Our Sponsors

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The sandcastle making aside, in the interviews I've seen with Reed, he dosen't seem unlikeable to me.  Does he have some dirty laundry in the bag, yup... as we all do.  He hasn't even made this "most arrogant golfers" list... come on Patrick, step it up man 🙂.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700924-ranking-the-10-most-arrogant-golfers-of-all-time

No live coverage for me until the replay later this afternoon.  So, I'm watching the much needed rain outside and Jim Furyk be a bully at The Pure Championship.

It is a cumulative thing    https://golf.com/news/tournaments/a-brief-history-of-patrick-reeds-highs-and-controversial-lows/

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly Nostradamus, there dumbass! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well, I’ve gained 10 pounds and working on a degree in Biblical studies... pretty much the same. 😂😂

You have no idea how happy this post makes me. There are always two sides to a story. It’s why I don’t root based on so-called character - we can’t know these guys for real unless we happen too. I

Posted Images

First person in the clubhouse at even...

Hope it’s Xander

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

11 hours ago, sixcat said:

I honestly think most people dislike Patrick Reed because that’s what all the cool kids are doing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I don’t like him purely because he cheats.

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Let's go Wolff! Seems like a pretty chill kid. Quirky swing, doing his thing, pulling for him to stay in front.

I'll be honest Bryson is the only guy in the top 10 I don't like. Don't be a jerk to regular people.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 4
Like Harding Park, this week shows once again that tighter fairways and a deep second cut of rough everywhere (fairways and around greens) brings all the pros down a notch no matter how far they hit the ball - as MGS has suggested instead of dialing the ball back. Being a bomber doesn’t help much out of 4-6” rough. Wish the R&A and USGA would at least try it at more/all tournament courses...

While I agree with you the current standings are not helping our cause. Those are two of the longest if not the 2 longest players in the field leading the way.

Perhaps it’s so tight that accuracy is being negated and so it’s far easier to hit greens or get back in position with wedge out of the rough than 8 iron.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

1 hour ago, revkev said:

While I agree with you the current standings are not helping our cause. Those are two of the longest if not the 2 longest players in the field leading the way.

Perhaps it’s so tight that accuracy is being negated and so it’s far easier to hit greens or get back in position with wedge out of the rough than 8 iron.

I am using the scores to make my case. When few are under par, it’s a good test. When the winner is 30 under, it’s almost a joke IMO.

And no matter what they do with equipment or balls, some players will be significantly longer than others. Scoring is the better metric to me. YMMV

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

I tee off at 2 today, so I may not catch much of the final round, but I’ll be sporting my Winged Foot FJ polo while I play. A friend got it for me when he played there. I’d love to see this place in-person one day!

58B87195-FF22-4D57-93A0-209F6E23872D.jpeg

• Like 4

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

3 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Let's go Wolff! Seems like a pretty chill kid. Quirky swing, doing his thing, pulling for him to stay in front.

I'll be honest Bryson is the only guy in the top 10 I don't like. Don't be a jerk to regular people.

Take Dead Aim

His swing is fun to watch though with how goofy it is

• Like 1
I tee off at 2 today, so I may not catch much of the final round, but I’ll be sporting my Winged Foot FJ polo while I play. A friend got it for me when he played there. I’d love to see this place in-person one day!

58B87195-FF22-4D57-93A0-209F6E23872D.jpeg.d0a3a1aa1f509e75245dfeb445f6e592.jpeg

If you ever get the chance to play a Winged Foot, Shinnecock etc DO IT!
I played WF after 97 PGA during my “Empty Suit Days”.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Accuracy is down big time this week. The field is averaging only 39% of fairways hit.

Wolff is only hitting 29% of fairways for the week. He's been on a downward trend all week too, 43%, 29%, and 14% through 3 rounds.

Bryson's at 40% for the week after hitting 50% of fairways the first two rounds and 21% in the third round. He said one of his anatomical swing governors was out of whack yesterday, his left arm in this case, so he spent a long time on the range trying to figure it out afterwards. Last guy on the property last night. Left well after 8pm. We'll see if it paid off for him.

Wolff's been killing the ball off the tee this week and even with his 29% accuracy, he's gained 2.22 strokes on the field off the tee through 3 rounds. From Tee to Green he's gained 12.79 strokes on the field. Bryson's gained 4.1 strokes on the field off the tee and 12.87 strokes Tee to Green. The top two guys on the leaderboard have gained nearly 13 strokes on the field from Tee to Green and they're, as you say, two of the longest hitters in the field.

So yeah, I don't think your theory is wrong necessarily. Jason Sobel postulated a similar idea on Twitter last night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Anybody venturing onto Twitter is a brave soul. Between “Woke Golf Twitter”, Matt Ginella, Peter Kessler and the talking heads, it was more than I could stand.

After this weekend, I’m strongly considering the “flip phone” challenge!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, revkev said:

Perhaps it’s so tight that accuracy is being negated

I can't remember where I saw it, but the shorter guys are missing fairways almost as often as the bombers. Would you rather hit from that rough with a wedge or an 8 iron?

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I am using the scores to make my case. When few are under par, it’s a good test. When the winner is 30 under, it’s almost a joke IMO.

And no matter what they do with equipment or balls, some players will be significantly longer than others. Scoring is the better metric to me. YMMV

So if par was 72 and everyone is 6 shots better after 3 rounds, is it still a good test? Par is a measuring stick, in no way does it mean a tournament is good or bad. 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

59 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Anybody venturing onto Twitter is a brave soul. Between “Woke Golf Twitter”, Matt Ginella, Peter Kessler and the talking heads, it was more than I could stand.

After this weekend, I’m strongly considering the “flip phone” challenge!

Hahaha I've done it and had no problem with it if I could just play pandora off of it I would make the permanent switch. Twitter is the devil if you ask me.

• Like 2
Hahaha I've done it and had no problem with it if I could just play pandora off of it I would make the permanent switch. Twitter is the devil if you ask me.

Spotify is literally the only reason I haven’t done it yet.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I can't remember where I saw it, but the shorter guys are missing fairways almost as often as the bombers. Would you rather hit from that rough with a wedge or an 8 iron?

Yea, if you cannot offset the long not very accurate hitters with high FIR's, I guess my choice would be a bomber.  On a good many courses, you can essentially fly past the tree groves, sand traps, water, etc. that the course designers, way back then, had in store for us. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Wolff has outdrove Bryson on every hole today. But Bryson has been better on the greens, where it still matters a lot!

• Like 1

Bryson dumps an Eagle well Wolffie says he can do it to

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list