Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Old Guy Hoisting Trophy Watch

fixyurdivot

Go Stewart, GOOOOOOO!!  

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2021/safeway-open/leaderboard.html

It's great seeing one of the old guard leading with the young guns chasing.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I did not realize it had been 11 years since his last PGA win... he's been so competitive in so many events that stat caught be my surprise.  I must say, that is arguably the ugliest trophy in golf... maybe even all of sports 😬.

Stewart Cink returns to winner's circle 11 years after edging Tom Watson  for Open title - Laredo Morning Times

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Probably feels extra special for him too with his son being the caddy.

Ps.. I think the trophy is kinda cool.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I hadn't realized his Open win was so long ago I would have bet it was only 5 years since rooting for Watson....I hope for his sake Jordan is on a quicker turn around than Cink ! 

In addition to a 'seasoned' guy winning I see it as another win for a shorter hitter rather than having the bombers dominate every tourney.   Since I fit both categories in hacker-ville I take encouragement from this!

It depends on whats inside the barrel as to how 'ugly' it is!!    

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I hadn't realized his Open win was so long ago I would have bet it was only 5 years since rooting for Watson....I hope for his sake Jordan is on a quicker turn around than Cink ! 

In addition to a 'seasoned' guy winning I see it as another win for a shorter hitter rather than having the bombers dominate every tourney.   Since I fit both categories in hacker-ville I take encouragement from this!

It depends on whats inside the barrel as to how 'ugly' it is!!    

It's amazing how time gets skewed sometimes in relation to events.   While I totally get what your saying about Cink's win over Watson not seeming that long ago.  If you stop and think of all the great Opens since then, you realize it has been a while. 

Louis Oosthuzien's impeccable four days at St. Andrews the very next year,

Darren Clarke possibly one of the most popular Major wins in the view of his peers and most golf fans. 

Phil and Stenson times two each getting the better of each other once,

Rory wining his last major in 2014, hard to believe he hasn't won a Major since! 

Jordan Speiths miraculous win from the driving range at Royal Birkdale

Molinari overtaking Tiger on the back 9 two years ago

The Open Championship provides so many great moments, it's a shame this years was lost. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's amazing how time gets skewed sometimes in relation to events.   While I totally get what your saying about Cink's win over Watson not seeming that long ago.  If you stop and think of all the great Opens since then, you realize it has been a while. 

Louis Oosthuzien's impeccable four days at St. Andrews the very next year,

Darren Clarke possibly one of the most popular Major wins in the view of his peers and most golf fans. 

Phil and Stenson times two each getting the better of each other once,

Rory wining his last major in 2014, hard to believe he hasn't won a Major since! 

Jordan Speiths miraculous win from the driving range at Royal Birkdale

Molinari overtaking Tiger on the back 9 two years ago

The Open Championship provides so many great moments, it's a shame this years was lost. 

Absolutely a shame they couldn't move it...it provides some great entertainment.

Don't forget Lowry winning last year....very cool to watch him get it done in front of the home fans going crazy.

For what I love to watch, it's a tie between Masters Back 9 on Sunday and the Open final round over the other majors and golfing events.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Absolutely a shame they couldn't move it...it provides some great entertainment.

Don't forget Lowry winning last year....very cool to watch him get it done in front of the home fans going crazy.

For what I love to watch, it's a tie between Masters Back 9 on Sunday and the Open final round over the other majors and golfing events.  

Yeah, the Lowyr win was pretty cool.  I was pulling for Keopka to continue his major run of wins, but Lowry was a great story and played the best golf the final day in really bad conditions. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12