Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Any Experience With Shot Vision

MrMizuno

What, if any, experience with the Shot Vision has the forum had? I am contemplating using this app and would like opinions, both bad and good. Thank you, MrMizuno

Anticipated 2021 WITB: PING G45 Driver, PING G45 Fairway Wood, Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons #3-PW, Callaway Customs Jaws MD5 AW, Callaway Customs PM Grind 19 SW and LW [4-Degree club gap seperation], Ping Heppler Tyne 3 w/ PP59 Grip, Titelist Pro V1 golf bag, Ping Cart Bag, BagBoy Pull Cart 

I tried the free version with low expectations and it honestly didn't even meet those. As much as I would love for my phone to be able to be a launch monitor, I think it is simply impossible with current technology. An iPhone camera shoots at 60 frames per second, but a golf ball is going to be moving over 150 feet per second (that's only around 100mph ball speed). The viewing area of the phone camera with how Shot Vision recommends is probably only about five feet, so even that slow ball is passing through in about 1/30th of a second, or at best 2 frames. Shot Vision is trying to base EVERYTHING on the difference captured in those two frames. That is never going to give accurate enough info to be usable IMO. Cheap(ish) launch monitors use doppler radar to collect data. High speed camera based monitors are things like the GC Quad which cost $10k+. I know that my iPhone can't really emulate that.

2024 is the year of the short set!

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* stiff

Hybrid: PXG 0311 GEN5 19*

Irons: JustGolf Forged Blades (4, 6, 8, PW)

Wedge: 56* Forged Prototype

Putter: PXG Blackjack Center Shaft 34"

Bag: Sunday Golf Loma XL

I see, thanks Cory, MrMizuno.

Anticipated 2021 WITB: PING G45 Driver, PING G45 Fairway Wood, Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons #3-PW, Callaway Customs Jaws MD5 AW, Callaway Customs PM Grind 19 SW and LW [4-Degree club gap seperation], Ping Heppler Tyne 3 w/ PP59 Grip, Titelist Pro V1 golf bag, Ping Cart Bag, BagBoy Pull Cart