Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best Winter Golf Gloves

Dr Strangelove

We are about a month or two away from cold golf here in the north.  Can anyone recommend good winter golf gloves?  The best I've done to date is FJ Rain gloves.  Alternatives have been a bit too thick in the wrong spots for an interlocking grip.  I'm considering football receiver gloves!

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, Dr Strangelove said:

We are about a month or two away from cold golf here in the north.  Can anyone recommend good winter golf gloves?  The best I've done to date is FJ Rain gloves.  Alternatives have been a bit too thick in the wrong spots for an interlocking grip.  I'm considering football receiver gloves!

I've been happy using the WinterSof by Footjoy.  Depending on how cold it gets I might bring a HotHands warmer. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

I read some good stuff about zero restrictions winter gloves not even a little cheap at $88 but maybe something worth a shot since they would last quite a bit longer than your normal glove. I know I need something, even for a morning round on a warm day my left hand gets so cold it bothers me.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently ordered a pair of Zero Friction (Storm) All Weather gloves from Costco. I'm in the Chicagoland area they are warm but interlocking fingers with these gloves isn't ideal because of how thick they are around the digits. The gloves also bunch-up when you curl your fingers in. These gloves are great value but I would be willing to pay slightly more for a pair of gloves that would let me play with my normal grip. 

I have been working to switch my grip to a 10 finger grip to make it work with these gloves, not happy about it but getting to still play in cold weather is a win IMO. 

Driver: PING G410 SFT
Woods: 3 wood Mavrik 
Hybrid Mavrik 3 Hybrid
Irons: Mavrik Irons 5-GW
Wedges: SM6 Vokey 50, 54, 58
Putter: Odyssey #7

Ive always been a big fan of the Mizuno Thermagrips.  I find them to be warm enough but aren't bulky and still feel pretty much like a normal golf glove.  Now that I live in Ohio, its not something that I use so much anymore but back when I lived in Wisconsin and early morning rounds in the fall could easily be in the 30s, they were something that I used somewhat often.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Footjoy just released some Stasof Winter grips.  They are fantastic.  Like to high quality "normal" gloves with just a bit of fleece on the top of the hand.  They do not feel thick like normal gloves.  The downside is they cost just as much as two high quality gloves would.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
Axis1 Rose putter

12 hours ago, FairwaysnGreens said:

Recently ordered a pair of Zero Friction (Storm) All Weather gloves from Costco. I'm in the Chicagoland area they are warm but interlocking fingers with these gloves isn't ideal because of how thick they are around the digits. The gloves also bunch-up when you curl your fingers in. These gloves are great value but I would be willing to pay slightly more for a pair of gloves that would let me play with my normal grip. 

I have been working to switch my grip to a 10 finger grip to make it work with these gloves, not happy about it but getting to still play in cold weather is a win IMO. 

Check out FJ Stasof Winter gloves.  Interlocking is not a problem.  The price may be.

Axis1 Rose putter

• 1 month later...

I second @Dr Strangelove. I got a pair of FJ StaSof (where are the final consonants?) gloves a couple of weeks ago. They work at least down to about 35* if I'm walking. Grip-wise, they're far superior to the all fleece winter glove FJ has had in previous seasons. And if it gets really cold, there's always these babies in between shots:

thick mitts.jpg

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

I second [mention=71159]Dr Strangelove[/mention]. I got a pair of FJ StaSof (where are the final consonants?) gloves a couple of weeks ago. They work at least down to about 35* if I'm walking. Grip-wise, they're far superior to the all fleece winter glove FJ has had in previous seasons. And if it gets really cold, there's always these babies in between shots:
671826883_thickmitts.jpg.7786899f3a8c7ac8ddfc89a9c430f74f.jpg
Can you wear the FJ in the mitts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 12/14/2020 at 7:06 PM, tchat07 said:

Can you wear the FJ in the mitts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yes, you can slide them in without taking your gloves off.  I dont really do this though

Axis1 Rose putter

@tchat07 so yeah, I sometimes wear the mittens over my gloves. Usually only the first couple of holes as I walk mostly, and tend to warm up after 15-20 minutes. There is a little more friction on the leather palms of the StaSof gloves as compared to my own palms [...insert joke here...], but it's not too much of a struggle.  

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

Footjoy wintersof gloves .. been playing them in the winter since 2015 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

What football gloves do you use? I ahve found some good gloves at  https://themybuy.com/best-football-gloves/ but do not know exactly which one I can use both for football trainings and for playing a golf with friends. Share some photos please. 

On 2/12/2021 at 2:55 PM, kenvvvandervort said:

What football gloves do you use? I ahve found some good gloves at  https://themybuy.com/best-football-gloves/ but do not know exactly which one I can use both for football trainings and for playing a golf with friends. Share some photos please. 

I have not tried football gloves.  I wound up with FootJoy Stasof Winter gloves. They are very good.  Worth the the price.

Axis1 Rose putter

• 9 months later...

I use FootJoy wintersof. Warm and waterproof. You can also use the interlocking grip. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 1 year later...

Just purchased wintersof pair. Hoping for the best. 

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)