Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Are new swing analysers on the way?

DanielK

I have been looking around for a couple of weeks for a swing analyser to use with with net this upcoming winter when courses in Sweden are closed and covered in snow. From previous research I remember looking at Zepp, Blast Motion and Garmin TruSwing. They were all launched quite a few years ago and they should be up for refreshes seeing how fast tech moves forward. I have been trying to find news on new versions of these sensors but no luck. I'm primarily looking for sensors on sale in Europe but could very well import from US if needed.

* Zepp 2 is now listed as out of stock everywhere. In some webshops, it says the product is discontinued. Zepp also had some legal issues with Blast Motion.

* Blast motion sensor is listed as out of stock and discontinued everywhere I look.

* Garmin TruSwing is listed as discontinued.

* Mevo and others do not have enough data (need swing path and face to path)

* SkyTrak is a bit too much $$

Are there new sensors coming? Are they out of stock because every golfer wants one or because noone wants them? It seems to me it should be a market that is thriving in the current Corona world.

Cheers,
D

Edited by DanielK
Add more analysers
4 hours ago, DanielK said:

I have been looking around for a couple of weeks for a swing analyser to use with with net this upcoming winter when courses in Sweden are closed and covered in snow. From previous research I remember looking at Zepp, Blast Motion and Garmin TruSwing. They were all launched quite a few years ago and they should be up for refreshes seeing how fast tech moves forward. I have been trying to find news on new versions of these sensors but no luck. I'm primarily looking for sensors on sale in Europe but could very well import from US if needed.

* Zepp 2 is now listed as out of stock everywhere. In some webshops, it says the product is discontinued. Zepp also had some legal issues with Blast Motion.

* Blast motion sensor is listed as out of stock and discontinued everywhere I look.

* Garmin TruSwing is listed as discontinued.

* Mevo and others do not have enough data (need swing path and face to path)

* SkyTrak is a bit too much $$

Are there new sensors coming? Are they out of stock because every golfer wants one or because noone wants them? It seems to me it should be a market that is thriving in the current Corona world.

Cheers,
D

Based on your desire for swing path and face to path,  you are talking higher end launch monitors.  I don't think any of the products you listed provided that much information including the skytrak or mevo+.  Blast motion is still available,  went to their site and I would be able to purchase one from there.  

As for technology,  I don't think many people on here know what companies are going to potentially release.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Based on your desire for swing path and face to path,  you are talking higher end launch monitors.  I don't think any of the products you listed provided that much information including the skytrak or mevo+.  Blast motion is still available,  went to their site and I would be able to purchase one from there.  

As for technology,  I don't think many people on here know what companies are going to potentially release.  

I seem to recall SkyPro and Swingbyte offering some path and maybe face angle information, but I don't think either are still for sale at any retailers.

@DanielK, The swing analyzer market has mostly died and the only way you'd be able find one now is on the secondary market. So, maybe eBay?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

If this helps...

Have a look at PhiGolf.  I got one a couple of years back, and as far as I know is still available new.  It is a 'plug it in the butt' (sorry couldn't resist) type sensor that gives a good amount of data, as well as a driving range and course simulator with several courses available.

It's far from perfect, but overall similar to the other club mounted analysers I have tried.  I did find the sensor wobbled a bit, so had to improvise to keep it more stable, which gave much more consistent readings.  Because it only measures the club and doesn't detect impact it can give different ball flight results to a SkyTrak etc.  But it does work well without a ball, which i find very handy.

The main focus now seems to be on 'online play', but actually it works ok as a personal analyser and fun simulator.

Mevo+ is suppressed to have horizontal launch angle, spin axis and shot shape - so while it may not have face to path you ought to be able to figure out if you are curving it, starting it on line, etc....  that is my biggest fear of hitting into a net all winter without some device to tell me if I’m grooving a bad habit or a good swing.  Not being able to see the ball flight I’d want something with those parameters. And yeah, it’s going to be two grand...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)