topic