TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evnroll ER2 vs. Bettinardi Queen B 6

YKodvavi

Hi Spies,

So I've been looking to upgrade my putter recently and I was pretty much sold on the Evnroll ER2, it has a couple of Most Wanted Blade awards under it's belt and the team at MGS seem to love it too.

Then, recently someone introduced me to the Bettinardi Queen B 6, similar in shape, looks better, but doesn't have the groove technology like the Evnroll, instead relies on the old school milled face for optimal feel and response. The person who recommended the Queen B 6, told me that he himself had switched over from an ER2 and the ER2 he had up for sale was because a client had order a customized ER2, then tried a Queen B 6 and decided to go with the Queen B 6. According to him, the Queen B 6 offered a much better and softer feel.

So now I'm confused and I can't decide which direction to go in. I live in an area where I can't try out either of these putters, no pro-shops near me carry either of them, I would purchase purchase them online and have them delivered to me. So, I can't test them out to see the results or the feel.

I would really appreciate y'all's input and would love to hear from people familiar with the putters.

Thank you!

Edited by YKodvavi

:SuperSpeed: Training: 

Initial Driver Speed: 90 MPH

WITB: Fitting Location: Club Champion - Houston, TX 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 - Stiff

3 Wood/ 4 Hybrid: :taylormade-small: RBZ w/Aldila NV

4-PW: :titelist-small: T-100 w/ KBS Tour V - Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM7 Vokey Wedges - 50, 54, 58 

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works #1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B

Rangefinder: Bushnell Pro X2 

Might work better for you, but not most people. Several Bettinardi putters have been included in MGS best putter reports all along - latest example below...

FWIW, I’ve bought a push cart, balls, putters, rangefinder, PuttOut and spikeless shoes based mostly on MGS findings - and I’ve yet to be disappointed in any way. I wouldn’t buy any golf related equipment anymore without at least considering MGS Buyers Guides.

F0D90FEB-4D1F-4C4B-9B22-0A363AE501AD.jpeg

0ECDE302-2211-4437-946F-2D174221A98C.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

35 minutes ago, Middler said:

Might work better for you, but not most people. Several Bettinardi putters have been included in MGS best putter reports all along - latest example below...

FWIW, I’ve bought a push cart, balls, putters, rangefinder, PuttOut and spikeless shoes based mostly on MGS findings - and I’ve yet to be disappointed in any way. I wouldn’t buy any golf related equipment anymore without at least considering MGS Buyers Guides.

Yeah, how they've performed in the MGS Most Wanted Putter testing is what pulled me towards Evnroll in the first place. They've placed in the top spot 3 times in the past 4 years! That's something, whereas Bettinardi, even though have been tested, but have never even been in the top 5. And I trust their reviews and their testing methods and I know I won't go wrong in their recommendations.

And like I said, I was pretty much sold on the ER2 and was ready to buy one until the Bettinardi was brought into my attention. The look of the Queen B 6 and the reviews that I have found about their feel is what got me thinking. The one con that ER2 had in their year's Most Wanted Putter was that it didn't feel that great. And that is basically the only reason I am confused.

Feel is a very subjective metric. People like different feels/sound from their putters so just because someone says this putter feels better doesn’t mean it will for you.

The biggest complaint about Evnroll putters has to do with speed off the face. The grooves job is to even out the distance on offcenter strikes. To do that the slow the ball down when hitting the center of the face. That means you will need to adjust your stroke to account for that.

I am one of the most wanted testers and can tell you there is nothing wrong with the Bettinardi; they are great putters.

What you like will be specific to you. Also remember that the Most wanted rankings are based on what stock configuration will work best for most golfers. You need to evaluate what you like, what is important to you, and ideally try the putter to see what works best.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Both putters are expensive so I would make sure I had a fitting before ordering one.

I am a feel putter and am still using an old Mizuno putter made by Bettinardi.  Have tried Scotty Cameron square back, Evnroll ER6, Tommy Armour TA1and a couple of Odyssey putters.  Have been fit three times with the first and last keeping my current putter and the middle fitting I wanted to only try Evnrolls based on MGS testing.  This was a mistake and after 6 months of use and many three putts with distance control went back to my Mizuno and improved my putting immediately.  Use the MGS testing as a guide only and make sure you get fit for a putter that works best for you.

Edited by ED13
extra word

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

1 hour ago, ED13 said:

I am a feel putter and am still using an old Mizuno putter made by Bettinardi.

I also use one of the Mizuno putters made by Bettinardi (BC1) and can attest that they are great putters.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what putter works for others because it has to work for you.  I am likely to try something because a friend likes it.  But rarely does it ever work best for me.  When going the Most Wanted route, I tend to find myself landing much closer to products that work for me.  Look for stores both online or brick & mortar that have trial periods that will allow you to return the product if it doesn't fit.  I just found one in 2 minutes of searching online--(they have ER2s & Queen Bs). 

Feel is subjective, as has been said before.  But I am pretty sure you can get used to the feel of a brick at the the end of a piece of PVC pipe with enough practice.  The end of the day it has to work you.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I tend to buy a lot of stuff... With that said, I admit that I purchased the most wanted putter (mallet) this year based on the MGS list for 2020. But I have also putted in store with the Queen B 6 putter and it is one of my favorite putters. 

I have an Evnroll ER10 which is not the same as the putter you are looking at, but it is slow off the center as @cnosil mentioned, and that is by design based on the groove design.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

18 hours ago, cnosil said:

Feel is a very subjective metric. People like different feels/sound from their putters so just because someone says this putter feels better doesn’t mean it will for you.

The biggest complaint about Evnroll putters has to do with speed off the face. The grooves job is to even out the distance on offcenter strikes. To do that the slow the ball down when hitting the center of the face. That means you will need to adjust your stroke to account for that.

I am one of the most wanted testers and can tell you there is nothing wrong with the Bettinardi; they are great putters.

What you like will be specific to you. Also remember that the Most wanted rankings are based on what stock configuration will work best for most golfers. You need to evaluate what you like, what is important to you, and ideally try the putter to see what works best.

Thank you so much for your response and its great to hear from one of the Most Wanted Testers. 

So, speed off the face isn't really an issue, that is something that will just take some getting used to, a little practice on the green and I should have better understanding of the impact.

The issue with my putting is off center strikes which causes my putts to miss left or right and I feel like Evnroll can do a better job at managing that. 

18 hours ago, ED13 said:

Both putters are expensive so I would make sure I had a fitting before ordering one.

I am a feel putter and am still using an old Mizuno putter made by Bettinardi.  Have tried Scotty Cameron square back, Evnroll ER6, Tommy Armour TA1and a couple of Odyssey putters.  Have been fit three times with the first and last keeping my current putter and the middle fitting I wanted to only try Evnrolls based on MGS testing.  This was a mistake and after 6 months of use and many three putts with distance control went back to my Mizuno and improved my putting immediately.  Use the MGS testing as a guide only and make sure you get fit for a putter that works best for you.

15 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what putter works for others because it has to work for you.  I am likely to try something because a friend likes it.  But rarely does it ever work best for me.  When going the Most Wanted route, I tend to find myself landing much closer to products that work for me.  Look for stores both online or brick & mortar that have trial periods that will allow you to return the product if it doesn't fit.  I just found one in 2 minutes of searching online--(they have ER2s & Queen Bs). 

Feel is subjective, as has been said before.  But I am pretty sure you can get used to the feel of a brick at the the end of a piece of PVC pipe with enough practice.  The end of the day it has to work you.

So I recently got fitted, in Houston, for a full set, including a putter, but my fitter didn't carry Evnroll Putters and so I couldn't really try them out. My fitter had told me that the putter that I currently have, the Odessey O-Works is fine for me, but I really haven't been putting well with it, multiple 3 putts, so I decided to switch. The issue now is that I recently moved to Pakistan for work and there aren't any fitters here and no pro-shops carry Evnrolls or Bettinardi's, we can only find the big name brands like Scotty Camerons, Odessey and Taylormade and that too in stock configurations and over priced, so how my purchase would work is that I would ship the product to my family's address in Houston, then they would ship it to me, so returning it after purchase won't really be possible, my only option would be to try and sell it here. 

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I tend to buy a lot of stuff... With that said, I admit that I purchased the most wanted putter (mallet) this year based on the MGS list for 2020. But I have also putted in store with the Queen B 6 putter and it is one of my favorite putters. 

I have an Evnroll ER10 which is not the same as the putter you are looking at, but it is slow off the center as @cnosil mentioned, and that is by design based on the groove design.

Yeah, I feel like I should wait until my next visit somewhere to try out both of these head to head and see which one feels better and then make the decision. No use spending $300-400 to purchase something I don't really like and then have no option to return it. 

3 hours ago, YKodvavi said:

Thank you so much for your response and its great to hear from one of the Most Wanted Testers. 

So, speed off the face isn't really an issue, that is something that will just take some getting used to, a little practice on the green and I should have better understanding of the impact.

The issue with my putting is off center strikes which causes my putts to miss left or right and I feel like Evnroll can do a better job at managing that. 

So I recently got fitted, in Houston, for a full set, including a putter, but my fitter didn't carry Evnroll Putters and so I couldn't really try them out. My fitter had told me that the putter that I currently have, the Odessey O-Works is fine for me, but I really haven't been putting well with it, multiple 3 putts, so I decided to switch. The issue now is that I recently moved to Pakistan for work and there aren't any fitters here and no pro-shops carry Evnrolls or Bettinardi's, we can only find the big name brands like Scotty Camerons, Odessey and Taylormade and that too in stock configurations and over priced, so how my purchase would work is that I would ship the product to my family's address in Houston, then they would ship it to me, so returning it after purchase won't really be possible, my only option would be to try and sell it here. 

If your current putter works for you you may want to look at your putting stroke first.  At the beginning of this season I developed a hiccup with pushing my putter leaving my misses right.  Worked on getting a proper arc back in my stroke and started saving 6-10 strokes a round.

You could spend the money for a new putter which may fix what ails you or get a couple of putting lessons first.  So many coaches to choose from on the internet, you should be able to find someone to help.  At least this way you won't have to question if it is you or the equipment.  May save more time and money in the long run.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

• 4 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 6:13 AM, Middler said:

what i took from this is that a wide body blade is superior. 2 tied for the win, 5 in the top 6. I had an ER2 which i liked but agreed on the lack of feel. I just sold it to order the new QB6 which is a little more face balanced than the ER2 and an opportunity came up to get the QB6 which ive been wanting forever, thanks to some holiday gifts and i had to take the chance. 

Edited by FestivusMiracle

Ping G420MAX graphite design tour ad mt-6s
NL 902 OS 5/7/9; S300

Haywood 48&56; S400 black onyx

This month's putter: Scotty Cameron X5.5

Srixon ZStar XV/ -ProV1x