TESTERS WANTED! ×

Jim White

JD WHite

I've been watching channel for a while & never heard a discussion about getting thru 18 holes with good hydration, food and fighting off fatigue. I live in Orlando, FL. & I play a lot in the  summer time and the heat/high humidity is brutal while fighting off fatigue. Recommendations?  

PS................. I never play with a hangover!!!!!!!!!

I have a 64oz bottle I keep clipped to my bag and drink at least one of those over the course of 18 holes, but a sports drink or something of the sort. When I played in 100+ heat, I doubled that, so if you're walking in Florida, I'd definitely lean towards to the most hydration you can manage. For eating, I keep something I can munch on every 3-4 holes (nuts/dried fruit is my personal favorite as it doesn't melt) as opposed to grabbing a sandwich or something at the turn.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

I use an insulated drinking vessel with ice and a second both filled with ice and water. Then I carry extra in my bag. The insulated vessel retains the ice to cool down the extra in my bag. 

Costco sells pH water that keeps me hydrated more than other waters. 

If it is a scorcher I also carry Dollar Tree generic Pedialyte instead of Gatorade or Powerade. 

A package of Graham crackers gives me a boost of energy on the turn. If I need something more then I carry a cliff bar. The bigger solution is a good breakfast before the round. 

To keep cool I wear a hat that has a back section to cover my neck and ears. I also have long sleeve sunwear that helps keep the sun from draining me completely. Finding shady spots to wait while others hit also helps. And, a good sun umbrella helps carry shade with you. 

I walk a little slower to keep my body temp down if I start to get overheated. 

Cool wraps that you wet also help if you keep wetting them. When I ride in a cart with an ice chest in it then I like to soak it in there. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

on hot days i carry about 60 ounces of water with me along with a few easy to transport snacks

what a lot of people don’t realize is staying hydrated is more about being proactive than reactive 

if you know you’re playing a round on friday when it’s supposed to be really hot, a gallon of water a day for a few days leading up to your round along with some stretching will reduce the need to carry and drink so much while you’re out there. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

if you know you’re playing a round on friday when it’s supposed to be really hot, a gallon of water a day for a few days leading up to your round along with some stretching will reduce the need to carry and drink so much while you’re out there. 

Very good point there. General rule of life “drink more water”. Easiest thing is just check your urine, anything darker than pale straw yellow and you need to hydrate more.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

Good point about drinking more water in general and ahead of a round rather than waiting until you are out playing in the heat.  Besides drinking water & gatorade / powerade while playing I use a frogg togg cooling towel, it really helps me feel cooler.  

I can't go by urine color since taking B complex.  I can tell by how much I sweat if I am running low.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Always hydrate well beforehand. If you know you're golfing tomorrow in conditions that are hot and humid, start drinking water now. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 hours ago, Cory O said:

Very good point there. General rule of life “drink more water”. Easiest thing is just check your urine, anything darker than pale straw yellow and you need to hydrate more.

I once used the toilet at a crematorium (of all places) and there was a 'urine colour chart' on the wall (shades of yellow - obviously) with captions indicating your hydration level and advising you to drink more water when it was darker than a certain shade.  What a brilliant idea, I'm surprised I have only seen it that once.

10 minutes ago, Pandaman said:

I once used the toilet at a crematorium (of all places) and there was a 'urine colour chart' on the wall (shades of yellow - obviously) with captions indicating your hydration level and advising you to drink more water when it was darker than a certain shade.  What a brilliant idea, I'm surprised I have only seen it that once.

I was in the restroom of a college athletic facility in Ohio and those charts were hanging all over the place near the toilets. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I’ve seen them in the restrooms that located in my companies manufacturing areas

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG