Testers Announced (4) PING Heppler Putter

Our Sponsors

• Mike/St. Catharines, ON/ Canada
  • Wilson 8802
  • Tyne 3 - looking for more forgiveness while staying within the blade category or Piper C - interested in trying an intro mallet style putter that is centre shafted/face banced to aid with the stroke

Ping G410 LST 10 degree Evenflow X-stiff

Ping G410 SFT 16.5 degree Evenflow Stiff

Ping G410 Crossover 3 20 degree DG S300

Ben Hogan Ft Worth 15 24-48 DG S300 4 degree increments

Titleist Vokey SM4 52-56-60

Wilson 8802

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

machined solid face impact feel and sound accuracy consistency ...all words golfers like to see when considering a putter and Ping brings these to you with their new

Testers Wanted (4) Feel, while very subjective, is an important aspect of golf clubs for most golfers. Soft for one player is mushy for someone else, while firm to some can be considered harsh to

After yesterday I am officially on the lookout for a delivery....

Posted Images

- Alan  /  Newcastle, Co Down (Royal County Down)  /  Northern Ireland 

-  Current putter  -  Taylormade Spider S 

-  would like to test the Floki  -  have tried it already at a couple of golf retailers and LOVED the sensation & the feedback.  Our greens are very fast (being links and with the wind coming off the sea), but I think this would suit my preferences very well indeed.  I do also play a parkland course every week and so would be able to give feedback from both environments.    

Driver  -  Titleist TS1

Fairways  -  Honma XP-1 

Hybrids  -  Honma 747-P

Irons  -  Honma 747-P 

Wedges  -  Ping Glide 3

Putter  -  Taylormade Spider S 

Reply to this thread with the following information (do not quote this post):

• Jeff/Sherwood Park/Alberta/Canada
  • Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4
  • Really interested to try the Tyne 3 and see how it compares to my current putter. I shy away from solid face putters and prefer putters with inserts but I've heard incredible things about the Heppler line. Would love to try it out and give you a thorough review.

Dalton/Huntersville,NC/United States

Stroke Lab Double Wide

Anser 2. The Anser 2 has a classic look with a modern twist with the sleek face. I used to play a ping back in the day and loved it. I have held the Anser 2 and loved the weight and balance of the putter. 

Josh/Fairport, NY/USA
Taylormade Spider Mini Red
Interested in the Floki - similar head size and shape to the mini, but the different construction and face are really intriguing to me. I also sometimes struggle with face twist and the build in preventative technologies could be very useful to me.

• Mike/Manhattan Beach, CA/ USA
  • Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H Putter
  • Interested in Tomcat 14, Ketsch and Floki as am looking for a heavier putter head to take my hands out out of my stroke to allow for a flatter club face at impact

Man those look beautiful, and I need to putt better now that I have the driving locked down with Honma(review below).  I would want to try the arm-lock, but alas won't be greedy since I just got done testing.  Good luck everyone!

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Patrick/Tampa/United States

Taylormade Spider

Ketsch - I favor the shape of the shaft as it is the same as on my current putter, but I'm searching for a putter that is easier for me to align.  I'm hoping that the alignment aids being on a deeper rounded head will help the tendency to aim left.  Additionally, the adjustable length is very important as I am shorter in stature and end up cutting down every putter I purchase.

Zach/Oakland, CA/USA

Scotty Cameron Select Roundback 34"

Interested in: Anser 2, Tyne 3, Fetch, and Piper C

Playing to a 4.6 hdcp currently but averaging almost 32 putts per round. Been considering switching from mid mallet to a mallet or mid-hang blade. Definitely interested in testing putters as it has been nearly 3 years since I made the switch to my current model.

Taylormade Sim 9* Driver Oban Kiyoshi 60g Shaft

Taylormade M3 15* 3 Wood / Taylormade Sim Max 19* Hybrid 

4i-PW+48*- Titleist T200 standard length bent 1*up and 1*weak, XS DG105 shafts

54* S-Grind Vokey SM8 / 60* D-Grind Vokey SM8

Scotty Cameron Select Roundback 34"

RH/Oakland, CA/4.6 hdcp

Eric/North Richland Hills, Texas/USA

Odyssey O-Works 7

Tyne 3

Very similar putters, the Tyne 3 only has 1 line, versus 3 on Odyssey. Would like to test if I'm over emphasizing the extra lines

A grown man chasing a little white ball!

Nathan L. - Yorktown, Texas USA

I am currently using the Ping Anser 2

I am interested in the Ping Heppler Fetch. I am fairly new to golf and find myself playing mostly with my father in law and his older work buddies. My father, being in his mid 60's as well as most of his coworkers, and a few older. As I began playing golf I have noticed that my father and his coworkers tend to fade throughout the day, complaining about the usual tightness in the back and everything above. So much that at the end of the each hole, I have been given a prestigious task, to retrieve their sunken balls in the hole. While these men truly love the game of golf and the fact that they can escape their wives for a couple of hours, their bodies can't sustain what they use too. Which is why I truly think given the opportunity to play with a Heppler Fetch would allow a few older men to get the feel of the putter (as well as myself) and to get to experience the ease of retrieving their sunken ball. A review from myself as well as reviews from old geezers'. 

I love the look of these new Pings and I’m sure they’ll be awesome. Looking forward to the Testing Reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

David/Manchester, NH

Currently playing an Odyssey O Works Black 1

Interested in the Anser 2 model, to see how some additional weight and firmness compares to my current gamer's soft insert feel in a similar head shape.

Rick/Sulphur Springs, TX/USA

Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 GSS  

Ping Heppler Floki

Why? I need a strong arc putter, although I also have a very short modified straight arc putter I’ve had success with.The ZB3 is very close to what I have, but then why get the same thing but newer, a different brand and color?  I have tried mallets in the past but most have been a slight arc vs strong arc. Therefore, my success with them has been nonexistent. I would like the MOI of a mallet but need the strong arc. I’m a very good putter with the blade I have now, but when the greens are a bit bouncy, they just punched ours, the ball tends to wander aimlessly. I have to go to my modified heavy putter and completely change my swing. The Ping Floki seems to fit the bill. 

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

• Tom / Bear/ Delaware
  • Tommy Armor Impact 3
  • Tyne 3, the reason why is that it is similar to the award winning (2018 & 2019) TA Impact 3 that I am playing and would like to see if PING has improved on this model.

Thanks

Tom