Our Sponsors

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The sandcastle making aside, in the interviews I've seen with Reed, he dosen't seem unlikeable to me.  Does he have some dirty laundry in the bag, yup... as we all do.  He hasn't even made this "most arrogant golfers" list... come on Patrick, step it up man 🙂.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700924-ranking-the-10-most-arrogant-golfers-of-all-time

this is from back in 2013. all the more current lists have him up there just behind Sabbatini and Bubba

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly Nostradamus, there dumbass! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well, I’ve gained 10 pounds and working on a degree in Biblical studies... pretty much the same. 😂😂

You have no idea how happy this post makes me. There are always two sides to a story. It’s why I don’t root based on so-called character - we can’t know these guys for real unless we happen too. I

Posted Images

Looks like Matthew Wolfe brought the moving van today.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

The sandcastle making aside, in the interviews I've seen with Reed, he dosen't seem unlikeable to me.  Does he have some dirty laundry in the bag, yup... as we all do.  He hasn't even made this "most arrogant golfers" list... come on Patrick, step it up man .
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700924-ranking-the-10-most-arrogant-golfers-of-all-time
No live coverage for me until the replay later this afternoon.  So, I'm watching the much needed rain outside and Jim Furyk be a bully at The Pure Championship.

I honestly think most people dislike Patrick Reed because that’s what all the cool kids are doing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

I honestly think most people dislike Patrick Reed because that’s what all the cool kids are doing!

Could be.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

this is from back in 2013. all the more current lists have him up there just behind Sabbatini and Bubba

Bubba?.... Bubba?... Bubba? (sorry, his name immediately brought back a Jim Mora meme 😁). Who the heck can not like Bubba?  Point reductions for not being the best spokesman or perhaps too emotional?  I'm sure if I look hard enough, I'll find a "most hated" list with Arnold Palmer on it.  

• Haha 3

Percentages usually play out over time. Reed has put a lot of stress on his short game. Odds were pretty good he was going to run into a rough stretch at some point.

This rookie class of 2019 is putting every other Tour player on notice. They are here and expect to win! What a day Wolfe is having!

• Like 5
Percentages usually play out over time. Reed has put a lot of stress on his short game. Odds were pretty good he was going to run into a rough stretch at some point.

This rookie class of 2019 is putting every other Tour player on notice. They are here and expect to win! What a day Wolfe is having!

Wolffie!! Didn’t see that coming.
You’re right on w Reed.
Should be a fun day tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

55 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Bubba?.... Bubba?... Bubba? (sorry, his name immediately brought back a Jim Mora meme 😁). Who the heck can not like Bubba?  Point reductions for not being the best spokesman or perhaps too emotional?  I'm sure if I look hard enough, I'll find a "most hated" list with Arnold Palmer on it.  

yeah surprisingly he’s consistently voted as the least likable 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Yup.  That point was raised by Brendon and Justin after round 2.  Patrick knew it too as he was on the range with the driver trying to get it working... apparently he did not.  A 12 stroke swing suggests the scramble magic hit the proverbial wall 😬.  It will be fun seeing how this ends up and why I like these course conditions more so than the typical weekly events.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Imagine if Wolff wins this thing tomorrow and our first two major winners of 2020 are Morikawa and Wolff. We'd just need Hovland to win the Masters for the trifecta.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sooooooo, which Oklahoma State player win a major first...  Wolff, Hovland, or    Rickie?

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So Wolff and DeChambeau are coming together again with the chance to win a tournament, this time a major. This is the 3rd time now they've battled against each other for a tournament win. They each have one win.

Should be a fun afternoon. I've got a feeling -3 will be the winning score or score to get into a playoff. We'll see how wrong I end up being tomorrow evening lol.

Hell of a round from Wolff today. I'd be happy to see either of him or Bryson win, personally, but I'm pulling for Bryson. He's already shown everyone all the work he's done in the gym has paid off, but a major win in the second one he's played since? Talk about vindication. I'd personally love to see it happen.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sooooooo, which Oklahoma State player win a major first...  Wolff, Hovland, or    Rickie?

If Rickie wins this event, I'll wear a cowboy hat while playing and practicing for a year 🤣.  Nothing against Matthew or Viktor, but I want to see Rickie get his first... first.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting commentary from Brendan Chamblee about Bryson's "transformation"; and that he essentially "took a page out of the South Korean playbook" as it relates to training.  I thought that was pretty interesting. BD definitely thinks out of the box and looking to how they have become so dominant is smart.  They also mentioned that he has the attention of the R&G and USGA and they will be making changes in 2021 as it pertains to the distance discussion/debate... though this predates Brysons recent distance gains.

I saw something earlier in the week where it seems it's only a matter of time before Bryson brings a 48" driver into play. Sounded like he's just waiting on LA Golf Shafts to get him a driver shaft at 48" that's as consistent as his current one is at 45.5".

So try as the governing bodies may to rein him in, I don't think they're going to be successful in taking his distance advantage away or much of his distance in general, if they do rein the ball in.

Interesting commentary from Brendan Chamblee about Bryson's "transformation"; and that he essentially "took a page out of the South Korean playbook" as it relates to training.  I thought that was pretty interesting. BD definitely thinks out of the box and looking to how they have become so dominant is smart.  They also mentioned that he has the attention of the R&G and USGA and they will be making changes in 2021 as it pertains to the distance discussion/debate... though this predates Brysons recent distance gains.

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Like Harding Park, this week shows once again that tighter fairways and a deep second cut of rough everywhere (fairways and around greens) brings all the pros down a notch no matter how far they hit the ball - as MGS has suggested instead of dialing the ball back. Being a bomber doesn’t help much out of 4-6” rough. Wish the R&A and USGA would at least try it at more/all tournament courses...

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

It's really been interesting to see some of the dichotomy in thought process behind what a good course setup is between "American" thinking and "British" thinking.

Feherty said he expected plenty of complaining about the course in advance of the tournament starting... Don't know about you, but I'm still waiting to hear anyone of note complain about the course this week.

But that didn't stop a prominent golf journalist from the UK to say the USGA F'd up the setup again after Friday's round, which got a response from Lee Westwood saying they had it perfect on Thursday. Which is interesting cause it was apparently perfect when Lee had a good round, but not perfect when he shot 6 over. Play better golf Lee, lol.

I've been highly critical of the USGA in recent years over the fiascos they've created with garbage course setup, but I'll be the first to tip my cap to them this week. They got it right. The course is brutally tough but there are scores to be had if you play extremely well. It's asking the questions the US Open is supposed to. It may be being answered slightly differently, Wolff hit 2 or 3 fairways all day today and shot 65, but otherwise it's been an extremely challenging but fair test of golf. That's what a US Open is meant to be. It wasn't like that for a few too many years this past decade, but this week has been exactly that.

Like Harding Park, this week shows once again that tighter fairways and a deep second cut of rough everywhere (fairways and around greens) brings all the pros down a notch no matter how far they hit the ball - as MGS has suggested instead of dialing the ball back. Being a bomber doesn’t help much out of 4-6” rough. Wish the R&A and USGA would at least try it at more/all tournament courses...

• Like 2